It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 96
<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

edit on 14-10-2010 by rushunt because: Previous post edit

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

I think that is why I sit up and take notice more, because the disinfo is out in full force! If it was nothing but balloons, we probably wouldn't hear a peep.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman

Originally posted by 0ne10
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

I'm sorry to break this to you, but it is possible for balloons to be stationary in the sky for a few minutes. I have seen it with my own eyes. You know, there is not always wind, right? You know, it is possible the balloon was moving, just so little that it was hard to see it moving.

But what am I kidding, you are just going to think of several reasons to dismiss what I just said anyway.
edit on 14-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

You're not breaking anything to me
My heart is not set on this being of ET intelligence, however, I myself have never seen helium filled balloons hover at one altitude. I have only seen them travel upward until they are completely gone from sight. Wind or no wind, they will continue rising because they are filled with helium and will eventually burst once they cannot continue upward. I'd like some scientific explanation of this... my mind is open though. But I'm not buying that video of the silver balloons and the kids just yet.

this article may answer some of your doubts about hovering helium balloons.

www.ukqna.com...

thanks

rich

link   

Originally posted by rushunt
I think your on the right track here human. My point wich is opinion is that if this was aliens that traveled 2 bajillion miles to disclose don't you think they would have done more than "run what u brung". I mean it would be spectacular and if it was blue beAm/nwo it would have had to have been more than this to cause panic and fear to join up and get the mark..... This is my opinion. And the planes well if your hyped up all day sometimes things seem a little more than what it really is. Add all the coincidence/ possibly caused by the balloon/UFO and whammo it can get out of hand real quick. This is my opinion I have been wrong but deep inside I feel something is wrong something is not at ease but this didn't tickle it.

Well the funny thing is, for some reason, I never thought these were alien. I hardly ever do because I personally believe at least 3/4 of the UFOs are, man-made.

So right from the start, I thought this was contrived bu----t by whom? And why? And how?
But clearly not how the news spun it to be.

Balloons? Released from a street vendor? And then a classroom?
And THAT caused an uproar for over 8 (maybe 12) hours?

And the planes being delayed? Causing more commotion due to a 'smell' many miles away?
Then having many of us, fixated on Earth-Cam? Watching orbs?

I mean this whole event seems so incredibly orchestrated it's almost frustratingly commendable!

link   

Originally posted by phiktion

There's no proof that 4chan hoaxed this. Usually they like to brag on their exploits, as they have always done so in the past.

I'm thinking that the silver balloons video with the kids was made up. Balloons do not sit and hover in the sky. Until someone can present some sort of scientific explanation for how balloons would do so, I'm keeping an open mind. As far as I am concerned, it's still a UFO = unidentified flying object.

The news article with the "Bling bling she finally got the ring" poster and all the kids standing around looks very contrived. Personally the article looks like it was made to derail the possibility of them actually being UFOs further and to make people stop looking at this all together for the time being.
edit on 14-10-2010 by phiktion because: typo

It sure did! The harder they try to cover it up, the more we want to see what's behind the curtain eh?

second line

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

Thank you, but the article doesn't tell me much about how many minutes it would float once reaching a certain point.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Today is a new night. Did someone here able to take a pic of those supposed airplanes in EarthCam?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

That could be possible! I'm serious...like... when i first started reading this I was kind of skeptical but I didn't want to close off the idea completely. I've seriously been sitting here since I first posted.. toying with so many ideas.. and I just go in circles. I mean they looked like balloons..almost exactly..but if that was the case then why can't anybody identify them? It doesn't seem like the gov. to come out and say.. don't know guys, sorry..... the 4chan people...okay.. i'm pretty sure they did do their normal pranks but if they were 100% apart of it.. yeah..it probably would have been pretty easy to lead this situation to them. (But I'm still not closed off to the idea Rich...so if you do happen to find something that proves it or telling evidence I am still interested) It just doesn't make sense none of it... the supposed UFO's look identical to a cluster of balloons....but they can't be identified? The gov. would jump on that I would think and say... YUP BALLOONS CARRY ON PEOPLE!... So you might not be far off... I don't know though...I could just not be clear with all the facts to this story.

