It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The trees talked to my grandaughter

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Onet Wosix[/i
like a puffball mushroom?

I love hitting those with a push mower

Anyway, that's an awesome picture. Seriously, when I read the title and saw about trees "talking" it reminded me of various times that I've heard of Native American stories of trees talking. I wonder if it was actually just disembodied voices and the Native Americans just put the voices to trees? Hmm...Awesome. Thanks for the thread

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
For whatever it's worth,
I don't doubt your granddaughter one bit,
The trees used to 'speak to me' as a child also..
and for the past 5 years or so..
it has re-happened on a number of occasions.

They really are "filled" with a spirit, just as our own bodies are..
only their souls are far more evolved, and far wiser.

Go on, give me the "tree hugger" mumbo jumbo, I dont care.. lol
but it is a Truth.

I have also photographed things that look like your photo,
also when no fires or anything else were around to cause any anomalies of the sort.

What is it? I dunno...

But my feelings have always been that it is sentient, just as we are,
only it is not bound by the physical.

Nice catch, and thanks for sharing..
and, if you feel ok with it,
let your granddaughter know that it is far more than simply her imagination at work.
She is lucky to be able to 'tune in' amongst such a 'noisy world'.

But children are always rather good at that,
and "adults" also... if they stop letting what they have been "taught" get in the way.

Filter out all the filters....
let your child-like "knowing" that anything really is possible come to the forefront...
and you'll see, it is True.

Thanks again.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Could be ghosties.... Why not? They do exist. And, unlike us, kids have not learned yet that they cannot hear them.

tt

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I would like to find more info re the amount of kids transported during the early slave trade days when the original builder owner and maybe even planter of the trees made his money.

My grandaughters description of sounding like kids playing and whispering provides an image of lost children from days gone by.

Respects
edit on 14-10-2010 by captiva because: spelling

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Great Pic., And It's a great thing your Grand-daughter can talk with trees, let us never forget our forefather's and the native American (or any other native people) can talk with trees. I hope you can find find more info. about this site where the pic. was taken. Great Post....

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Well ive spend 28 yrs in the bush and ive never heard a whisper from the trees....
I logged way up in the monashees and worked alone many times without hearing any of my trees complain.
There is some awsome silence to be had however,i highly recommend it to anyone if they can stand it for long...most cant it seems and they end up babbling to fill the space in their ears.ive caught myself doing it from time to time.
There is nothing more humbling to be far in the bush and know you are well and truely alone.
I suspect your thoughts on the slave kids may be very accurate.
we all know theres more to existance than meets the eye....

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I agree with your point on "The silence" Even though we were on the estate for less than 2 hours it was deafening when we returned to the city.

Thanks for your contribution, respects.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I don't think it was a tree that was talking, but rather a leprechaun of some sort.
I know someone from the Philippines that told me a time that she was hypnotized by a tree as a kid.
Turned out it was a duende sitting in a tree that was talking to her. It literally mesmerized her and left her in a hypnotic trance which led others to believe she was talking to a tree.
Weird I know, but that's what I was told.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
The voices your grand-daughter heard could have been the breeze whistling through small branches, leaves etc. Sometimes when it's windy, I can hear things that aren't there. The noise is just lots of tiny wailings through the eaves of my house.

As for the smoke. Sure you didn't have a cigarette? Or maybe it was cold and that's your breath. It's certainly cold in Fife.

Funniest story I heard about mis-hearing something was from his nibs. When he was a teenager he piled back to his house with his mates one night after the pub. Half asleep and half drunk one of them jumped up all excited and told them some "lasses" were coming to the house for them. He could hear them coming. They all listened and right enough they heard the faint clatter of high heels and the giggles of a bunch of girls. But although the sound continued it didn't get any closer to them. It turned out to be coming from one of the other boys. He was asleep and what they were hearing was lots of tiny clicking and squeaking noises coming from his nose. To say they were disappointed was an understatement.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Hi to a fellow scotsman. I was about 3 yards from her when she said she heard the sounds so I dont think it was wind as it was very still and quiet. Personally I heard nothing, but by her reaction she most certainly did.

