Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 109
191
<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by XPLodER
 


XPLodER.....


dont shoot the messenger if you dont like the message


There's no chance of that me ol' mate!


But.....

I still think those are "time lapsed" planes.

I will look at it all again later today......and.....if my internet access speed increases (I'm still enduring problems) it will be easier to do that.

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not


wow thats weird.

I had problems with net speed since last night. I rarely do. About a year ago was last time I had any difficulty. All day today I was gettign like .5 download. On but not on.




posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Reply to post by Maybe...maybe not
 


It is true what you say.... But as someone pointed out earlier... The avereage person would nt even know about this said prediction... Especially new yorkers... Unless you are a conspiracy buff!! So observer bias doesn't not work with someone who didn't even know about the prediction..


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   


Behold........ JUPITAR ....by Jove!

um....gee, there is that alleged tail!

October 1st, 2010 - Astronomy Essentials

Do you see a bright ’star’ in the east or southeast sky after sunset in October 2010? You’re really seeing a planet, Jupiter.


Jupiter is the biggest planet in our solar system, and it’s central to its own system of 63 orbiting moons. October 2010 is one of the best months this year for seeing this giant planet. It’s in the sky at a convenient time for evening viewing – and, since Earth recently passed between Jupiter and the sun, the planet is nearly at its brightest. Many people on Earth will happen to glance eastward this month and notice a bold starlike object. If you were there, you could tell them it’s Jupiter.


Jupiter will be making its closest approach to Earth Monday night since 1951, and for about the next four months the giant planet will be teamed up with a distant relative: Uranus.

Jupiter will officially be nearest to our planet—368 million miles (592 million kilometers) away—when it reaches opposition, the term for when the sun, Earth, and a given planet are lined up in a row.

“Oppositions of the Earth and Jupiter occur roughly every 400 days, due to Earth catching up to Jupiter and lapping it in its race around the sun,” said Raminder Singh Samra, resident astronomer at the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre in Vancouver, British Columbia.

“But because the orbits of the planets are slightly elliptical, the distances between oppositions vary, and so the next time [Earth and Jupiter] are this close won’t be until 2022.”

For the rest of September, Jupiter will be the brightest object in the sky, aside from the moon. The planet will be visible all night long, rising in the east at sunset and setting in the west around sunrise.

On September 22 the full moon will park itself just above Jupiter, making for a striking cosmic duo to the unaided eye. The following night the moon will sit just to Jupiter’s left.

What’s more, with just binoculars, stargazers can already see the much more distant planet Uranus not quite behind Jupiter, visible as a faint bluish orb fewer than two full-moon discs away from the brighter planet.


earthsky.org...





The release of the balloons in Midtown have nothing to do

with the nightly skies!
edit on 16-10-2010 by KIZZZY because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheant143
Reply to post by Maybe...maybe not
 

It is true what you say.... But as someone pointed out earlier... The avereage person would nt even know about this said prediction... Especially new yorkers... Unless you are a conspiracy buff!! So observer bias doesn't not work with someone who didn't even know about the prediction..


Sheant.....


So observer bias doesn't not work with someone who didn't even know about the prediction..


I note my comment extended to "hysteria" causing observer bias, said bias therefore being irrespective of knowledge of the channeled prediction.

One would also have observer bias if one really wanted to see an alien spaceship.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not


edit on 16-10-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Syntax



posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Originally posted by sheant143
Reply to post by Maybe...maybe not
 

It is true what you say.... But as someone pointed out earlier... The avereage person would nt even know about this said prediction... Especially new yorkers... Unless you are a conspiracy buff!! So observer bias doesn't not work with someone who didn't even know about the prediction..


Sheant.....


So observer bias doesn't not work with someone who didn't even know about the prediction..


I note my comment extended to "hysteria" causing observer bias, said bias therefore being irrespective of knowledge of the channeled prediction.

One would also have observer bias if one really wanted to see an alien spaceship.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not


edit on 16-10-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Syntax



I agree with you about the observer bias! If one person in the crowd decries UFO! Then

the others follow suit! And with the Disclosure Project et al...the average person frequents

You Tube and UFO's a-plenty there! We even have the major networks open up shop

on You Tube!

The Yellow Balloons now become UFO's in the day and Jupitar and her moons become UFO's

in the night.

Am I still in Nimrodsville? Pinch me!



posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by KIZZZY
 


KIZZZY.....


Pinch me!