To be honest this whole thing scares me which is probably why I'm wanting answers.. and wanting answers now.. and getting overly excited.

Okay... I don't think I'm clear on all the facts here. So the news said it was balloons? I thought they said that they think they were balloons but no one could confirm... Why am I getting so confused here? It seems like the facts are changing constantly...
edit on 14-10-2010 by IzzycomesinPeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

RICH-ENGLAND my worthy adversary, I finally have some hard proof of what really happened yesterday in NYC.

The source is impeccable and can not be denied.

The truth is that it was aliens who were handing out balloons made of a special space aged material as seen on TV.

Unfortunately my source will not allow me to release this evidence, but believe you, me it is real, seriously! It is being stored in the bottom of my sadly empty bottle of Jameson.

Darn you RICH-ENGLAND for being so gosh-golly right.

Of course this is just a little comic relief as I head off to bed.

RICH - I can not believe you actually are still here on this thread -- RESPECT -- not a fan of your theories but impressed you are a person of your word.

RIP to this thread and thanks all for a lot of fun. IMO - Nothing has been learned in regards to yesterday's events but...Never Lose hope!!!

Rich, wishing you, in jest, an alien balloon probe this evening,

t

edit on 10/14/2010 by EyeHeartBigfoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyeHeartBigfoot

RICH-ENGLAND my worthy adversary, I finally have some hard proof of what really happened yesterday in NYC.

The source is impeccable and can not be denied.

The truth is that it was aliens who were handing out balloons made of a special space aged material as seen on TV.

Unfortunately my source will not allow me to release this evidence, but believe you, me it is real, seriously! It is being stored in the bottom of my sadly empty bottle of Jameson.

Darn you RICH-ENGLAND for being so gosh-golly right.

Of course this is just a little comic relief as I head off to bed.

RICH - I can not believe you actually are still here on this thread -- RESPECT -- not a fan of your theories but impressed you are a person of your word.

RIP to this thread and thanks all for a lot of fun. IMO - Nothing has been learned in regards to yesterday's events but...Never Lose hope!!!

Rich, wishing you, in jest, an alien balloon probe this evening,

t

edit on 10/14/2010 by EyeHeartBigfoot because: (no reason given)

Lmao! Within 5 seconds you literally raised my hopes then crushed them!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Thank you, but the article doesn't tell me much about how many minutes it would float once reaching a certain point.

here is another article answering it in part, it takes about 1.5 hours to reach freezing hight of 5000 metres, thats assuming normal weather and going straight up, and its the freezing that causes them to eventually shatter, so if they were to get stuck hovering at a lower height as explained in the other article then they could last for hours because they will last around 12 to 18 hours in normal conditions if not released,

www.balloonhq.com...

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by headb
Listen up folks!

I rarely comment at all. I'd like to break wind now.

I rarely comment on my fellow skeptics because deep inside I am truly reserved. I am yet to be convinced. Until I shake the hand of another being, I will not have to believe anything. It's ok, I think that's still healthy.

[Argh! How typical! Keyboard messes up and erases my long post! Have to rewrite it again I suppose.]

Healthy skepticism helps weed out good info from bad info and thus helps ATS somewhat. But we all know about the resident debunkers and skeptics here. Personally, I find them offensive at times. They seem to attack people psychologically and thus divert attention from the subject at hand.

Sometimes I think I have yet to see them muse over an anomaly and acknowledge a gem in some OP. It's always negative when you see these guys. It's as if, they were paid.

I mean, just because I'm still not convinced doesn't mean I have to pound on some witness. I can keep my healthy skepticism and give the guy the benefit of the doubt. But I can see personal attacks here, like the guy who said, "You really want to believe this, don't you?" As a fellow skeptic, may I ask the same question to you? You really DON'T want to believe this don't you?

Will your organization suffer from disclosure? Wait, on second thought, being a pro - you might have no reservations on attacking others. Just get the job done. Whether your on a government's payroll or TPTB's - it doesn't matter. You will continue debunking until there's physical contact with other entities. I don't find that constructive criticism or skepticism at all.

