It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen if all the oil disappeared tomorrow?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Imagine that all of the worlds OIl disappeared tomorrow. Would we revert back to some chaotic type of stone age?

I would love to hear what people think would happen, and how the world would be.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Onet Wosix

I think that world economies would be trashed, for one. Most likely mass chaos, too.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
We could use coal

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The 'developed' country's will crash, but that's ok i'm prepared for chaos lol

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Horses and horse feed would be at a huge premium, second and third world countries might fair better as they don't have the gas muscle the 'west' does. Would not take that long for gas engines to convert to methane gas, and there is plenty of that around! 6 months and the 'west' would be back on its feet, bio diesel, methane engines, steam locomotives, electric cars, hydrogen trucks, its all there waiting in the wings.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Hi,

Here you go watch the videos it will give you some idea, if you have not watched them already
Take good care

Love and peace

Rick

www.shallownation.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
We could estimate how much oil was exactly in the ground and what consequences it will have to the forces in the ground, besides the expected cave ins of suddenly appearing voids in the earths crust.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
A lot of people would be walking to work.

Rev

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
Would not take that long for gas engines to convert to methane gas, and there is plenty of that around!

That reminded me of Mad Max Beyond the Thunder Dome. It's a good movie that somewhat deals with the issue. Mad Max Road Warrior, also.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Onet Wosix,

What is more critical is water, they are not afraid we'll run out of oil or they wouldn't be wasting so much by what is made to look like negligence and useles wars bursted pipelines busted apart tankers etc. There is so much oil that they know they can waste all they want, it is growing as fast or faster than being used.

What we need to be careful of is water and the polution of oceans and underground water that is being polluted and even the polar ice by the fallout on them. Then we put flouride and clorine in it to top it all off. The water needs to be pure to flush the body of toxins, not loaded so it can't. Thanks anyway for the wake up call, it is needed.

Truthiron

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I would be able to let my dog run free without having to worry about some cage monkey running her over after the gasoline all got used up,Cool!!!.

I wouldn't have to worry about some cage monkey running over me on my bicycle either,Cool!!!.

Everyone but me and a few other people would be freaking out completely.

top topics

join