It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The trees talked to my grandaughter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Im a photographer and rarely go anywhere without a camera, especially if my grandkids are with me.

This afternoon while gathering pine-cones with my grandkids my grandaughter ( aged 7 and very articulate ) was startled and scared enough to come running back to me saying " That tree talked to me".

I told her she must have heard the leaves rustling, although there was no wind. She replied no papa, it sounded like there were kids playing behind the trees whispering. We moved to a diffirent area and she seemed to forget the experience chasing her wee brother all over the woods (forrest)

On arriving back home I as usual downloaded the photographs I had taken. I am intrigued by the photograph taken exactly where she said she was spoken too. There was no wind, no fires, no sun flare and nobody that we could see for handreds of meters.

I would be interested in others opinions.

Regards and Respects

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
To get a picture like this and at the same time your daughter experienced hearing kids voices is good evidence in my opinion..

If I was in your shoes right now, I would try and research that specific place and find out any history there.

Thank you for sharing this extraordinary experience !

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
No opinion on the 'voices; but oh my word that photo tugged at me in a weird way... and I have never been to Scotland!

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
could the 'cloud' in the photo be some sort of fungus/ mushroom exploding?

like a puffball mushroom?

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Good advice. I will see what I can dig up on the place. There are some very weird trees in the area I will post them as well.

respects

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Onet Wosix

I saw no evidence of any mushrooms or anything, only young fir/pine trees where she heard the voices. I would guess the smoke? is about 25 feet up.

Respects

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Those are beautiful trees.

I'm not calling you out on this or anything but that haze could easily be a piece of hair or a piece of lint that got in front of the lens. When you're taking pictures outside it's so hard to tell.

It's interesting that your granddaughter had that experience though. I'd research it, like others said.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
A beautiful place, serene space. As a young child I learned quickly to only observe and to carry on with life as normal. I was fortunate to have my grandfather that sensed and took the time to only listen. I only had him for a short part of my life,

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

There was no hair or lint on the lens and it would not have affected the photograph had there been. The photograph was taken with a canon 40 D and 17-40 f4 L lens. Dust or lint on the front element would not show in the photograph. Thanks for your input though, appreciated.

Respects

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

My grandparents had a dairy farm and on that farm was a grove of oaktrees, about 14 that stood as big around as two maybe three men holding hands outstreached around and 100-150 ft tall.

I use to hang around the Oak Trees after feeding and watering the cows and chickens....before school - it started my day off. Many times I would go back and sit and do my home work before sunset.

I miss this sacred place. To call these trees magificent would be an understatement. The branches didn't start until fifty feet up and bats would fly around these trees at night. Yes, all living things contain a consciousness of sorts............the oak trees use to talk to me as well.

When you hug a tree, and press your forehead against one, wishing them well, yes they will communicate back to you.

Again, all living things have a level of consciousness.

All life is precious and should be respected
edit on 13-10-2010 by ofhumandescent because: spelling and grammer

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
There are some amazing trees on that estate, some look like entwined human bodies....

Another example

Respects

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Wow..... what Beauty!

If there are not nature spirits or fairies in those woods... I don't know where there would be!

I've no doubt the trees talked to her.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Thats very nice and the pics are great. Did your granddaughter happen to mention what was said to her? That smoke almost looks angel like. I agree with the others too, see if you can find some history, Have you ever gone there at night to see if there are any orbs or anything?

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I remember being a kid and hearing voices while playing in the woods. Sometimes I tend to discount the whole overactive imagination explanation.

[SNIP TO REMOVE DRUG REFERENCE]

edit on 13-10-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Your Grandaughter is a very lucky Girl, if you do a little searching you will find some other instances of this happening to people.

Here is a thread on this Here

I was brought up with stories about how the Forest will talk to you if you listen close enough, I have tried many times and let my imagination wonder, the silence sometimes is so deafening when your away from people you can hear things that will blow your mind.

I have never been fortunate enough to hear them myself however, just my imagination.

The stories were passed down from stories told a long time ago, they have been said to be Faeries, or Elves, anyone who knows for sure will not share, if they do its said they will not hear them again, but I know this is untrue.

I could well imagine that these stories were what led to stories of Faeries and Elves to begin with, it doesn't even matter what Forest you are in either, it happens in all Forests.

So I believe you, and think you where close to something Magnificent and wonderful, people can rip me for that if they like I don't care, there is so much more to this World than we could ever dream of, its our closed minds which keeps it hidden, and to be honest if you where a fabled being, would you trust a Human?

I would also say please be careful, for every good story there are also some that are not so nice.

edit on 13/10/2010 by azzllin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

We go regularly although Ive never been at night. the wildlife, birds squirells etc seem to have no fear of humans there and can all be fed by hand. The place is always very quiet and still as well. Im looking for info/ history on Ayrshires Rozelle Estate as we speak.

Respects

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I just took a close look at your picture, it looks like a giant smiling face with eye brows, that's incredible, did you take it with a digital camera? if so do you still have the original? there will be some who will want to see if the EXIF data is still there.

I think I was just taken by some artistic alterations by davidgrouchy, my mistake.
edit on 13/10/2010 by azzllin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
When I was about 8 or 9 we lived in a cottage in the remote north of Scotland. A few strange things happened there, including seeing a wisp of smoke when I looked out my bedroom window one night. It was quite late, about 10pm, but it was summer so still light. I just looked out the window to see how light it still was amd this smoke thing, about the size of the one in OP's photo, swooped down from left to right, and then up again and out of sight.

I was badly shaken and hid under the covers for a bit. Could have been anything, but I just remember as above - as a wsip of smoke.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join