Now there's a thought!


But, you know.....

You're right about observer bias & people wanting to see UFO's.

I mean, I often look into the night sky & wish to myself that something would "happen".

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 16-10-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Spelling



posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by KIZZZY
 


KIZZZY.....


Pinch me!


Now there's a thought!


But, you know.....

You're right about observer bias & people wanting to see UFO's.

I mean, I often look into the night sky & wish to myself that something would "happen".

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 16-10-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Spelling


lol where is Gandolf when ya need him eh? Wizards R Us!

Sure we look up at the sky and wonder and hope we will see a UFO gazing at the

nightly skies. Ahhhh the Cosmos!



posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not
 


i am aware people look to the heavens for many a reason
never stop people from looking skyward
it is almost instinct to look up in wounderous amazement at the universe and think
DID THAT STAR JUST MOVE
lol

xploder



posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by KIZZZY


Behold........ JUPITAR ....by Jove!

um....gee, there is that alleged tail!

October 1st, 2010 - Astronomy Essentials

Do you see a bright ’star’ in the east or southeast sky after sunset in October 2010? You’re really seeing a planet, Jupiter.


Jupiter is the biggest planet in our solar system, and it’s central to its own system of 63 orbiting moons. October 2010 is one of the best months this year for seeing this giant planet. It’s in the sky at a convenient time for evening viewing – and, since Earth recently passed between Jupiter and the sun, the planet is nearly at its brightest. Many people on Earth will happen to glance eastward this month and notice a bold starlike object. If you were there, you could tell them it’s Jupiter.


Jupiter will be making its closest approach to Earth Monday night since 1951, and for about the next four months the giant planet will be teamed up with a distant relative: Uranus.

Jupiter will officially be nearest to our planet—368 million miles (592 million kilometers) away—when it reaches opposition, the term for when the sun, Earth, and a given planet are lined up in a row.

“Oppositions of the Earth and Jupiter occur roughly every 400 days, due to Earth catching up to Jupiter and lapping it in its race around the sun,” said Raminder Singh Samra, resident astronomer at the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre in Vancouver, British Columbia.

“But because the orbits of the planets are slightly elliptical, the distances between oppositions vary, and so the next time [Earth and Jupiter] are this close won’t be until 2022.”

For the rest of September, Jupiter will be the brightest object in the sky, aside from the moon. The planet will be visible all night long, rising in the east at sunset and setting in the west around sunrise.

On September 22 the full moon will park itself just above Jupiter, making for a striking cosmic duo to the unaided eye. The following night the moon will sit just to Jupiter’s left.

What’s more, with just binoculars, stargazers can already see the much more distant planet Uranus not quite behind Jupiter, visible as a faint bluish orb fewer than two full-moon discs away from the brighter planet.


earthsky.org...


The release of the balloons in Midtown have nothing to do

with the nightly skies!
edit on 16-10-2010 by KIZZZY because: (no reason given)


that isn't Jupiter
This is Jupiter

personally the bright star we have been seeing isn't Jupiter its alot brighter.
edit on 16-10-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter
 

duh.....click on the link I provided and put your curser over it.
Jupiter moons put out by Nabarun Sadhya blah blah

um..there is also a Jupiter conjunct Uranus going on as well!


Here is a link for the planet Jupiter and you can use the +hour to move

her moons.

www.skyandtelescope.com...#




edit on 16-10-2010 by KIZZZY because: facelift



posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by maluminse
To whoever said 'case closed' and ruled out all eye witness testimony you have made your finding not on anything a judge would. A judge would listen to eye witness testimony very closely. We have seen video tape of eye witnesses and heard in real time description of what is happening. This tape is admissible in court. Its called a presence sense impression.


Yeah the judge would listen to the eyewitnesses that said "it is just balloons". Then weigh in the rest of the evidence of balloons being released that day, and the fact they match in color and size, and look like balloons in video and images.


Originally posted by maluminse
But there are weak minded who resist accepting facts even in the face of over whelming evidence and that is the way of our world. I hope it doesnt hinder the lot of us.


Oh the irony.
edit on 16-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enter Ruin

Originally posted by KIZZZY

Originally posted by triplescorpio
reply to post by KIZZZY
 


thats why i said if i was wrong bad on me there toooo much crapola here to read all of it id off myself if i did

anywho bad on me


I got through 100+ pages so I don't see why you couldn't. The fact that you could not or would not

is your problem not mine. Your "bad on me" is not an apology in my eyes, but don't worry, I'll get

over it!
edit on 15-10-2010 by KIZZZY because: facelift


wow, the way some people behave here mirrors that of 4chan, which is filled with mostly hormoned teenagers that have nothing else to do that to put people down in order to make themselves feel better.
This thread got ruined the moment "these" kind of people came, and critical-thinkers left.


