It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McGavock high school is looking for a new math teacher

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Just stumbled across this on YT and thought I would share....

description: "Teacher at McGavock high school throws chair, also a table and lite bathroom on fire."

So.......is this understandable behavior?? I know I must have been a good source of frustration with many a teacher in my school days but I never actually saw one explode like this.

Are the kids worse nowadays or are the teachers not up to it anymore?

Peace

edit on 13-10-2010 by operation mindcrime because: Man....I really have to change my avatar. Maybe next week......

edit on 13-10-2010 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Sorry for the busted up YT link......it's fixed now!!

Peace

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I really didnt understand the video, or the entire event, like what happened to start all of that?
As far as are the kids worse or teachers just cant handle it anymore ? I'll go with a blend of both.

'back in the day', you had note passing, whispering, some of the basics that still exist today like daydreaming, doodling, sleeping, but there was a fear or respect held for the teacher in the room, the principle down the hall, or the parent at home.

'Now', texting, facebook, twitter, email during class, some of the basics like daydreaming, doodling, sleeping, but there is NO fear or respect held for the teacher in the room, the principle down the hall, or the parent at home.

There's some good kids for sure, but theyre rare.
Parents cant see their kids as being spoiled undeserving little buttholes and in most cases defend even the worst of actions, "oh not my little johnny, he's perfect".
The parents havent taught the kids right from wrong and the public school system is a joke to begin with,
it's nothing more than daycare and indoctrination into the swirling vortex of useless time spent on social popularity and a grooming of the young lambs into becoming a better obedient full grown sheep.

Parents, teach your kids how to grow up and not grow away,
the State will not do it.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Man kids are that bad. I don't know if it was better or worse in the past.. But it was only a few years ago that I was in high school, and kids were bad.

I knew one kid that was conspiring to get a teacher fired because she asked him to do his homework instead of talking during study period.

Which she was an awesome teacher because she knowingly let me skip class if my grades were good and still gave me a good grade despite being there maybre 50% of the time.. lol.

I'm not surprised at this teachers response.. It takes a lot of fortitude to teach high school class that caters to the dumber kids. Not to say that the kids who don't do as strongly are bad, but there's generally a reason why they are in the lower level classes.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
First, let me say a teacher acting like this is unacceptable. He is suppose to be able to take this, or go get a higher power if they lose control of the class. He should have never acted like that.

But! I am lucky? in that I get to see how teenagers act at times. I have friends with younger siblings, and one 17 year old I know of is giving all kinds of hell to her teachers and parents. Why? "Because I don't care" Gets told she has to follow the rules, she doesn't care. Gets told exactly why she is being punished, doesn't care. Just plain old doesn't care. Would rather stop going to school and her GED then finish her senior year. Doesn't understand how she isn't liked by people because she plays this role where she is the tough girl, even though she is not.

And this isn't an isolated case.

About 6 years ago when I was in HS, I knew of a few people that pushed the teachers buttons on purpose every day and a lot that just "didn't care"..and not to stereotype anyone here, but this was a private school I went to. These kids parents were either hard workers who gave this school their extra cash so their kid could get a better environment, or their parents were actual business owners who just recently "made it big" through honest to god hard work.

Something needs to be done about teenagers attitudes. It's getting worse and worse.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Its really not acceptable for this guy to act this way.. but at the same time if kids were to be behave, it would not be a problem..

I knew a teacher, a really cool and caring guy that did his best to help students.. The problem was that he wasn't very tough. He was soft.. and didn't know how to control his class. He never did this, he just retired early and moved onto another job.

Most teachers I met were awesome people, a few strict or bad apples.. Most of them just were to do what they wanted out of life, which was to teach. Kind of sad that people spend their time trying to help kids prepare for their life and all they do is cause them trouble.

Don't think the kids in high school see what a great thing they have.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
They're not all locked up! Sometimes I wonder if our government and "concerned" parents have ruined our public school system?
Now I'm not trying to be of topic. But this is why I believe the teacher went crazy.
What?
You should see where I'm coming from on this link.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

The children sound as wild as whatever the teacher is doing. It is a cellphone camera I presume. Pretty hard to understand what's going on, and reminds me of modern ufo videos. I am glad I don't use one of these devices. The digital sound is as disturbing as the poor images. Gee, I wonder what precipitated the event.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

There is a Serious Lack of Discipline in todays American Public Schools . Kids that go there Know they can use Numerous excuses to Defy School Authorities when it comes to Unrulely Behavior . The Teachers themselves know this to , but because of the Threat of Termination due to the Law and other Roadblocks in their Persiut of plying their Trade , most end up frustrated as EL over some of their Students Total Lack of Respect in the Classroom , and as seen in the above Video , get to a point of not being able to Handle it anymore and just Snap . Who's Really to Blame here , the Teacher or the Uncoporative Pupil ?
edit on 13-10-2010 by Zanti Misfit because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I would probably have a break down also if I had to deal with those a holes everyday. The kids weren't concerned or frightened at all. They were laughing and getting in his face with their cell phones.

They are lucky he didn't knock the crap out of them, which is probably what they need.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Can't we send these kids to Afghanistan or something?

Teacher should get a raise and, oh, some valium.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
...the teacher is either psychotic or this was staged... he was smirking from the get go - said "i have the power!"... i think he's a fruitcake and hope he's in a psych-ward now...

top topics

join