It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The realest words that you might ever hear in a rap song, EVER!!!!! This is so true!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Its crazy how shes sums everything up that is wrong in the inner city black community in 3 minutes

www.worldstarhiphop.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I guess I will have to agree with you. But there are a lot of Blacks; as well Whites and what not need to grow up and live there lives.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Yup, I also agree with you. Everyone needs to stop following the leader or trend, and just do what they have to do in life. Life Its too beautiful to be doing BS and not living it to the max.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

I was just thinking of all the time we can use to learn, live and just have fun in life. Americans and the people of the world need to unite.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Old but still true

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Again, I whole heartedly agree with you, we do. We need to enjoy and experience this journey of life. Unfortunately, it would take something so huge and so massive to make everyone unite, and the sad part is, that most of the people of this world would have to get wiped out. So that others can start to rebuild with a righteous mindset, and teach the following generations. Its too late for US now. I fantasize daily on a perfect Utopia, and get angry because I know the chances that I would see it in my lifetime is slim to none.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Splendid, S&F

In the same line of thought, can I recommend to you guys this fellow Immortal Technique

Also notable truth rapper:
Ill Bill

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Oscillator

Hot!... Thanx.. S&F

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
That was brilliant, and a breath of fresh air in terms of material! Have you heard of Saul Williams he speaks the truth too. More of a spoken word poet than a rapper, but sometimes they are the same thing.

edit on 13-10-2010 by Big Raging Loner because: Add video.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Black People had a lot to feel good about in the sixties and the changes that were being made that made education and employment available to them were being used to the many that wanted to take advantage and live a better life... It was the exploitation of greed with both parents in the work force and welfare mothers that got a check and roof over their heads for having babies combined with a cutoff of cheap tuition fees for education and the war on drugs that has created a new subculture that is affecting people of all races... It is the glorification of the effect this has had on the Black People by the record industry that accentuates the influence these changes have had on them but the changes have impacted all other people as well.. It just isn't focussed on in an accurate manner or it would unite us all in solving the problems and TPTB like for the masses to be divided for that is what makes us weak.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
People don't know about Eigh8t
He spend thousands of dollars and sent his cd to anyone who wanted it.
All because he wanted to touch 1 soul.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Oscillator

That was awesome thanks for the heads up! I hadn't heard of him before. A lot of musicians with a real message are handing out their music nowadays. Stops record companies from taking a slice.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Try this for the realest words in a rap song

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

I wish i could give more than one star, Saul is the man.

line 2 reads: www.youtube.com... don't stop your dreamin

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
That's so cool. She's an amazing woman. star and flag, man.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
great thread S+F + bump

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

]reply to post by restless genius

Nice additions, guys.

There truly is a ton of genius in some of the black poetry and hip hop out there. Some of it is so far beyond anything that comes out of traditional channels of music broadcasting. I'm in love with intelligent hip hop. It speaks to my heart. If anyone has compiled a list of some more intelligent hip hop artists, I'd be willing to actually purchase their music.

new topics

top topics

join