It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Light in the Sky?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Okay, this is the first thread I've ever posted here. I was unsure whether or not to post this, but I decided that I wanted to know more about it, so here it goes.

This all took place in Winchester, England.

I was out in the garden last night smoking with my friend. We're both lurkers and occasional posters here on ATS so we're both interested in conspiracy theories and enjoy discussing them. It was around 10:30pm and my friend pointed out a light through the branches of a tree; it looked as if it was either a really bright star or perhaps a low-orbiting satellite. After about five minutes or so my friend pointed the light out again, only it had moved.

Below is a picture of the light, I'm sorry for the really poor quality but my camera phone was unfortunately all I had on me.

"Well, it must be a satellite then," I thought aloud and my friend agreed that that was probably the case. Still, my curiousity gripped me and I went upstairs to find the only looking device I had - a small spyglass I got from a market in London.

(Note: That's just an image I found on Google. My spyglass is similar, but not quite the same.)

No, it wasn't the greatest tool for looking up at the night sky, but I could get a fairly good look at it when I focused hard on holding my hand steady. When we each took turns to gaze through it we both came to the conclusion that the light seemed to be split into two or that there were in fact two light sources.
When looking back on the pictures I took on my camera I found this one, which, for all I know could have been one of the many that were results of motion blur, but either way it's pretty accurate to what we saw.

We went upstairs after that and said we'd go back and check to see if it was still there in about 10 minutes. Upon going back outside we weren't surprised it had moved even further north-west and, pulling my spyglass out again, I looked back up at it. Now, speaking rationally for a moment, this could have merely been my eyes/the light playing tricks on me, but when I focused hard and held a steady hand I saw what I believe to be a clear view of the light.
From it I saw that there were what looked like tentacles of light reaching out from it and a smaller orb of light, the tentacles moved out and then suddenly back inwards and the light seemed to fade for a moment and the tentacles retracted, everything disappearing but for the orb and the main source. I was pretty freaked and handed the spyglass to my friend saying "just look... tell me what you see". He didn't see the tentacles of light, for they'd already disappeared, but he mentioned the orb.

Edit: Redrew what I saw in photoshop

Again, we went back in and checked the skies again 15 minutes later. The light had now changed its course and had headed back southwards. Unfortunately we couldn't get a clear view because by then there was a lot of cloud cover an it only shone through gaps every now and then.

Conclusions, anyone? It could have been a satellite, but I don't think it was and I also don't think that I was seeing things through that spyglass. I'm not posting this thread for attention or whatever, I just want to know what it could possibly have been.
Thanks and keep it civil please.
edit on 13/10/10 by The Empty Skies because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/10/10 by The Empty Skies because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/10/10 by The Empty Skies because: updating images

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
With today in particular, im sure your going to get the attention needed from thsoe with a good mindset.

Keep your eye's peeled for the next 24 hours.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TasteTheTruth

Are you referring to the predictions for the supposed sightings predicted for today? I'm thinking it's more likely that this thread will be buried beneath threads about that and the apparent NYC sightings happening.

I promoted my depiction of what I saw through the spyglass to a photoshop image.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Shameless, self-promoting bump.

I know there's very little proof to back up what I've posted, but I'm not posting this thread to try and prove something. I'm just wondering if there have been any similar sightings before.

new topics

top topics

join