It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 108
<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect
reply to post by XPLodER

I'm going with the moon

Everything else are either planes flying into and/or out of LGA, or helicopters.

The airspace over Manhattan is very busy at almost anytime during the day or night

It should be very easy to verify what direction the moon appeared in the sky over NYC on 10-13.

The debunkers want us to accept their explanation that these unusual light patterns were simply jets. They want us to forget about this before the next clear night because when nothing happens they will have no explanation.
edit on 15-10-2010 by obzerv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxMulder91
reply to post by 0ne10

But what if people truly believe some of them are not planes?

Then they are straight out ignoring the FACTS to continue their belief.

Many are denying facts, and supporting lies, going around telling people they are alien space ships... they have become hoaxers.

If your not a hoaxer then don't take it personal.

Originally posted by FoxMulder91
Personally I wouldnt call them hoaxers because they are not trying to trick anyone.
They are just expressing their personal beliefs.

They are hoaxers when they ignore facts and truth to push their stupid agenda.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by obzerv

THERE IS ALREADY VIDEO OF JETS FROM THE SAME LOCATION AND VIEW!

It is already confirmed to be jets!

Now the "believers" want use to ridiculously believe that the biggest UFO event of the world happened on 10/13 over Manhattan so they ignore FACTS. This is a freaking JOKE!
edit on 15-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 0ne10

Hopefully that will be the TKO post...This thread should of been done long time ago.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Ok thanks for attempting to bring me up to speed. My head is about explode trying to go back and catch up

I watched more of the night time footage than I did the day time stuff. I am not sold on balloons being the source of the day time sighting, although I will admit it is within the realm of possibility. I do have a tough time thinking that hundreds of people in NYC would stop dead in their tracks to stare at balloons. I grew up in Philadelphia, used to take trips to NY all the time as I was growing up. I can honestly tell you that city does not stop for nothing. A car can be burning up on the sidewalk, people would walk around maybe make a comment about it, but they would keep on going about their business. It is very tough for me to imagine everyone stopped to stare at balloons.

As far as the night time footage we watched on cam. AT first I was dead set against planes. It didnt make sense to me, but part of keeping an open mind is not only being open to the possibility of UFO's and the unknown, but also being open to the possibility that it is nothing at all. So in watching the footage I started imagining if it WAS a plane. If it was, what would it do?

I can honestly say some of what we saw WAS planes. If a plane were to take off at night, they do have "headlights" of sorts. So if a plane takes off and turns toward you, the light would get brighter, if it turned away from you it would "disappear". Knowing from my numerous travels and flights, I know for a fact that planes take off and turn. I can not think of any flight I have ever taken where a plane takes off and continues on the exact same path, eventually they all turn and continue to climb. So I can admit some of what I saw I do believe to be planes.... some of the others however I do not think can be explained away so easily. I recall one of those lights literally going straight up. Planes can not do that.

I have also been on planes that were "stacked" and waiting to land. Some of what I saw can be explained by stacking, some of it can not be explained by stacking. Multiple planes at the same alt? It doesnt happen that way.

I can understand saying that since Col. Whatshisname said it would happen that people were expecting it and therefor saw something and wanted to believe it was UFO's and so it is, but I do not think the majority of people even knew of this prediction. I am sure if you were to walk down the street and take a poll, the majority would have no idea what your talking about. How can you explain those? Mass hysteria?
'

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

This is the TKO post...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0ne10
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

This is the TKO post...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

TKO? Maybe for the night time lights seen in the earth cam, but not the balloon theory... totally different subject... that is not what the OP is about, its about what was seen during the day.

It just so happened that people were still watching the skies that night and decided to add that to the thread. It should be in it's own thread at this point, this discussion is still to identify the objects seen during the day from approximately 9AM-4:30PM that have already been defined by enough witnesses as not being balloons.

