It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

read your profile, looks like your location is on a cloud, please get off the cloud and research what balloons do when released… seriously stop embarrassing yourself

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

what happened was a bit of allsorts, again i explained it but got totally ignored....

it started with balloons, then 4chan members started twittering and blogging that the balloons were ufos which spread like wildfire so then people went out looking to see these ufos with preconceived ideas and started seeing what they wanted to, then when it got dark people with preconceived ideas started misiidentifying planes as ufos especially on earth cam and stuff.

also people had re named and re posted lots of old and/or fake ufo videos to make it look like they were all over the world yesterday, 4chan was probably responsible for that too.

also a digital artist and filmmaker called jason diamond created and posted a fake picture to make matters worse...

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
OK, just something for you debunkers to keep your heads busy with - how exactly do these yellow ballons resemble this here - files.abovetopsecret.com... ... and just wondering, what would it take you to experience to know for sure that SOMETHING different from everyday drama is happening? And I'm not standing by a certain theory regarding what's happening right now, because I don't have solid proof for either scenario - this turning out to be mass hysteria, or if it was true and these were ETs (or the govmnt). Not that anyone has something solid anyway... However, do think about how stupid you would feel if one day ETs come to the rescue (i'm being ironic to a certain degree) and they don't take you cos you're simply too busy debunking videos and photos of what's just outside your window..

One thing I can be sure of is those were not balloons, but I don't have any solid proof they were ET as well. And actually I don't need anything to be proven for me because I know they exist and also that we've been in contact, from first hand experience. Unfortunately, for your sakes, I can't provide conclusive photo or video evidence (not good enough at least) of anything from the mentioned experience, but it's not something I'm necessarily dying about everyone would accept as true. I'm just simply curious on how this will continue from now on. Also, being quite curious about how desperate sometimes both sides of the coin are - both debunkers and UFO fanatics.

Interesting times, indeed.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND

Originally posted by FuturePeace
its crazy that people who were there have posted here and keep saying what they saw weren't balloons.

and there were also MANY people that was there that say they was balloons including a few of our members that got totally ignored because it didn't fit peoples need to believe...

thanks

rich

Rich you're really becoming a pest. We all KNOW how you feel on this matter. Can you please try to contribute something of value?
Based on what you said though, let me rebuttal with this.

People make mistakes. Especially if the mistake is passed around like the 100th Monkey Syndrome.

I am not saying these were not balloons, but your simpleton way of thinking isn't helping matters at all. Again, I am neutral in this whole matter as EVERYONE ought to be. But seeing you have a strong option and have stated it over 60-something pages, do you think you can control yourself for maybe...let's say, the next 10 pages??
I personally am not having a good time rifling through all these pages just to find you on every single one of them, spewing the same thing which is basically 'we're all imbeciles for thinking balloons were crafts'.
Okay. We get it!

It's really not fair to the reader to have you debut on every page. If you need/want all this attention, I suggest you open your own thread and I for one, will come check it out.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocks123

read your profile, looks like your location is on a cloud, please get off the cloud and research what balloons do when released… seriously stop embarrassing yourself

why dont you stop whining, get off your lazy ass and do a bit of research yourself, and if i was embarrassing myself then why did i just receive applause for my contribution ?

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaWhiz

My only problem with this, Mr. Human_Alien (btw, hi), is that someone would have had to have seen this kite if it were an LED kite and though it may be mistaken for a UFO at night, how it it going to be mistaken during the day?
I don't know what's going on, but my analogy of the Jaws Movie documentary stands. Seems to me people are going all out for some reason.
Question is: What the heck could that reason be?
What a world, what a world!

How many cities witnessed UFO's yesterday?

And, has anyone considered this may have been an organized event?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

stop sulking just because i dont agree with you...

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

also people had re named and re posted lots of old and/or fake ufo videos to make it look like they were all over the world yesterday, 4chan was probably responsible for that too.

also a digital artist and filmmaker called jason diamond created and posted a fake picture to make matters worse...

I see.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ch1n1t0

those pictures are absolutely nothing to do with yesterday which is why they do not resemble balloons...

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
thanks for that video hunka i think thi disproves the baloon theory unless some one can post a video of a baloon remaining static for so long. also there we several "madrid" baloons why we the rest not seen?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I'm with you Hunka
But the M2C remains that there seems to be info/disinfo going on here in this event itself and I'm still saying staged event. I'm not saying its not entirely possible that a UFO or two showed up but.....
1) the balloon release in Time Square to support tourism to Spain could have 'sparked' the tweets by someone less than generous of the UFO movement. Or deliberate to get viewers on the streets to sway them. (props to a lady who has Elvira's halloween image/sorry forgot your sn).
2) Then there is these that did maneuvers (v formations/night view showed rapid into and out of frame movement) which could be construed as ariel remote controlled vehicles.
3) The Jupiter Wedgers - Lets say its Jupiter because its bright at night!
3) There is never a good camera around when you really need it! (Hey, guilty. My stuff weights too much to tote everywhere let alone keeping it charged. Paying customers only and UFO's don't pay - sorry)
We need to stop the its all my point of view or nothing arguments here and look at what's going on before we get blindsided by something else!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by KIZZZY

tell me i didnt just read you pating your own back again disinfo agent are you hi?H ???????

wow you really think you are a contender in world affairs your / we are just not that cool

no one fear s our great conspiracys and any real player thinks of this type of forum as little more then camp fire ghost stories just entertainment ............

