It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Look it's a bird. It's a plane. No it's just another pile of poodu. Just think it was on Twitter first. So how many reputable adults are on twitter 100% of they day. It would be one thing if it leaked out onto You Tube first with some grainy video and the likes but if fell on twitter first I mean come on people grab your iphone and get some video don't just jump on twitter and jabber like a little monkey. Ya the photos really helped with there obvious lack of reference and blurred image. Not to mention that at this point that is all we got for intell.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal
reply to post by tonypazzo

Got an image in my head of you shoving your way through the crowds shouting "weve got a situation here people, get out of my way" Cant stop laughing.

Classic!

kind of reminds me of that film "stand by me" when they keep singing "i ran all the way home" to the fat kid every time he tries to tell his story.

thanks

rich

link   
www.flickr.com...

Pictures?

link   
If this was to happen......

Why on Earth would anyone think that it would happen in the daytime?

I imagine that UFO's would have a much nicer, (and maybe even calmer) effect if they appeared when the sky was dark(er), and the pretty lights would have a more profound effect.

If people just see a bunch of lights in the sky,
I believe they would take it easier than they would in the daytime where you could see every detail of the craft(s).

Still,
not holding my breath. lol

and remember , The dude said "it might not happen on the 13th".
and if not, then not long after. (before the year is up). lol

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzo
ugh.. just ran home 5 blocks to my apartment in brooklyn. went to the roof (8th floor) where i can see all of manhattan. and there is nothing. no helicopters. no ufos. nothing but the planes taking off and landing at laguardia. i feel like such a jerk for running home like a lunatic.

That's too funny. I ran about 30 feet to my TV, turned it on, and then turned it off.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
OUTTA THE WAY PEOPLE, COMING THROUGH.. MAKE WAY .. ATS MEMBER HERE ON OFFICIAL BUSINESS! ... WTF!? Balloons!! .. FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUU!

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Two thoughts: 1.) Are sophisticated, or cynical, New Yorkers likely to get this excited about balloons? 2.) If the objects are quite low they may not be visible throughout the city. Lots of tall buildings to block the view. Did the fellow with the Oct. 13 prediction actually say the objects would be huge, or very high up? Ross

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by xiphias

Originally posted by tonypazzo
ugh.. just ran home 5 blocks to my apartment in brooklyn. went to the roof (8th floor) where i can see all of manhattan. and there is nothing. no helicopters. no ufos. nothing but the planes taking off and landing at laguardia. i feel like such a jerk for running home like a lunatic.

That's too funny. I ran about 30 feet to my TV, turned it on, and then turned it off.

any excuse to temporarily leave work, no matter how absurd, is always welcome by me.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ross 54
Two thoughts: 1.) Are sophisticated, or cynical, New Yorkers likely to get this excited about balloons? 2.) If the objects are quite low they may not be visible throughout the city. Lots of tall buildings to block the view. Did the fellow with the Oct. 13 prediction actually say the objects would be huge, or very high up? Ross

you keep it up, i admire your optimism.... dont let the obvious balloon pictures put you off!.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
ARRRGGG!!! Went to that link on this thread for the NY Chat and it was a bunch of very sick and derranged perverts!!! That was wrong!!! I am half blind right now after the eye dr, and am going to go do a malaware check after that ugly link, shame on whoever posted it!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I didn't read the whole thread, but my wild guess is that UFO is a "trending topic" on Twitter. Twitter is kind of funny- it seems like people will just jump on anything on the trending topics list if they aren't there for a specific reason. This doesn't seem to be based on a news story AFAIK.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Thanks to whoever posted the link to the chatroom in this thread. I got about 2 pieces of information relevant to the subject and about 100 pants on head retarded comments from 14yos posting typical attention-seeking tripe.

link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

Everyone knows Twitter is only for the intelligent, enlightened and informed.. anything trending is certainly of utmost importance to all of mankind .. even if it's Bieber

/sarcasm

link   
reply to post by antar

NEVER click on links of people you don't know are okay. You're lucky your eyes are messed up from the eye doctor. It is possible to want to rip your eyes OUT after one of those links. (it only takes once)

link   
yfrog.com...
Some video just posted

edit on 13-10-2010 by mutantgenius because: wrong link!

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Why all the hoopla?
If it is aliens we will all know soon enough.
No need to get all exited and worked up.
If it is ufo(s) can you do any thing?
(Besides run five blocks hehe)
And if its not can you do anything?
Just chill.

link   
So they are balloons is that the final verdict?

link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

That link doesn't take you anywhere but ATS?

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Just found this video on Twitter, not sure if it was posted already...

yfrog.com...

(edit) Yep. Someone beat me to it. Sorry. =)
edit on 13-10-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

Be nice to see the video and not be linked to the reply button odd as that may sound,,, try again?

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join