~Namaste

edit on 15-10-2010 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: clarity

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
It just so happened that people were still watching the skies that night and decided to add that to the thread. It should be in it's own thread at this point, this discussion is still to identify the objects seen during the day from approximately 9AM-4:30PM that have already been defined by enough witnesses as not being balloons.

~Namaste

Sorry, but witnesses can not be trusted unless they are under oath in the court of law. Even then, you can not prove that what the witnesses saw was actually what happened.

This means you have to resort to images and video evidence... which we do indeed have. According to the images and video evidence, the "UFOs" fit the description of two events that happened on 10/13/2010.

Event 1: Yellow balloons were released during a celebration in Midtown New York. We have images of the balloons, and they match the color and shape of the images and video of the "UFOs".

www.youtube.com...

Event 2: A dozen silver/pearl balloons were accidentally released into the sky before a wedding engagement celebration on 10/13. Images of the balloons match images of another "UFO" that was spotted on 10/13.

www.youtube.com...

These events alone outweigh ALL word-of-mouth witness testimony. Even then, many word-of-mouth witnesses claim the objects were just balloons, so the evidence is stacked heavy against anyone claiming they are not balloons.

A judge would rule in favor of them being balloons based on this overwhelming evidence.

Case Closed
edit on 15-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 0ne10

Unless the laws of physics have changed, this case is not closed.

I've provided scientific studies that show the probability of what people saw for HOURS is not balloons. You choose to ignore the data and present your videos as absolute proof of nothing except the planes that were seen at night. There is no doubt that balloons were released, but that is not what PICTURES and VIDEOS have shown. There are two distinctly different sets of pictures and videos being shown all over the place, but one set is not balloons. Not to mention that ANYONE can take any picture or video and post it on youtube, so your "evidence" is far from actual scientific proof.

Please show PROOF that all of the meteorological and atmospheric conditions were at work between 9am-4pm to keep the balloons suspended at exactly the same field of view without popping or flying too far to see? Better yet, please tell me how you would be able to see an 11" balloon at 15,000 feet? Please.

The only thing that is closed is your mind and perhaps your eyes and ears. Maybe you'll close something else and stop pushing misinformation.

~Namaste
edit on 15-10-2010 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: clarity

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 0ne10

My god, people need too keep up with what we already discovered.
The "Silver Baloons" from the party is a coverup. The picture the kids were pointing too and identifying, saying "Yeah, that's it exactly" is a picture a digital artist rendered and twitted on the 9th, not the thirteenth. He deleted his old post and claimed it was new due to the events occurring on the 13th.

Which means the kids were lying. Which means someone told them too lie.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
A simple question still remains...

IF IT WAS NOT BALLOONS, WHAT ELSE COULD IT HAVE BEEN???

Something better than balloons, or birds.... I'm not convinced it was aliens, but am convinced it is still unidentified objects that were in the sky, so that would make them flying. So I'm still interested in hearing what other possibilities it could be.

~Namaste

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

reply to post by 0ne10

Unless the laws of physics have changed, this case is not closed.

Please list all the laws of physics that you claim were broken. Then provide evidence (images and video) that these laws were broken.

Please show PROOF that all of the meteorological and atmospheric conditions were at work between 9am-4pm to keep the balloons suspended at exactly the same field of view without popping or flying too far to see?

Please show PROOF that the balloons were suspended at exactly the same field of view, didn't pop, and didn't fly too far to see.

Better yet, please tell me how you would be able to see an 11" balloon at 15,000 feet? Please.

Please prove that the balloons were at 15,000 feet.

The only thing that is closed is your mind and perhaps your eyes and ears. Maybe you'll close something else and stop pushing misinformation.
~Namaste

The only one pushing misinformation is you... you actually think space ships were flying in mass above new york.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

SonOfTheLawOfOne.....

I'm not convinced it was aliens, but am convinced it is still unidentified objects that were in the sky

Hmmm......

Trying to "soften" our position are we.....?

Trying to make a little "wriggle room".....?

