It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Your" views on why so many faiths have similarities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Let's start a curious thread here. You probably have read online about religious beliefs that are similar to one another. Instead of debating! Let's see your views on why they're similar.
From Creation to the Flood theme. I see a huge similarities. Most likely they traveled, talked and traded their beliefs. People influenced by the parts that strike them like a huge flood should of strike a cord in a person. Seeing how either they could be influence a similar tale or had the same experience but from a different view point. Characters like Moses, Sargon of Akkid, Jesus, Buddha, Noah, Gilgamesh and countless others could of been real people. But we make them greater and more powerful then what they were before. But having all these people exist will make it like there is nothing set in stone and everything is a contradiction.
I could of explain it better. I just need more source and influence.
Tell me why you think beliefs of the past and today are similar.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I would like to start off by me saying that you picked a good thread, as well as this being a basis for this thread, i will need to quote a very infamous comedian by saying (NOT ADVOCATING DRUG USE), Today young men on acid realize that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves.” - Bill Hicks. Now with that if you take this apart piece by piece, you may as well make an argument about this. But i feel that there is a very valid point to be made here. Excellent thread and i believe that the commonality is........reincarnation....who or what God would only give us one life in the flesh to get it right?

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

A long time ago, somebody made up a story to describe this.

Elephant story

The idea is that since we all have limited perception, we all see part of the truth but describe it inaccurately. Thus, all religions have a kernel of truth in them, but none of them get the entire story right.

That's why there are so many similarities. Because there WAS a huge flood, but people seem to have forgotten whether it was Noah who survived it, or some other dude.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Here's a video from yourtube you guys might be interested in. It's a part of a serious of videos you can check out.

Now I'm going to post some links you guys can check out. Don't get offended from anti-religious propaganda.
Link 1
link 2
link 3
link 4
link 5
link 6
link 7
These links offer a sense of more source we can read upon and get more pieces to the puzzle.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
For some reason... I think there was just one story, about all the things that happened back then that made people create these religions, and certain people saw a different point of view on it so they all divided.

ET told a story perhaps?

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoomoo

Well there is oral tradition and drawings. Writing is pretty much confirmed in Sumer. So we would just have to piece the puzzle together.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

That is right, but we gotta remember the ET sightings happened everywhere at that time. We would have to find out when the stories really began, or even when the first civilization was. We still believe that there are older societies. The key to our present and future is through the past. If the real story is discovered (meaning the first story at least), this may affect the lives of many people, and even forsee the future with a prophecy maybe.

top topics

join