Lady waits 100 Years to get US Citizenship

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
macedoniaonline.eu...

The US Immigration system may indeed be somewhat broken after the latest case of an 101 year old lady named Eulalia Garcia Maturey who waited 100 years to receive her US citizenship.

Maturey arrived in the US as an infant in the distant 1909 from Mexico, when Taft was a US president. She applied for a US residence and citizenship.... 100 years later she got it!

As an example, while waiting for her US citizenship, Maturey could have become a citizen of Canada 33 times.

100 years to become a US citizen? That is absolutely insane! That could be part of the reason we have so many illegal immigrants, it takes them far too long to become actual citizens. It should never take 100 years or even 5 years. Have we forgotten the words enscribed on the Statue of Liberty? I guess we decided to replace it with overwhelming bureaucracy. What a shame.

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!
"

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
BUMP

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Maybe it is because of all the illegal immigrants cutting in line and ruining the bureaucracy that it takes so long for legal and welcomed immigrants to gain citizenship.

join