It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enter Ruin

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND
reply to post by Enter Ruin

i didn't ignore it at all, i keep asking you what the daytime balloons have to do with the nightime plane video?.

nobody but you is claiming them to be the same incident!

thanks

rich

ok how about this... how about you show me proof they released supposed balloons to the skies? Sure, you posted why they had balloons, and what they were celebrating, but show me proof they let go of those balloons, because as stated by some Newyorkers, it might be dangerous to the "airplanes/helicopters/jets/etc" you guys say they were from the night earthcam footage...

come on, show me proof they let go off those balloons shown in the earthcam picture.
edit on 14-10-2010 by Enter Ruin because: I want sources

i have no idea if the actual release was filmed but i will try my best to find some, but we already know it happened, theres video of the balloons airborne, and many many many news articles about it and police statements.

but yes ill play along, we all know you only said this because you couldn't answer my question

fail

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Oh and Rich-England , i'd quite like YOU to provide evidence of 4Chan's involvement in this incident, as i'm assuming you have taken screen grabs etc.

Can't wait to see your evidence...... Might be waiting a while of course.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
all people viewing this subject obvisally have a belief that something deep is going on in our skies, this could be the start of the false flag or it could be genuine, but uno i find it strange how the whole chilie miners thing is the only thing on the news right now, it comes right on que to norad officers prediction, and so obvisally the main report isnt going to be 'mass numbers of people in nyc stand and stare at things in the sky' is it. we shouldnt argue about wheather or not this phenomeon is real, if even 1 picture or video is not a fake, then there u have it somethings going on. all we need is belief and this should hopefully come to surface at some point in the near future, i really hope that.
Also i tell people about this is england and they dont all disbelieve it and im sure it makes them stop and think about things for minute, and then if they pass the info on to someone else the effect is carried on. its time to make the change and its down to us. take care

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warhacks

Originally posted by Thekid90
Hi all, this is my first post and I'm a huge time lurker.

I haven't read all the pages, so I'm not really in the loop. I like to believe in many things, yet I refuse to accept unless there's evidence, when that is non existent on both sides then I fall on logic. I keep an open mind, aneutral stance, a believing heart but a skeptical mind.

I have to say I find it crazy that if it is a balloon/s that they stopped so many new yorkers in there trracks and had many reports. Its possible and if it s a balloon then this story is being sensationalized for an agenda.

Either way ufo or balloon, there's something to it. Aliens zipping through to display themselves or the gov, trying to condition us. I believe in the latter.

Now for all those who claim its a balloon and tequesting proof of it being a ufo..where's your proof of it being a balloon? You have no right to say it is regarding your own logic.

Very well said could have not put it better myself. I saw the objects yesterday and ive lived in NYC all my life. Trust me when I say balloons are not going to stop a few Ny blocks ppl here dont really stop for anything . I myself wish i could say what i saw were ET but i can't but i could a sure you that they were not balloons either that BS trying to dismiss this as just balloons is a joke......

It could def be some type of hoax but as of now it's a UFO because we cannot identify it's origins conclusively ain't that what UFO stands for???

I believe it could have been some type of test to see how fast information would be spread to monitor possible scenarios if a true ufo of et origins was to show up in a well populated area

edit on 14-10-2010 by Warhacks because: .

Thank you and I completely agree, although I believe that test has been done a looong time ago. I assume this is either a step part process or condition for that process.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
tip of the iceburg people....tip of the iceburg
begining of many events, soon to pass

just my opinion

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
This thread is dying a slow death. Since when has "world wide" only been America? If these are ET trying to tell people that they are here, then they are going the worst way about it!

Its really sad what this subject has turned in too. Really, even i am thinking about leaving it well alone for a little while because its filled with these types of believers

I just can't believe that some people are saying Stanley A. Fulham prediction has come true. How stupid are you people! We have objects in the sky that could, and most prob are balloons. We have cam footage of lights in the sky. This is not evidence of anything odd at all, but some people just refuse to hold their hands up and say "ok, i was wrong"

I have always said that the worst types of people in this subject are the hardcore believers, and the hardcore de-bunkers. They do nothing but bring this subject down, which is a shame because there are some really good, unexplained cases out there, but they get drowned out with all this crap!

I personally believe they are balloons too. But some of the filmed objects are certainly not your standard party balloons of the yellow variety. The question is then, IMHO, why are very large multi-spherical silver appearing ?balloons? flying over NYC with no official explanation given by authorities? The authorities have not claimed a position on this.
edit on 14-10-2010 by veryinteresting because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Cole DeSteele

Saw some lights over Ottawa Canada a couple of hours ago, I was trying to find a "credible" place to report it.
Looked strangely like the shape of a bell.

link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND

i have no idea if the actual release was filmed but i will try my best to find some, but we already know it happened, theres video of the balloons airborne, and many many many news articles about it and police statements.

but yes ill play along, we all know you only said this because you couldn't answer my question

I DID answer your question, that you ignored it, well that's your problem.. and GREAT!
" theres video of the balloons airborne, and many many many news articles about it and police statements." AWESOME, show me the video and show me several of those "MANY" news articles that show police statements about them being balloons. Thank you
edit on 14-10-2010 by Enter Ruin because: Fixed post

link   
Balloons are not usually released in bunches are they? Did something go wrong? Is there footage/images of the balloons being released?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

A street sign inscribed “Gran Via” was unveiled after the signing ceremony, and Broadway was symbolically renamed after the Madrid avenue for a day. The event concluded with the world premiere of Madrid’s newest promotional video on Times Square’s Toshiba Vision giant screen and the release of yellow balloons into the Midtown sky.

www.theepochtimes.com...

