It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 92
<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

on earthcams for NYC, I decided to do a timelapse on camera 1 and between 8-9 seconds I saw sometime I have no idea what it is....

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

thank you now i must go watch it

thanks Rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
one time i followed a cluster of about 10-20 balloons floating past me in manhattan on the 12 floor terrace of an apt and after a while they disappeared - either too far for my eye or exploded from the change in altitude pressure. I remember that there wasnt anything strange about these balloons - I didnt once go - wow, they are moving funny or they dont look like balloons anymore or whatever.

Im not trying to present an argument - my first thought was some whack jobs created a 100 foot structure - filled it with helium and let it go from a field in Jersey or something as a hoax on the Oct. 13th prediction. But then I realized "who the heck woud go to that trouble and where would they get all the material?"- Im just trying keep some simple logic in place.

But normal balloons really doesnt make sense to me - the crowd would have known immediately or they would have exploded or been too far away to see. Balloons are always rising in New York for one reason or another - its not a crazy thing.

If it was a balloon a weather balloon, ironically, in this case would be a better explanation. The correct material to survive the altitude and big enough to be seen and at the same time be high enough to baffle the public. I think some regular balloons at 500 ft just wouldnt get a bunch of busy new yorkers gawking to the sky

Now

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by IzzycomesinPeace

It is what it is. You got to have a little more bravado. It is vicious at times due to certain people but you'll learn (real fast) how to scroll real fast!

When reading a post, I never look to see when they registered. Who cares? It's the quality not quantity of their posts that's important.
There are 'long time lurkers' who are probably very intimated to jump in. To me that's silly. I think everyone has something to contribute (now whether it's of any value, is another thing) but someone, somewhere will always resonate with your words. These threads get read by many even though they all don't contribute.

This event yesterday is and will probably remain unresolved due to all the ambiguity. But look at it this way. All the best (unfortunate too) cases; JKF, Shuttle Columbia, Michael Jackson, Sept 11th, Phoenix Lights, Marilyn Monroe etc......are NEVER, cut and dry.
Not only do they all have two sides, many if not all, have dozens of explanations to them.

So Oct 13 2010 "UFO over Manhattan" will be tossed along side the best of the bests because we simply don't know. And be cautious of those who SAY they know emphatically (i.e. Balloons) are the ones you should be weary of. Because they are either extremely arrogant or they're paid dis-informants. Take your pick.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

please explain, you lost me a little. i personally dont think anything out of the ordinary happened so i dont think there's much point in me debating what you're asking, although i certainly would in the right thread.

thanks

rich

So what you are implying in your 150+ postings of the last 24 hours is that you are dead-set on that this whole ordeal is just balloons?

Then pray-tell, may I bother you for your tell-all, be-all 100% proof-positive evidential fact that we are all wrong?

I apologize in advance if you have already given this data, but I honestly do not have the time to go through all your post to find it myself.

I am extremely open to hard evidence and have not come to any conclusions regarding the events of last night.

I am, however, very appalled by the very fact of having someones opinion stated as proof! I have not stated what I believe this occurrence to be because I have not been exposed to enough evidence either way to make an educated decision.

It has become quite wearisome to continually have to weed through two certain individual's incessant postings of the same repetitive drool postings that they themselves are "All-Knowing" of the events from last night.

NO ONE AS OF YET HAVE PROVIDED ANY SUBSTANCE OF ANY ARGUMENT AS OF DATE

So, PLEASE, As Dr. Love has asked us many hours ago...Can We Please Just Move On?

Do you get it yet that there are those who do not accept the balloon theory. And it is just that, A Theory!

I asked before, and no response, so I'll ask again: What Is Your Primary Objective?

Every UFO topic you post has been pushed hard by your postings to be sent to the HOAX Forum.

Heck, Your Very First Posting Was A Request To Have An ATS Member Posting Removed And Then You Hinted That If You Were Not Such A New Member You Would Try To Get Them Banned.