That's wise.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Do any of you know how to steer a hot air balloon? You don't.... you let the wind take you.

www.hotairballooning.com...

The short answer is that you don't!

However, it isn't as uncontrolled as that might seem.

The pilot gets full aviation weather reports various sources, which may include governmet or private services. Prior to flight the pilot releases small helium balloons to see the wind direction and speed. Often there are layers of wind that are going in different directions or moving at different speeds.

After anaylizing the weather reports and the actual conditions observed, the pilot will make a decision to fly or not, as well as selecting a launch site appropriate for that flight. since the balloon floats with the wind, the pliot knows which direction the balloon will travel so the launch site is selected which will allow the balloon to fly into an area with appropriate landing sites.

Once airborne, the pilot can move the balloon up and down to utilize the varying directions of wind to change course. Some days the change in direction is quite significant, while at other times there may be little or no change in direction at any altitude. All these factors are taken into account when the pilot determines if the flight will take place or not.

There are even days when there may not be enough wind movement above the earth to fly at all. If there is little or no wind, or if the wind direction is constantly changing, the pilot may decide it isn't safe to fly. If the balloon just sits overhead with little movement, it may be very difficult for the pilot to find a suitable landing spot.

If the wind is constantly changing... the balloons will stay in the same area. If there is little to no wind, the balloons will stay in the same area. So that argument is busted.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Do any of you know why helium balloons deflate faster than normal air balloons?

Because helium atoms are so small, they leak through the pores of rubber, and sometimes metal films.

www.howstuffworks.com...

I highly suggest you read this too:

Balloons don't always pop at high altitude. Most of the time they end up loosing their air and falling back to Earth.

www.madsci.org...

The argument that they would have popped is busted now..

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Well all i can say is that i am witness to these sightings. I saw those "balloons" let me tell you something, what was in the sky were not balloons, those things are not from this earth. It doesn't matter what they say but i saw what i saw.....

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
yea i went back threw all the msm vids and witnesses accounts and everything on here has been turned around facing it self on ats haha
and what do we say, DENIAL 100%

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zyzzz
Well all i can say is that i am witness to these sightings. I saw those "balloons" let me tell you something, what was in the sky were not balloons, those things are not from this earth. It doesn't matter what they say but i saw what i saw.....

Zyzzz.....

Did you see my post about observer bias?

I used that term carefully…..

I posted this:

Our perception is molded by expectation

we perceive what we expect to perceive

Observers are also influenced in their perceptions by biases, prejudices, interests, and motives.

Gaps in actual perception are often filled in by the witness relying on what S/he expected or wanted to perceive. Between the time of perception and recall, we find a subconscious perceptual filling-in of unperceived details.

criminaldefense.homestead.com...

Stan Fulham the hoaxer started all this with his channeling chicanery.

People expected to see something on the 13th because Fulham said they would.

Subsequently, everything people saw on the 13th seemed to validate Fulham.

That produced further observer bias.

And there we have it….. a perceptual & resulting hysteria feedback loop in which many, many people have been swept up, whether or not they knew about Fulham.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

edit on 15-10-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Clarification

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zyzzz

Sucks that people are so hard headed. It must be frustrating to try to tell someone you saw something and half of them dont believe you.

Watching the ancient civilizations makes the argument that it was not foreign craft of somekind laughable. The evidence that we have been visited, are visited and will be visited is beyond refute.

No one here can claim the intellectual recognition of Hawkins. He is sure they will visit.

What we saw on the 13th is merely a pebble in that ocean of Hawkins prediction and thousands of pages of ancient paintings and documents which state they have been here.

To whoever said 'case closed' and ruled out all eye witness testimony you have made your finding not on anything a judge would. A judge would listen to eye witness testimony very closely. We have seen video tape of eye witnesses and heard in real time description of what is happening. This tape is admissible in court. Its called a presence sense impression.

But there are weak minded who resist accepting facts even in the face of over whelming evidence and that is the way of our world. I hope it doesnt hinder the lot of us.

peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join