It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura: US should abolish inherently corrupt political parties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Relishes hosting conspiracy show because I love to attack our government'; ABC host: Ventura's most 'out there' theory is US was warned about 9/11

A dozen years after shocking the nation with an upset win as an Independent candidate in the 1998 Minnesota gubernatorial election, former wrestler Jesse Ventura doesn't support third parties anymore.

"Win if you can, lose if you must, but ALWAYS cheat," Jesse "The Body" Ventura infamously said in his days as a wrestling villain, but Tuesday night he blasted such Machiavellian philosophies.

Ventura told ABC's George Stephanopoulos that he wouldn't vote for his former employer Linda McMahon in her bid to become Senator even if he could "ecause i don't vote for Democrats or Republicans. If she ran as an independent, she could possibly get my endorsement. But I refuse."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Source: www.rawstory.com...

I'm not so sure if we should "abolish" the political parties, but we surely should clean house and conduct independent and transparent investigations, then prosecute whoever needs to be prosecuted, which would probably be many. I don't think that it is really the parties, so much as it is the forces and people who have hijacked the parties.

Another huge problem, is the two-party system itself and the media only concentrating on these two parties. I have been saying over and over again, how the two parties are essentially the same on the issues that really matter, so I'll spare going into that here.

I believe that government is full of treasonous criminals who are hiding behind the political parties to do their thing to benefit their own interests and those interests are almost always in contradiction to the interests of the American people, interests they are supposed to be serving. So, I'm not sure if abolishing the parties would do any good without cleaning house of the criminals that seem to have a grip over our government. It's in this thought that we should investigate and prosecute all of those who committed crimes against the American people and the US Constitution.

We need to take several years out and just clean house.

--airspoon

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

couldnt agree more, i feel like this picture sums it up nicely.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8e5074454fcc.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I think that the only way we will ever clean out our government is by a constitutional convention via our state governors/ legislatures. Understandably (right or wrong), they'll never vote against their own interests.
If he believes McMahon to be a good candidate, he should support her regardless- my .02

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Its like the bill hicks joke, I like the puppet on the left but I also like the puppet on the right - - wait a second its just one guy holding both puppets. Politics in the UK is a joke and it appears much worse in the USA, lots of people on ATS have been saying GOD government of dollars lately. Doesn't seem like many viable avenues of complaint at the mo either

www.youtube.com... warning swears probably.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Hey it's like I always say: Practice safe governments use Kingdoms. they have worked for thousands of years. While you look at the U.S. version of democracy which has technically only existed since the end of the American Civil war can only last for 150 years until it begins to fall apart. For those of you how believe this country has always been a Democracy then I implore to read any American history book or even the Constitution of the United State of America and see for yourself that we were in all actuality constitutionally a Republic but after the Civil War we changed all of that and became a democracy which historically speaking doomed us to failure.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Well, in the most general of ways I am pleased that a celebrity has spoken these words. Although I am ever vigilant against the potential for the application of the old saying "The best way to control the opposition is to install a leader of your own choosing." At the end of the day media-celebrities and their ilk (meaning politicians) are all - for the most part - interested in themsleves above all else. Books to sell, shows to hawk, images to polish.

Yet Mr. Ventura seems to be echoing something I have long espoused; that the political parties are at the root of our national woes. Their entanglement with media moguls and financial robber barons should have been forbidden from the outset; but that wasn't popular among those who thrive convincing others that they are heroic and noble citizens (so they can use their position to enrich themselves and their associates.)

The political parties (such as they are) are ALL beholden to the supranational financial machinery that thrives wherever there exists a "National" Reserve bank... which applies equally to any country.

The parties themselves are NOTHING. Our political careerists change parties whenever it suits them, and somehow the same morons who vote for them time after time don't seem to "get it." They live by the pathetic exercise of "Yeah let's vote all of them out - except for mine - he or she is 'good people' after all." That's how we end up with the same club of losers term after term.

The parties have become clubs.... where ego currency is used to buy the loyalty of starry-eyed naive zealots, all the while maintaining the same 'club' of elitist trash behind the curtains snickering and chuckling about how stupid people are. These people have come to believe their own publicists in thinking that they are some magical way 'more' capable, and 'more' important people who should be deferred to in matters of governance.

Sadly our higher educational system is both complicit and equally corrupt, as you can see from the never ending chant about how you can't expect to achieve a comfortable living without first dumping massive wealth into some school that gives you an automatic "I'm better than anyone else" paper in return.

At the center of all the failing is the political party game. One team.... two different color outfits.... for better entertainment value.

Jessie could very well be no better, what do we really know other than what we have heard via the same media that makes them all 'more important?'

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by thormg1976

Kingdoms are even worse. No one family, no one person, no one bloodline, no one selected 'slice' of a population should EVER rule over another.

It is true that our Republic was corrupted..... but that was not the fault of the Republic, that was the fault of the politicians who used their influence to curry power and favors for each other - rather than those they SWORE to serve.

new topics

top topics

join