In the 6 months you have been a member you have posted 851 times. Of those 851 postings, 166 posts were made in the last 24 hours. Most of those posts have been a repetitive "They Are Balloons" posting which leads me to believe you will keep it up until this thread ends up in the HOAX Forum just like the majority of threads you have posted upon.

-I can dig deeper, but it has become clear of what you really are and what are truly your intentions.

So, can we finally take the Moderator -DR. LOVE's- advise and move on? Please, Pretty Please With Sugar On Top?

Exacerbated,

t

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Tonight in the 1 at hour of coast to coast am with George booty they will have Simone on about the NY sighting and call INS might be very interesting. Just a heads up. If you can't find it go online to kfyo streaming and the broadcast the program for those who don't know 12:00 to 5:00 am central time

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This might sound silly...but let me know what you think..... Has anybody mentioned doing an experiment to try and maybe add or debunk the balloon theory? Because I know some of the claims are that the balloons couldn't be possible because you wouldn't be able to see them as high up as they were. Maybe we should try and get a cluster of yellow balloons and release them...take pics...and try and figure out how high they can go before they aren't visible. There will probably be some issues with it...But maybe we could get an idea whether the balloon theory is plausible or not... what do you guys think?
edit on 14-10-2010 by IzzycomesinPeace because: wow...always the typos.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Listen up folks!

I rarely comment at all. I'd like to break wind now.

I rarely comment on my fellow skeptics because deep inside I am truly reserved. I am yet to be convinced. Until I shake the hand of another being, I will not have to believe anything. It's ok, I think that's still healthy.

[Argh! How typical! Keyboard messes up and erases my long post! Have to rewrite it again I suppose.]

Healthy skepticism helps weed out good info from bad info and thus helps ATS somewhat. But we all know about the resident debunkers and skeptics here. Personally, I find them offensive at times. They seem to attack people psychologically and thus divert attention from the subject at hand.

Sometimes I think I have yet to see them muse over an anomaly and acknowledge a gem in some OP. It's always negative when you see these guys. It's as if, they were paid.

I mean, just because I'm still not convinced doesn't mean I have to pound on some witness. I can keep my healthy skepticism and give the guy the benefit of the doubt. But I can see personal attacks here, like the guy who said, "You really want to believe this, don't you?" As a fellow skeptic, may I ask the same question to you? You really DON'T want to believe this don't you?

Will your organization suffer from disclosure? Wait, on second thought, being a pro - you might have no reservations on attacking others. Just get the job done. Whether your on a government's payroll or TPTB's - it doesn't matter. You will continue debunking until there's physical contact with other entities. I don't find that constructive criticism or skepticism at all.

Your organization will however apologize to the most notable victim of your bashing as a symbolic offering of peace. I'm thinking similar to the POPE saying sorry to Galileo after 300 years. But by then, the subject will not be as taboo as it is today. People will forget how angry they were when you considered them to be ignorant fools who mistook balloons for cars, or elephants, or planes for helicopters. What? People will forget. After 300yrs, your org will still be alive and generations have passed.

Gasp! I mean I don't want to be like one of the guys in Medieval Europe who says, "You idiot! The world is flat!" I must respect a person's intellect and hear him out. If he turns out to be a nut, then I don't have to yell "You're a nut!" It wont help anyway.

I don't have to believe anything - this (ufology) is not a religion. I want to know. Let me touch it and feel it then I'll decide whether or not it's real.

For those who are just truly skeptical and would like more physical proof - like me! - please respect the views of other members. Bashing witnesses may discourage others to come forward. Thanks for considering this!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by IzzycomesinPeace
This might sound silly...but let me know what you think..... Has anybody mentioned doing an experiment to try and maybe add or debunk the balloon theory? Because I know some of the claims are that the balloons couldn't be possible because you wouldn't be able to see them as high up as they were. Maybe we should try and get a cluster of yellow balloons and release them...take pics...and try and figure out how high they can go before they aren't visible. There will probably be some issues with it...But maybe we could get an idea whether the balloon theory is plausible or not... what do you guys think?
edit on 14-10-2010 by IzzycomesinPeace because: wow...always the typos.

