It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Rich, excuse me for not seeing that earlier, I admit I made a mistake on the silver balloons! Thanks for clearing that particular one!

Cheers!
edit on 14-10-2010 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ch1n1t0

I'm getting sick and tired of people claiming every bad picture of something in the air is a UFO, that is all.

Thank you for totally ignoring my question too....

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I believe it could have been some type of test to see how fast information would be spread to monitor possible scenarios if a true ufo of et origins was to show up in a well populated area

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Reposting

www.youtube.com...

Oct. 13th Disclosure Qinling Mountain Village Vanishes (China)
edit on 14-10-2010 by observe50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Is it possible balloons were released on the same day there was a mass sighting of "other" objects in a city of millions?

Nahhhh, thats too far fetched.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 0ne10

OK, you're really missing the point here - yes, these sure look like balloons, and yes, this photo was not taken yesterday and there's proof as Rich provided. Also, I'm not saying these are not balloons. I said these are not the yellow ones that Rich was referring to, but that was when I wasn't aware these pics were old. Now get my message? I repeat, stop putting words in other people's mouths, especially when not reading what they actually state, it just shows how 'mature' you are. But who am I to judge, I'm not here to fight with people, I'm here to exchange opinions. Obviously, you're here aiming at fighting, so from now on, please do ignore anything I write.

And btw, I assure you I'm not mad, but more like sad about people pointing at every light in the sky, desperately clinging it would be a UFO and it will change their boring life. Although the fact there are so many people looking up the sky is good I think.
edit on 14-10-2010 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0ne10
reply to post by ch1n1t0

I'm getting sick and tired of people claiming every bad picture of something in the air is a UFO, that is all.

Thank you for totally ignoring my question too....

Well technically until its identified its.....Wait for it.. A UFO!
Thus the name Unidentified Flying Object.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

????... was this on the news?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Warhacks

I was thinking the exact same thing and saw your post a minute later.
Im sure someone even has a grant from the gov to do it

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
So these things might or might not be balloons. As no one got a clear enough picture to deny either claim, we cannot be sure, but the best thing is to just keep eyes open for any other news.

All those who are plainly negating and not adding to the speculation are simply adding to the number of posts, adding to the popularity, and ensuring that the thread stays on top news longer. If you would stop fueling the fire, it might die out, especially nothing. But, I guess some people just like the attention, eh? Either that or putting people down with no proof, merely opinion and pretentiousness.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
In an effort to prove a point I recently made the mistake of referancing ATS during a discussion with friends. I was trying to illustrate a point, and have done this in the past with great success.

The following day the ridicule thrown at me was pretty sad.

The thing of it was that I did prove a point and illuminate an area of thought for someone by using ATS as a point of referance. The problem was that they also looked at some of the other nuggets of wisdom thrown about on these threads and concluded I get most of my insight from grade school students with a petty poor grasp of the english language.

ATS is a great site with great contributors, but its begining to feel more like a social networking forum rather than the site of exploration and knowledge it used to be.

For those that are still inquiring into the world around them, I highly recommend

" Extaordinary popular delusions & the madness of the crowds" By Charles Mackay published by Random House from the first edition dated 1841.

Its not as glamorous as Scully and Mullder, but the Truth is in there.
edit on 14-10-2010 by Seeker PI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DaWhiz

here is the video:

a link to the thread and page it was discussed on : www.abovetopsecret.com...

now i have provided plenty and gone and found things myself, can somebody now provide me with some evidence of all these far out claims please because i have seen nothing whatsoever that is out of the ordinary...

and that wasn't directed at you dawhiz,

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

Those clusters of yellow balloons do not look anything like what people are describing. I think people know what balloons look like and New Yorkers would not stop to stare at them in the sky for hours. How would a bunch a balloons be able to remain stationary in the same position in the sky for 1 hour or more? People witnessed these objects hovering in place for up to an hour then change position and hover in another spot. Can balloons do that?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Now how do you suppose people identify it?

You look at it with your eyes and compare it with something else right?

