It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$2 million dollars lets you sleep better at night - Alan Grayson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Dear Branden:

Right-wingers can be very angry people. Angry about the President’s birth certificate. Angry about black helicopters. Angry about government death panels. Angry that poor people have so much money.

In fact, right-wingers are so angry that they seem to have trouble getting to sleep at night. What do you think would help them to get a good night’s rest? A little chamomile tea, perhaps? No; strangely, the teabaggers don’t like tea. Maybe dozing off in front of the TV, with Fox News turned on? Perhaps; virtually everything on Fox News is a bedtime story that only children could believe.

Actually, what really helps right-wingers to sleep well at night is vicious attack ads on TV. Specifically, attack ads attacking me.

On Friday, Politico reported that right-wing groups have spent $1.7 million on attack ads in my district, in Central Florida. This is roughly 20 times as much as my Republican opponent has been able to raise and spend for his TV ads so far. In fact, his campaign was “dark” (meaning off the air) for the month of September. Politico interviewed one of my opponent’s consultants, and this is what he said:

“These [outside] ads have been lifesavers,” said Jason Roe. “I have less anxiety and sleep a little better at night. If those ads weren’t there, I wouldn’t sleep as well knowing that we’re dark right now.”

So now you know: all it takes to help a Republican consultant sleep better at night is a $2 million lullabye -- vicious attack ads by outside interest groups against me.

Rock-a-bye baby,

On the treetop,

We have to make sure,

Those attack ads don’t stop.

When the bough brakes,

The cradle will fall,

Down will come government,

Special interests rule all.

It’s our government, not theirs. And this year, we have to fight to keep it.

Truth,

Alan Grayson

I just recieved that email at 2:34 P.M. EST. That was a pretty funny political email, I really liked the song, it made me laugh so hard.

But he's overall correct, $1.7 million came in to attack him and the Republican opponents campaign had nothing, it's all by outside groups wanting to control the election. I'm glad Grayson doesn't collect corporate donations like the rest of the politicians.
edit on 10/13/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Ah Alan Grayson he's kinda a nutjob in his own right.

I am not saying he is wrong, he is just a little nutty.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
I'm glad Grayson doesn't collect corporate donations like the rest of the politicians.

No, he just votes to collect more money from the American public and spend more than America has. Granted, he's for transparency for the Fed (a plus, and watching him beat the crap out of Bernanke was quite amusing), but his votes for the economically destructive stimulus and the unconstitutional slavery of Americans (the health care bill) taint my, and many others', view of him.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

He has a sense of humor. I like that.

Politics in VT have gotten pretty nasty as of late, what with both left and right wing national organizations running attack ads against each candidate. It's not like it once was and VT voters are starting to get sick of it (and for a good reason! It's not how we do things up here!).

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

I suppose you'd rather be sick and get nickeled and dimed by for-profit insurance companies?

I don't buy the health care bill as "anti-constitutional slavery". Sorry. Such a term is just proof of even more ignorance.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

That's complete bull and you are bound to have heard the rational & PRACTICAL reasons why this bill is a personal and economic nightmare. Your constituency "has theirs". Screw everyone else & screw the economy. People who could have (& have!) handled their healthcare out of pocket will now be left with no healthcare at all & I would venture to say that some people will lose their homes over it. Or at the very least, their- and their children's quality of life will suffer because of it. This is between $3600 & $8000 *per person* per year that people will have to come up with.

November 2nd can't come soon enough!

ETA "I'm glad Grayson doesn't collect corporate donations like the rest of the politicians."

:-) Monsieur Misoir, are you being facetious?
edit on 14-10-2010 by DogsDogsDogs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

I suppose you'd rather be sick and get nickeled and dimed by for-profit insurance companies?

I don't buy the health care bill as "anti-constitutional slavery". Sorry. Such a term is just proof of even more ignorance.

slavery (ˈsleɪvərɪ) [Click for IPA pronunciation guide]

—n
1. the state or condition of being a slave; a civil relationship whereby one person has absolute power over another and controls his life, liberty, and fortune
2. the subjection of a person to another person, esp in being forced into work
3. the condition of being subject to some influence or habit
4. work done in harsh conditions for low pay

In particular pay attention to the 1st and 2nd definitions. The health care bill requires one to have insurance. It has no provision otherwise. You. Must. Pay. What if I don't want health care? Why isn't it my choice to not pay into it? Why must I be forced by my government to buy something that I don't want? More to the point, why must I be forced to pay for your health care? I will become beholden to you.

I do have insurance through my employer, and so does my wife and son. That is all I am responsible for. Well, it used to be. Now I will be responsible for the insurance of others. Again: the subjection of a person to another person, esp in being forced into work. That is slavery, and that is the part of the health care bill that is unconstitutional. It's amendment 13, by the way. In case you want to do some research.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Jeez...you guys still banging that drum? My cancer was cured for $32 out of pocket...and we banned slavery before you did. We'd see how bad this 'slavery' is if one got canned...or had one's benefits cut.

But that would never happen, right?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

Yes I was being facetious. I just posted it because it was relatively relevant and made me laugh.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

PROPAGANDA Only Works on those who's Brains are Asleep ...............WAKE UP America !

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

I love how the right is using the slogan "Wake Up America" which was made popular by Far-Left Democrat Dennis Kucinich.

new topics

top topics

join