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaWhiz

My only problem with this, Mr. Human_Alien (btw, hi), is that someone would have had to have seen this kite if it were an LED kite and though it may be mistaken for a UFO at night, how it it going to be mistaken during the day?
I don't know what's going on, but my analogy of the Jaws Movie documentary stands. Seems to me people are going all out for some reason.
Question is: What the heck could that reason be?
What a world, what a world!

I agree and that was my conundrum with the 'balloons'. I would think someone somewhere saw somebody releasing hundreds of balloons at some point. Even if from a rooftop far above the masses walking around.
Manhattan is filled with millions of people especially at 6PM!
Grant it, not every one is that bright and most don't look up but to release hundreds of balloons surely would've caught someones attention.

Now, the other problem is, how did hundreds of balloons not blow away? I understand basic science. A balloon reaches it's highest level then....hangs around for awhile until it catches a tail wind. But what? No wind either yesterday over NYC rendering some of these balloons, stuck............ for hours?

Seems Manhattan is turning into a very magical place....often defying logic and physics which started on 9-11-01.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

OK, if we consider that to be true, then how can you explain the movement of the balloons in the sky? I'm not claiming anything 100% as I wasn't there and can't be sure (as well as you wasn't) but from my point of view (and I repeat, I don't feel a desparate need to believe in this as most people do) balloons don't fly like that. There would definately be more randomness in the way they were positioned in the sky, also some were stated not to be moving for more than 45 minutes. Also the picture taken from a skyscraper on sunset is interesting, as the sighting began some time before sunset, and yet, those 'balloons' were still quite well organised.

And also, you need to put arguements behind your words, I didn't see anywhere from the beginning of the thread that you debunk this photo and now you suddenly state it not to be connected to today's events (if I'm wrong, do provide me with where and how you reached that conclusion regarding this photo). I think you're just as bad as the UFO fanatics, just my humble opinion though.
edit on 14-10-2010 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

This forum is not about personal attacks. Try reading the T&C

regards,
Kizzzy

link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND
why dont you stop whining, get off your lazy ass and do a bit of research yourself

That type of behavior may be the norm in the UK these days, but it doesn't fly on here - ad hominem insults are a big no-no.

On other news - 69 pages of heated debate about a sighting of green balloons, seriously guys, come on get a grip

link   
I've been stalking this thread since it first opened yesterday and I haven't posted anything because I wanted to see all evidence before I commented. This is a breakdown of what I've seen.

Daytime sightings:

Images/videos of "mass fleet of UFOs"? Or just a mass fleet of yellow balloons.

The one thing that I cannot explain about the daytime sightings is the appearance of them ALL OVER THE WORLD above different large cities. (Just as "predicted" by the old guys...you know the ones I'm talkin about
)

The daytime video shown earlier also confused me a bit as it looked nothing like the other UFOs seen on this day. I'm talking about the one from a local news station in Chelsea, New York. Would someone else like to explain that one?

Nighttime sightings:

Bunches of UFOs flying over Manhattan and suddenly stopping at 11:30 PM?

Or heavy plane traffic from the three major airports nearby that suddenly stops because of a "gas leak"? Remember, the Earthcam only works in frames, so it would be understandable to see lights blinking off the picture at erratic times/rates. The lights seem to be moving quicker than they really are.

Then again, there is this "radar anomaly"

(whereby only NOAA actually senses this mass over the east coast, while every other east coast radar shows pretty clear skies) which was quite like the radar anomaly predicted here, about a month ago, to happen on October 13, 2010.

I would like to point out that personally I believe the nighttime sightings were just planes and the bright light was just Jupiter. MOST (not all) of the daytime sightings were probably those yellow balloons. What really made this a day for pointing out UFOs though, was the hype brought on by the NORAD officer who was shown on national television. Many people were expecting something to happen today, thus setting the atmosphere for UFO watch.

Either way, these are the points that need to be discussed in order to keep this a civil discussion instead of much wild speculation and rude skepticism.
edit on 14-10-2010 by prepared4truth because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2010 by prepared4truth because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2010 by prepared4truth because: clarify and fix video links

edit on 14-10-2010 by prepared4truth because: minor mistake

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Yep... and we still don't know what time the balloons were released in time square and as you said, how did they stay for so long (into the night) and how were they seen lighted up after dark?

link   
reply to post by KIZZZY

easy cop out!
you can do better its also not about supporting ignorance .

right?

link   

Oh boy… I seriously try not to waste my time on someone like you… but wanted to mention that the tone of your reply speaks for who you are…. Name calling is very mature…

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join