It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New here for one reason, I need opinions on these pictures.. everyone tells me one thing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I took three pictures on Sunday 10/10/10, they were taken on my way to work on the express way. I took the pictures with my blackberry curve so they are not the best, but they still were crazy to me. I didnt even notice what im about to describe until after I got home from work and showed my sister. This is the first picture I took and in my opinion, the most bizarre.. I can really tell the details on my phone because it has a real nice zoom feature but its still slightly noticeable once I sent the pictures to myself over email.

It looks like something is coming out of the sun it is black and when I zoom on my phone it looks like a human figure, everyone I show tells me the same thing.. now in this picture I couldnt really get the same clarity as my phone but its still noticeable in the top right of the sun... I took this picture on the entrance ramp to the express way

tinypic.com...

In this picture the there is a black cocoon shape in the upper left of the picture, this was taken about 3 minutes away from the first one on the same express way

tinypic.com...

This is the last picture, the same black cocoon moved from the upper left to the lower left near the center, and theres also some weird black specs that were not in the previous pictures in the upper right.. this was taken about 2 minutes away from the second picture on the same express way

I have no idea what it really is in these pictures but after a few days of thinking about it I decided I would post it here..

Heres the weirdest thing.. keep in mind the first picture defiantly looks like a human figure on my phone when I zoom and it seems to be descending from the sun..
these pictures were taken on 10/10/10 on a Sunday... what do you think?

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
i now see what you're taking about. at first i thought it could only be the clouds and some dirt, but its possible it could be something else

edit on 13-10-2010 by WanderingThe3rd because: change of mind

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I thought it was dirt too but why wouldnt it be in the other two pictures

edit on 13-10-2010 by Paramatman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Were you taking photos of the thing coming out of the sun? Or did you just notice them later?

That for me is a pretty big deal in assessing any photograph. Judging by your first paragraph you only discovered the anomaly after checking over the picture at a later date. This suggests to me it is a mark of some sort in the foreground. As on such a clear day you would have noticed the object in the sky, especially if it was moving. The first pic is a beaut by the way.

Welcome to ATS! I'm sure I'll see you around the forums!

edit on 13-10-2010 by Big Raging Loner because: To remove double words.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Paramatman

It is either something on your camera lense, or a bug.
Sorry, just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

good point

and now i see the vertical movment on the object.

its weird the path it took, and its moving faster then the clouds even in your pictures.

interesting

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I noticed them later when showing my sister how nice the sky was, but I wasnt really looking at the sky at that point when the sun was showing because I was messing with my phone and ipod being a terrible driver lol, but the sun was only showing for about 3 minutes or so until the clouds covered it

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I respect your opinion but why wouldnt there be the same specs in the following pictures? they were taken with a small camera lens on my BlackBerry Curve

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
this reminds me of a picture i want to upload now, i called it the shadow on the sun.

even though it was kinda opposite, it was like something small was infront of the sun, but directly infront of my view, it was casting this weird shadow in the sky! not the ground, all around and infront of the sun there was this black shadow instead of white light type when you see light clip the angle of something in the morning and all the dust is stiring up so yu can see the light beams, instead of that it was like beams of shadows, FREAKEN WEIRDD

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
You might clean the windshield or the lens? I don't see anything to justify posting it here? From the angle it looks like you took it through your windshield correct?

Did you have reason for taking the same photo with two devices and pointing it at the sun? Really odd? I don't see any opportunity for a good shot, so what were you photographing?

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I did take it through my windshield with one device.. my BlackBerry Curve, and I was taking pictures of the sky because I always do and it happened to look amazing on that day lol

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Probably a bit of dirt on the windshield then? Keep looking

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

if it was dirt on the windshield why wouldnt it be in the same spot in each picture?

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Only if you were holding the camera in the exact same position. I don't know the resolution of a Blackberry, but blown up in a screenshot program to 800%, it shows each "thing" is only about 4 or 5 pixels at their largest point. You can't tell what anything is. Shooting into the sun and a dark spot like you show usually means you had something on your lens.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

I had my phone in the same spot for each picture or extremely close to, I was holding in front of my face for each.. and like I said, the pictures here show minimal detail, especially compared to when I zoom on my phone

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
My friend,

Unfortunatly shooting into the Sun with any camera will create camera/lense/sensor defects. The intensity of the Sun on your camera's sensor is a nono and can cause alot of damage to the sensor.

In addition to this, and although you held it in the same position [or close to it] for every shot, the car your travelling in and moving forward will change the lighting in front of you, thus giving various effects/defects, which is plain to see on your third image.

I am a photographer, I also own a BB Curve, so take what ya will from this advice

ETA: The optics and indeed sensor's on camera phones are not worth putting on phones, they are terrible at best.

Be safe be well,

edit on 14-10-2010 by Spiro because: ETA

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
IMHO this seems to be dirt on your cam or your windshield.

What adds up is the fact that you didn't notice anything there except after viewing the photos on your computer later on.

Trust me: if something is there, you can see it in plain sight - I also made an experience where it was vice versa ... me and my wife saw that thing right in front of us for about 10 minutes, but it was on none of the photos we took... *strange*

Neverminde.
Cheers,
Beyond-Truth

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
lol it is what is is, i just figured i would post it to share with others, but I will say this again, I didnt notice it in the sky at the time because i was to busy being a bad driver and messing with my ipod and camera phone lol
but regardless if it was something or not, thanks for the input guys

cj6

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
definitely some interesting pics
it doesnt look like dirt though idk y ppl are suggesting its dirt

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Yeah I would say dirt on the window, since it does look like the camera moved at least somewhat, antenna in one pic not the others?

But there is always these things:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join