Respects

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
That's cool. I'm just trying to cover all bases.
I've had a good few strange experiences myself so can understand the weirdness of your grand-daughter's one. Also, when it's a child having the experience, sometimes there's no denying that something truly out of the ordinary happened.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
The trees in the woods once talked to a friend of mine as well!

But he was high as a kite on a magic mushroom trip during that experience, so it probably doesn't really count as a real spiritual conversation between a giant pine tree and Man? LOL!

But cool that your grandaughter enjoys being in the woods! - in today's world it's difficult to get the kids to go out and enjoy the woods in the first place.

(Xbox, Computers etc, etc!)

And the world is now a more dangerous place, so it's sometimes difficult to let them wander off into the nearby woods by themselves as well.

(As many of us did as kids, and without too much fear that something bad might happen)

I have great memories from my childhood when we played in the woods as often as we could during some late summer days, it was really magical moments sometimes.

One time we even got lost and had to spend one really spooky but also fun night in the woods before the whole community and the Police found us again the next day near a lake which had some populated vacation-houses and a farm nearby.

(I remember that our parents were worried sick about us - but most of us kids just saw it as a great fantasy adventure in the woods)

So yes! I remember that for us kids by that time, and even now for me as an adult - the woods is a magical place - and it triggers the child's fantasy in the most fantastic and strange ways.

All kids should take every opportunity and spend more time in the woods IMO!

(And these days, perhaps safer doing it together with an adult)
edit on 14-10-2010 by Chevalerous because: I was attacked by some nasty Trolls in the woods during my "trip" down the memory lane! lol!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous
The trees in the wood talked to a friend of mine once as well!

But he was high as a kite on a magic mushroom trip during that experience, so it probably doesn't really count as a real spiritual conversation between a giant pine tree and man? LOL!

Haha, is he over it yet?

Sasquatch is my daddy and he wants to protect meeeee....

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Those are some cool pictures.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Just an update re info about the history of the estate.

The original builder, owner of the estate had 3 plantations in the West Indies and shipped slave families to Scotland to be used by wealthy landowners of the time (1700s). Ive ordered shipping records from that time through a local archive company, hopefully that will show records of any ships lost and slave numbers.

A local historian seems sure there was a fire in 1780? that devastated the original estate houses and will get back once confirmed.

Respects

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Thats an interesting story.

It reminds me of a story my aunt used to tell me when I was a kid. She said that when she was a teenager, she and her friends wandered into a large forest to go find a place to have a picnic and somehow got separated. Hours later my aunt was still by herself and it was getting dark. She had no idea what direction to walk in, and nothing seemed familiar. She said she was exhausted and started to cry. She sat down, terrified at the thought of spending the night there alone, with no supplies. Supposedly she noticed some of the trees swaying despite there being no wind at all. She found it odd, and for some reason paid close attention to the direction they were swaying in. I dont know why, but she said a calming feeling came over her, and she decided to go in the direction of the swaying trees. Ten minutes later, she found her friends who had been looking for her for hours. I know it sounds cheesy, but she swears to this day that the trees showed her the way home.

Maybe the trees do have a consciousness

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Look up "The Slender Man"

Apparently some weird demon/ghost that kidnaps children. Whenever he is seen, kids go missing, and he is normally found in woods.

I was skepitical of this story, and still am, but the talking to kids in the woods, and luring them with the sound of other kids sounds just like this dude.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I can only say a thing. Rush her to a psychologist. This thread is insane to the maximum level.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

Ermmmm I was a psychologist before starting my photography business. Unlike most of us grownups here she does not require the assistance of the psychology department. Thanks for your concerne though, its appreciated.

respects

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Well, this summer I knew a child who used to see cats when there weren't any cats anywhere around him.
And he is not very sane at all.
If this thing of her grand-daughter goes on, I would get some concern.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join