Your organization will however apologize to the most notable victim of your bashing as a symbolic offering of peace. I'm thinking similar to the POPE saying sorry to Galileo after 300 years. But by then, the subject will not be as taboo as it is today. People will forget how angry they were when you considered them to be ignorant fools who mistook balloons for cars, or elephants, or planes for helicopters. What? People will forget. After 300yrs, your org will still be alive and generations have passed.

Gasp! I mean I don't want to be like one of the guys in Medieval Europe who says, "You idiot! The world is flat!" I must respect a person's intellect and hear him out. If he turns out to be a nut, then I don't have to yell "You're a nut!" It wont help anyway.

I don't have to believe anything - this (ufology) is not a religion. I want to know. Let me touch it and feel it then I'll decide whether or not it's real.

For those who are just truly skeptical and would like more physical proof - like me! - please respect the views of other members. Bashing witnesses may discourage others to come forward. Thanks for considering this!

I hope I don't get a "ticket" for posting this large quote from user "Headb", but this is the ONLY thing that deserves any mention in this thread. Kudos to you, Headb.

Everyone should read this and pay attention. Skeptics, believers, WHATEVER. Stop acting like TOOLS. I came to ATS ( well over, actually was a lurker for quite some time) a year ago because weird things could be discussed!! BIG DEAL, some people truly believe that WEIRD THINGS happen! Reading this really brings me back....to grade school! I just can't understand why...if someone doesn't like the topic or think everyone trying to discuss it are NUTBAGS and tin foil hat wearing ass-clowns, they feel the need to "disrupt the class"...Just don't read the thread! SOLVED..so..... nah nah nah nah BOO BOO!!

Go read something else?

edit on 15-10-2010 by Wookiep because: spelling and clarity

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

thanks, and no problem, enjoy.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Coast to coast am is on.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by the cynic jester
I wonder what happened to rich England? Is this a case of the lady doth protest too much? I mean it was really compelling how vehemently he attacked everyone elses p.o.v.

Otherwise I'm still unsure, where is MMN his opinion seems pretty balanced and outlook but I'm sure it's a balloon or led kite

Cynic jester.....

where is MMN his opinion seems pretty balanced and outlook but I'm sure it's a balloon or led kite

G'day!

I'm here, reading away.....

I even saw all this on the "big screen" at the gym this morning while I was on the treadmill.....unfortunately, all the "TV guys & gals were laughing at all us "UFO guys & gals".

At the risk of starting to get myself "bashed up".....

I'm thinking the objects are balloons & planes.

Now I know I'm gonna get it!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

It just seemed like things got out of hand so fast, at one point I read a post by you that was just the same two words over and over...and over lol. Getting a bad rap for standing by a very logical position. It was over vehement but like I said it was fun watching the escalation. Was it really just everyone drawing conclusions from nothing?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Theres *nothing* and I repeat, *NOTHING* wrong with believing the events were just balloons and planes. (no reason to get "bashed" there). I'm actually impressed that you've sat this one out. There IS something wrong with the tone of some on here, who believe the same thing, yet continue to act like little children...like 400 times over and over.

edit on 15-10-2010 by Wookiep because: spelling

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

i think you'll be safe my friend, im definitely public enemy number 1 in this thread, you should escape unnoticed,

and i agree, balloons and planes.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND

and i agree, balloons and planes.

thanks

rich

Oh, I think you've made that quite clear.
I believe you, promise!!
I just don't think it takes hundreds of senseless, provocative, insulting, patronizing, and childish posts to get that across. Thanks!

edit on 15-10-2010 by Wookiep because: to adjust quote

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

So what exactly makes you think these are balloons and planes? I know that sounds like I'm trying to start a debate but I'm honestly asking out of curiosity. The facts are constantly changing it seems like...So...I'm having a really hard time trying to figure out what is actually credible. To be honest I've read a lot of your comments to most threads and I've actually started to respect your opinion.

...haha...I wish I never started posting in this thread it has done nothing but confuse me.

new topics

top topics

<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join