Actually not a bad idea. A bunch of New Yorkers should get together and get about 100 balloons or something and realease and watch and see if at anytime they could possibly gather together in the air above and look like a ufo.

Of course atmospheric weather conditions change all the time , but it may give us somewhat of an idea.

And we might get some press - haha! "NEW YORKERS TAKE MATTERS INTO THEIR OWN HANDS"

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by IzzycomesinPeace

weather balloons reach stratosphere and beyond. Google "father and son project to see earth in space". That's a nice place to start if you're interested.

Nice comment though. But I respect the judgment of the multiple witnesses who say the weren't balloons. Probably a combination of planes, choppers, and balloons but not just balloons.

Good call on releasing those balloons though - it really messes up the already chaotic playing field.
edit on 14-10-2010 by headb because: weather - not whether. typo

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by headb

You deserve recognition for your post.

Well said.

YOU are a terrific example of what I think the spirit of this site should be!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Thanks for the advice! I'll keep that in mind. You're probably right about this..it will probably remain a mystery. I just don't want us to erase our chances to even be able to figure this out because we are focusing on things that are not important. I've noticed the variety of intelligence on this forum it's just a shame to let it go to waste because our energy is wasted on silly things.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

wow, will you lot just give it a rest, i haven't said a word to anyone since i came back on yet ive been attacked about 4 times, JUST GET OVER IT OR IGNORE ME

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Honestly, why dont we give Rich a break - I know im clueless and I skipped pages 46 thru 71 (see my post on 72) so I missed the "fight", but if he's not getting into it now then lets move on -- better yet lets get a show of hands of new yorkers who want to get together and release some balloons!!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by IzzycomesinPeace
reply to post by Human_Alien

Thanks for the advice! I'll keep that in mind. You're probably right about this..it will probably remain a mystery. I just don't want us to erase our chances to even be able to figure this out because we are focusing on things that are not important. I've noticed the variety of intelligence on this forum it's just a shame to let it go to waste because our energy is wasted on silly things.

good call, dont blame but sorry if i may ask i think rich is a troll whom only posted a lot of replays with no evidence
yet he attacked other members for there views on this matter, i was wondering if this is justified?

And also lets put this rest shall we? ok so oct 13 is over, we all are going to call it a mystery.

edit on 14-10-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Was the ignore button removed? I have a feeling some posts are just up here to distract members from reasonable discussion.

It is highly disruptive behavior. I'm sure some people are upset. Don't mind me professional debunkers, for I am a real professional - engineer and CEO. SO after this, I wont have time to read any bashing.

Hehehe. Good day folks!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Has there been any more evidence posted about yesterdays events? Is anyone watching earth cam tonight to see if it is anything like it was last night? If it is the same tonight, tomorrow and Saturday we could probably lean closer to the fact that it was planes everyone was seeing.

I haven't made up my mind about what it was seen by people, but instead of arguing what you thought it was, do some research and try to figure out or rule out certain things. I would like to put more time into this, unfortunately I am swamped with # to do.

I have been checking back in with this thread, but listening to people banter back and forth really gets old. No one knows what it was for sure, so lets just try to get more information.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
oh dear, i get called a troll yet 4 people keep trying to provoke me.... pot, kettle, black

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

You're right. I might have jumped the gun on my rant.. and I'm sorry if that was the case...It just seemed like on this thread his theories were getting overlooked which was the frustrating part to me.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by rushunt
Tonight in the 1 at hour of coast to coast am with George booty they will have Simone on about the NY sighting and call INS might be very interesting. Just a heads up. If you can't find it go online to kfyo streaming and the broadcast the program for those who don't know 12:00 to 5:00 am central time

Wow! Excellent (although I have no idea who Simone is) but thanks so very much. This will be most interesting although we won't be able to tell liars from locals but just the same....thanks!!

(Am holding up a lit Bic lighter.....) Kudos! Very VERY well stated!

Best advice? Just ignore. Anyone who KNOWS something who WASN'T there is (like I've been saying) either very arrogant or a dis-informant. Either one is someone no one would want to be around. So......ignore the idiots and don't encourage them to keep posting.

top topics

<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join