Rich already provided the link. All anyone had to do was bother

to read it to discover that the yellow balloons were released

concluding the premiere of Madrind's promotional video on Times

Square Toshiba Vision giant screen.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d9bfbabb0e68.jpg[/atsimg]

Yellow Balloons above and below. These are the balloons shown on the news.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/60c9e8a01225.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 14-10-2010 by KIZZZY because: facelift

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

Yeah, apologies it wasn't aimed at you specifically.

But its pics/evidence/and proper reason or its just more blind speculation.

Still waiting for that breakthrough thread, not coming soon though; just attention seekers and charlatans.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by mr-lizard

Oh and Rich-England , i'd quite like YOU to provide evidence of 4Chan's involvement in this incident, as i'm assuming you have taken screen grabs etc.

Can't wait to see your evidence...... Might be waiting a while of course.

its already been posted by another member, but ill do my best, but even if they weren't then what would it have to do with the balloons and planes? explain?.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Molder
reply to post by Cole DeSteele

Saw some lights over Ottawa Canada a couple of hours ago, I was trying to find a "credible" place to report it.
Looked strangely like the shape of a bell.

ummm.... more details...pic's...any others thats had confirmed visual of this sigting?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by KIZZZY

A street sign inscribed “Gran Via” was unveiled after the signing ceremony, and Broadway was symbolically renamed after the Madrid avenue for a day. The event concluded with the world premiere of Madrid’s newest promotional video on Times Square’s Toshiba Vision giant screen and the release of yellow balloons into the Midtown sky.

www.theepochtimes.com...

Rich already provided the link. All anyone had to do was bother

to read it to discover that the yellow balloons were released

concluding the premiere of Madrind's promotional video on Times

Square Toshiba Vision g
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d9bfbabb0e68.jpg[/atsimg]

Yellow Balloons above and below.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/60c9e8a01225.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 14-10-2010 by KIZZZY because: facelift
Ok, Im guessing you just came here, so let's see if you can answer this: at what time where the balloons released?

Also, your random party helium balloons will rise (being lighter than air) until the pressure inside is so much greater than the pressure outside that the rubber that the balloon is made of can't handle the strain anymore (pressure decreases with altitude). Exact altitude will depend on how strong the rubber is that the balloon is made of. Weak balloons will pop lower down, while strong balloons can rise very high. Atmospheric temperature will also affect maximum height. However, due to winds, some balloons can be pushed hundreds of miles to land nowhere near from where balloons were released. More impressively, the massive, very technical, and well designed weather balloons used by the National Weather Service are designed to reach a minimum altitude of 100,000 feet. They're built in with a lot of strong but extremely light material that is designed to give the buoyant gases plenty of room to expand. But then again, as you showed with the picture, they were not weather balloons, but your "regular" balloons. Balloons don't stand still, and surely, after balloons being released, air would move them far away from where they were released

By knowing the balloons were released near "Gran Via", we can compare how far Chelsea is:

now wouldn't people see the balloons as they're going up? Also certainly by looking at the size of those balloons they would not be visible after about an hour by using just the eyes. Also they certainly would know they were balloons, as stated before, almost EVERYDAY there are balloons released. Witnesses also described how they formed formations, sometimes moving from one place to the other, going down and up, now correct me if I'm wrong but balloons don't do that. Now, at about 9:30 am is when everything started, and lasted until 4:30 pm... How do balloons stay still, hovering and making formations for about 7 hours? Also, since when do balloons disappear and appear? (Source; The video), also if you believe earthcam, how would you explain the weird glowing objects it recorded yesterday night?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by veryinteresting

Well, this is the thing. Balloons can come in all shape,sizes and colour. It would not suprise me if some skeptics/debunkers done this, just to prove how easy it is to fool people. This has been done a few times before, and if i remember correctly, a hoax fooled the ufo hunters team too.

This is the problem i have with all this. This is footage that can be argued either way. None of the footage are exciting or anything, but some people are saying Stanley A. Fulham's prediction has come true! To me, that totally discredits the subject!

Also, if this was the grand reveiling, why is no one hearing about it? Its not because of the media hiding it, its because all the footage is not great at all, and not definate. Its a complete joke that people are taking this seriously, but i bet they are the people who believe pretty much anything in the subject

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
here is a super active feed

So guess you are right.

link   

Are you saying that the "yellow orbs" are not the yellow balloons?

link   

why do you keep posting that post, weve explained it over and over, balloons daytime, and planes night time!.

oh dear

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I studied the footage for awhile, from many different angles, now people do not change, their are some people out in the World who see things differently then others, that's fine, lotsa people on the thread see UFO's not balloons or anything that looks familiar to them. Thats cool, if anything this story is strange, very strange. I am not sure exactly what happened in NYC yesterday but people saw something, many of them said they were balloons others saw something different, ironically their is no investigation on the event, no further info coming from a reliable source and no proof from where the Balloons may have appeared from. So until then I think this thread will just be troll bait here ats, and quite frankly allot of the reply's are stacking up to make people look a lil ignorant about how they are dealing with it. I am all for joking around and having a sense of humor about the whole thing because thats really all we can do. THEIR IS no facts, no proof of what this event was. Just a story about balloons being released somewhere else in NYC, yet the story makes the news.. Wouldn't the news agency be able to debunk the balloon story or support it with its tentacles of information throughout the city? If anything this maybe a stunt of some kind, for what I dunno.. Perhaps to create confusion and hysteria.

As far as the night siting on the webcam, I am 99.9 percent sure that was typical air traffic in a major city. Perhaps this stunt is to instill some kind of paranoia to discredit the information that could come forth in the UFO community that could be compelling to changing the truth..

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join