Or do you think every single thing in the sky is a UFO until you fly up to it and look at under a microscope to confirm it?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
My most recent thoughts - I continue seeing more and more evidence that this actually could've been mass hysteria. What I'm curious about is if that was just incidental or was it a pretty well thought plan, with the NORAD guy, and those balloons happening over NY, and so many other 'coincidences' from the last 24 or more hours. Still not saying anything for sure, just bouncing ideas. Also, I still don't exclude the possibility that this is something out of the ordinary.

Anyway, I'll drop by tomorrow to see if there has been any updates from tonight.

link   
reply to post by ch1n1t0

What are you talking about, I didn't put any words in your mouth. Stop talking b.s.

I asked you simple questions that you failed to answer, and made simple statements after that. That is all.

link   
72 PAGES!! ARE U KIDDING ME???

I live in NYC and sporadically come to this site to pick up the strange going ons around the globe and yesterday was one of those days to look through some ATS stuff - amazingly all this was going on in chelsea while I was doing this. In fact I was telling my roomate all about that tv show about Boys Town that the "higher ups" kept off the air back in 1994 and some 9-11 stuff and I think the UFO in china - and all the while everyone was in chelsea.

So this morning my roomate says -"did you hear about the ufo on the west side" so I checked it out ,NEVER THINKING TO HIT UP ATS BECAUSE THERE'S TOO MANY DEBUNKERS HERE AND THEY WILL SEE THIS AS A HOAX RIGHT AWAY. In fact I didnt even think there would be a topic here, but there really wasnt much in the way of news on it so I said to my roomate I think Ill check ATS "just in case" WELL TO MY SUPRISE THERE WAS A TOPIC AND IT WAS UNDER THE "HOTTEST" TOPIC. I was really suprised - well it couldnt be too many pages, right?? WRONG - BOY WAS I EVER WRONG!! I kept trudging thru page after page after page thinking Im near the end. My god, after some 45 pages I gave up - hit the "end" button and I see 72!!! ARE YOU KIDDING - im hardly over halfway thru -- WTF?!!!

Way back on page 9 or something someone claimed to see the "balloons" from his 28th floor window. No one really seemed to believe him - he got disgusted and left the site. Ive seen tons of ufo stuff as we all have - I've felt contact from beings so dont think I dont believe this stuff -but my first impressions of this was a hoax - and I was just trying to get to the page where it was defined as a hoax.

Im really not sure what to think now. It sounds like there were definitlely balloons in flight - but that doesnt mean thats what people saw. Plus small balloons dont gather like that 5000 feet in the sky. I immediately thought it was a huge balloon released in a field somewhere say in NJ as a hoax on the BIG oct 13th D-Day when all the ufos were coming for us. Now there's a report about a weather balloon that escaped from virginia or something and floated up past maryland all the way to the big apple.

Im not even sure wtf to think now. It doesnt look nearly as authentic as many other videos which, but what's with these 72 pages . Is it because its new york ??? Im more amazed and shocked by these 72 pages than I would ever be if an andromedan came to me in person for once instead of just working from a "wave" level to communicate with me.

I will say this - my intuition has always been strong and I do all the meditation, tai chi, etc (though been slacking for the last year or so) and I have been very uneasy at night this week. Something is up and I cant put my finger on it. I still say this was probably a hoax - but the 72 pages is the thing - something IS up

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 0ne10

ok then, have a nice life

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The only thing I have heard on the news is Bill Nye and what a joke he lives in Cal. and is telling the New Yorkers it was Mylar balloons when he checked with FAA he said they didn't know what it was lol so.... "who ya gonna believe"

Today isn't good to watch the skies the clouds are dark looks like bad weather on the way

I went out today in my area to have a look around I am in PA I haven't seen anything here so far

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

When balloons are hundreds of feet in the air, it's very hard to instantly say they are balloons. People don't have eagle eyes...

If I had a dollar every time I saw a sphere object and thought it was a UFO, only to run inside to get my binoculars, and then run outside to see with better clarity that it was a balloon with a string hanging down... I would be rich.

Not everyone has good eyes... they will just see dots in the sky. I have done that many times.

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join