It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever listen to Clinton?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Have you actually heard Clinton talk? I mean really listen to him. In a setting that's not on TV or in quick, edited soundbites. He's really freaking SMART. He has the bearing and intellectual inclination of a university professor or politics or history. He uses big words (unlike some people), makes complex and logical arguments, and what he says makes alot of SENSE. He is extremely well read and has intricate knowledge of the constitution and government.

I now see why, unlike the current president, Clinton was able to do multiple jobs without all these advisors and secretaries. His Sec. of Defense, Attorney General, etc. weren't major figures like Rummy, Ashcroft, Rice, and Cheney. It was just Clinton, the others were behind the scenes. The guy's well, he's a genius. In spite of all his faults...

(sigh) Just listening to him now and thinking about these people in power now....it's like night and day. God, even thinking about the guys before Clinton....

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Clinton is crazy smart--he kinda pulls you into whatever web he's weaving. And having a nice face doesn't hurt. Colin Powell is the same way. He's got a sarcastic sense of humor. Men like these are few and far between in politics.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
You guys make it like Bush is a moron....he's not...please stop listening to the 30 second sound bytes that only shown by the media to make him look like a tard...

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
You guys make it like Bush is a moron....he's not...please stop listening to the 30 second sound bytes that only shown by the media to make him look like a tard...

I am.
I'm going to the 2 hour movie this weekend that makes Bush look like a tard.

As for Clinton, he is smart...but that's not his appeal IMO. He's President Slim Shady. In his second term he should have just turned it on.

Shown up to his impeachment hearings with Funkmaster Flex in a tricked out ride, wearing his pimp suit and addressing the floor thusly:

Gentlemen, gentlemen....hate the game not the player.

Don't investigate; Congratulate!

[Edited on 26-6-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Clinton was a Rhodes scholar after all. The thing is his accent. There is something about a southern accent that is like nails on a chalkboard to me, and just makes the speaker sound less intelligent.

Hey, I know it's wrong to judge people by an accent. I recognize I have a problem, and that's the first step.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
so what hes smart, that dont make somebody a good president, and that still doesnt change the fact that he is a pig and lied to america on cnn about it

[Edited on 6-26-2004 by KrazyIvan]

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Oh, please. Two words for you, Water and Gate. Clinton's actions were practically saintly next to Nixon's. And that was a serious Constitutional crisis. But with the Lewinsky Affair, there was no crisis, no threat to the rule of law, nothing.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I never said that Bush was a moron. I just don't think he's very intellectual or capable of easily translating thoughts into words. He was alot of really smart people around him though. Clinton did to, but he just didn't need them. Though the brightest of men can be brought down by their.....lower brain, I suppose. *shrugs*

On another note, I don't see why people are so disdainful of the "liberal elitist" or the intellectual elitist. That's why we need in office, not someone motivated by unflinching ideology. Someone who is capable of saying they're sorry, and someone who's capable of changing their mind (what some conservatives call flip-flopping).

I want an elitist, brainy, "latte-sipping" individual who sees the world in shades of grey instead of sharply contrasted black and white.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
On another note, I don't see why people are so disdainful of the "liberal elitist" or the intellectual elitist. That's why we need in office, not someone motivated by unflinching ideology. Someone who is capable of saying they're sorry, and someone who's capable of changing their mind (what some conservatives call flip-flopping).

I want an elitist, brainy, "latte-sipping" individual who sees the world in shades of grey instead of sharply contrasted black and white.

Flinx, I also prefer this guy to this guy

But I'm willing to compromise. That's why, as I've said before, moderate southern dems win elections. But instead of another Carter or Clinton, we nominated Kerry...who's willingness to see in shades of gray and orate at great length on just how gray gray really is....scares the bejesus out of conservatives still refighting the Vietnam war in their head.

That's why Kerry's best shot is to add a little down home common sense to his ticket with Edwards. The man has all the gray matter upstairs you could hope for, but he still knows how to talk to people.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Always a huge pet peeve of mine:

Q: Why do you like Bill Clinton?
A: He's such a good speaker!

Ummm, so was Hitler...

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
while on the opposite of the political spectrum did have one thing in common. Both were eternal optimists about this country, and knew how to convey this feeling to others. No matter what one thinks of either's policies this is one of the main qualities that got both reelected.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I will have to agree that Clinton is a great speaker. Allthough when you lie to the grand jury, it doesn't matter how great of a speaker you are. Even though he only lied about sex, lying under oath when you are lawyer no matter how small is a big no-no

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Yea i herd him talk... here's an imitation: aaa...umm....I DDINT HAVE SEX WITH MONICA LUWENSKI!!....ahhh duuudaaa aanhhh (THAT'S A LIE!!) DONT SAY I DID!!.....ddaaadaaddddaaaha I DID NOT HAVE SEXUAL RELATIONS WITH THAT WOMAN (IM LYING)!!....ddadudd. lol

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Yeah, SATAN is brilliant, too.

Clinton is nothing but a political whore of the highest order.

new topics

top topics

join