Thank you for saying this. All rational discussion and investigation went out the window once they descended upon this thread to counter any sort of discussion in the direction of the possibility that these were ufo's. Now it's been accusations against 4chan, without any proof at all. Disinfo is out in full force to break up any intelligent, peaceful conversation.



posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
DAY-TIME SIGHTINGS OF BALLOONS





On 10/13/2010 the intelligence of several New York City residents was tested. They had a multiple choice question of what they were looking at in the sky. They were yellow, floating, flying slowly in groups, and bunched together. What could they be? A: Balloons. B: Secret Government Aircraft(s). C: Aliens from another planet. D: Remote controlled toys. E: Flying angels or demons. or F: A new type of flying species.

Sadly, many chose B or C. The correct answer? A, of course.



"New York City Deputy Mayor Robert Steel welcomed Madrid officials in the heart of Times Square on Wednesday to mark the centennial of Madrid's Gran Via.

A street sign inscribed "Gran Via" was unveiled after the signing ceremony, and Broadway was symbolically renamed after the Madrid avenue for a day. The event concluded with the world premiere of Madrid's newest promotional video on Times Square's Toshiba Vision giant screen AND THE RELEASE OF BALLOONS IN THE MIDTOWN SKY."

Really New Yorkers, do you not know what is going on in the middle of your own town/city?

Because of a "prediction" from an ex-NORAD employee that UFOs would show themselves above major cities, conspiracy theorists and UFO hunters were searching for anything they could find that may support this "prediction". Of course, this just may have sparked the entire misidentification of these balloons.

People on the internet have been arguing back and forth, and some die-hards even claimed "they look nothing like balloons". I really don't understand how colored floating spheres don't look like balloons... Some people insist these are "UFOs" and will not listen to anyone who disagrees. Some have even begun to spread misinformation that these are in fact "UFOs" (suggesting they are alien)... They can magically identify them as alien, yet they still call them unidentified flying objects..lol.

Anyway.. pictures of these balloons were found on the ground before they were released on the day they were spotted, and that is that.


www.theepochtimes.com...


NIGHT-TIME SIGHTING OF THE PLANET JUPITER IS ABOVE ^^^^^^^


So yeah....let's beat this horse a little more







posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Juston
 


El Paso Tx. 10-15-10 we just saw the same exact thing..... better video. www.ktsm.com...



posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by KIZZZY
 


El paso TX. 10-15-10 www.ktsm.com...



posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by spyder4728
 


www.amigoairsho.org...

Got to love when jets practice aerobatics at night right before the major air show.... Those trails that you see in the video are smoke trails being illuminated by the afterburners on the jets. When they turn the smoke off, all you see is the afterburner. When they turn the afterburner off, they magically "disappear".

You also got to love how they hide the sound! You would have heard the jets.

You also got to love their blatant misinformation... "appear to hover".
Yes, it does appear to hover when you watch a video of the black dark sky and you have no reference point of how fast they are moving. They were not hovering, they were moving away from the camera.

Imagine seeing something like this at night, but with 3 jets.


I cant believe they compared that to the balloons in New York! And they called the balloons "lights".


Also... any and all 3 points make a triangle... commenting about them both being triangles is just dumb!

What is going on here? Seems like some group is pushing fake UFO sightings..
edit on 16-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by spyder4728
 


Please, find that video with sound.

I bet you will hear jets.

I think it is the Thunderbirds practicing for tomorrows air show.
edit on 16-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by spyder4728
 


You are comparing yellow balloons to the El Paso lights...um ok...lol

And the New York sky "clearly" filmed the color YELLOW!

Give it a break....



posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by spyder4728
 


The comparison with the new york sighting was pretty interesting. I remain skeptical but open minded



posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by spyder4728
 


Just so you know, I e-mailed the USAF Thunderbirds to ask if they, or any other team, were practicing at night on Oct. 15th before their Oct. 16th show.

thunderbirds.airforce.com...

It says to allow up to 20 days for a reply... so.. don't hold your breath.





top topics
 
191
<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

log in

join