It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know Americans are negotiating with Taliban??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Well, this is interesting.. Funny how they never mention this one, out of shame??

It seems the enemy is making demands from the US now, because they know the US is on its back foot:

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — Releasing Taliban figures detained at Guantanamo Bay and scratching scores of others off the U.N. sanctions list would jump-start peace talks aimed at ending the 9-year-old war, members of Afghanistan's new peace council said Tuesday.

www.mariettatimes.com...

The peace talks haven't even began yet and the Taliban are calling for their demands.

Now ask yourself, do we really know what is going on in Afghanistan?

This is odd, if Americans are truly winning this war, or at least even managing to stay one step ahead of their enemies, why in GOD's name would the Taliban make demands before the talks even start? That means only one thing, that the Taliban have the upper hand, is it true?

What do you guys think about this?

Here:

But the administration is still sticking to demands on the Taliban that it knows are not realistic, in a manner that is strikingly similar to the demands stated publicly by the United States in the early stage of the Vietnam War.

www.ipsnews.net...

Aren't Americans sick of lies, how long will they stay silent and allow their governments to spit lies on their faces and just suck it up because they have a lame excuse of national security stamp..

Getup, stand up, standup for your rights.

You voted them to office, you can force them out without votes

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Negotiating with the Taliban would'nt surprise me at all. Y ou only have to keep one eye on the situation to know that they are'nt winning. Yes they may be taking ground and managing to hold it but that means nothing.

"The Americans have the watches but we have the time". I cant remeber who said that exactly but it tells you everything you need to know. The taliban know the Americans and there allies cant stay there forever so they just have to wait it out.

America is pannicking because it does'nt want to look like its been defeated, and so. Somwhere down the line, deals will have to be made. It was exactly the same with the UK and the I.R.A.
edit on 13-10-2010 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrypticCriminalIt was exactly the same with the UK and the I.R.A.

The major difference between the two situations being that the UK didn't (as far as I am aware) create the I.R.A, whereas the US certainly created the Taliban.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bagatell

Yeah your right but that does'nt change the fact. Its still dealing with terrorists. Even if they were'nt untill the Americans made them so. They're living to regret it now.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Well considering we armed them against and helped them defeat Russian invaders it doesn't surprise me that we are communicating with them again to end another occupation. The only difference is that we are the occupiers now.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
well I think it's been known here
for a couple months that the US
is bribing the Taliban not to attack
the US Convoys in Afgh.
And then last month all those
supply routes in PAK gets attacked
then this week the US sends more funds
to PAK for the fight on terror.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist
to see what is going on.

If you can't defeat an enemy
buy them off at a price.
Then we wonder why we're
almost 3 Trillion in debt?
hmmm

and who says America doesn't
negotiate with terrorists???
pffft
edit on 10/19/2010 by boondock-saint because: clarifying

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Actually what the article says is that the Afghanistani government is negotiating with the Taliban.

Karzai said this week that his government has been talking with the Taliban "countryman to countryman" for "quite some time." He characterized the talks as unofficial personal contacts — not official contact with the Taliban leadership.

Did you see that part, "countryman to countryman". So how does this equate to the US being involved?

In Washington, State Department spokesman P.J. Crowley said the U.S. was considering modifications to the U.N. sanctions list, but that the matter of releasing prisoners from Guantanamo Bay was unrelated to the Afghan peace process.

"On an ongoing basis we are evaluating modifications to the individuals on the sanctions list at the U.N.," Crowley said Tuesday. "We've made some adjustments during the course of this year. And as we work through issues and, you know, in collaboration with the U.N. and other members of the U.N. Security Council, that is certainly possible."

But, hey, what are details when they conflict with the desired message?

~Heff

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
Did you see that part, "countryman to countryman". So how does this equate to the US being involved?

well maybe you missed past articles
where Karzai has been proven to be
a US puppet and let's not forget that
post last month where found that Karzai's
brother was on the CIA payroll.
I'd say that puts the US involved,
don't you?
That just makes Karzai's Government
the middle man in the process.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
Well, this is interesting.. Funny how they never mention this one, out of shame??

It seems the enemy is making demands from the US now, because they know the US is on its back foot:

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — Releasing Taliban figures detained at Guantanamo Bay and scratching scores of others off the U.N. sanctions list would jump-start peace talks aimed at ending the 9-year-old war, members of Afghanistan's new peace council said Tuesday.

www.mariettatimes.com...

The peace talks haven't even began yet and the Taliban are calling for their demands.

Now ask yourself, do we really know what is going on in Afghanistan?

This is odd, if Americans are truly winning this war, or at least even managing to stay one step ahead of their enemies, why in GOD's name would the Taliban make demands before the talks even start? That means only one thing, that the Taliban have the upper hand, is it true?

What do you guys think about this?

Here:

But the administration is still sticking to demands on the Taliban that it knows are not realistic, in a manner that is strikingly similar to the demands stated publicly by the United States in the early stage of the Vietnam War.

www.ipsnews.net...

Aren't Americans sick of lies, how long will they stay silent and allow their governments to spit lies on their faces and just suck it up because they have a lame excuse of national security stamp..

Getup, stand up, standup for your rights.

You voted them to office, you can force them out without votes

gee, like when people ask me how much money i want for a job?

i guess they are comfortable with the fact they just outed themselves too.

sounds like a plan.

what lies?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

When Karzai was a candidate in the 9 October 2004 presidential election, he won 21 of the 34 provinces, defeating his 22 opponents and becoming the first democratically elected leader of Afghanistan.

Although his campaigning was limited due to fears of violence, elections passed without significant incident. Following investigation by the UN of alleged voting irregularities, the national election commission on 3 November declared Karzai winner, without runoff, with 55.4% of the vote. This represented 4.3 million of the total 8.1 million votes cast. The election took place safely in spite of a surge of insurgent activity.[34]

And a bit about Karzai:

Hamid Karzai, an ethnic Pashtun of the Popalzai tribe, was born in the village of Karz[1], which is located on the edge of Kandahar City in southern Afghanistan. His grandfather, Khair Mohammad Khan, had served in the 1919 Afghanistan's war of independence and as the Deputy Speaker of the Senate. Karzai's family were strong supporters of the former Afghan King, Zahir Shah. His uncle, Habibullah Karzai, served as representative of Afghanistan at the United Nations and is said to have accompanied Zahir Shah in the course of the King's state visit to the United States for a special meeting with U.S. President John F. Kennedy.[5] His father, Abdul Ahad Karzai, served as the Deputy Speaker of the Parliament during the 1960s. Hamid Karzai attended Mahmood Hotaki Elementary School in Kandahar and Sayed Jamaluddin Afghan School in Kabul. He graduated from Habibia High School in 1976.[6]

Source

As I stated, from the OP's cited source... "Countryman to countryman."

~Heff

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

lol, also from your same source link at wiki

Karzai was involved in helping to provide financial and military support for the Mujahideen during the 1980s Soviet war in Afghanistan.[21] The Mujahideen were secretly supplied and funded by the United States, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, and Karzai was a contact for the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) at the time

also let's not forget the 10 Million dollar bribe of
Karzai's opponent to drop out of election.

Afghan Election fraud Dr Abdullah Abdullah bribed $10 million to not contest Karzai CIA US Puppet

like I said before
Karzai is the middle man
for the CIA/Taliban contracts

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I'm not going to say negotiating with the Taliban is a good thing, but Al Qaeda is obviously the bigger threat here. Lesser of two evils?

edit on 19-10-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

That video makes me cry every time because she is telling the truth, and she looks and sounds like my mom.

At the end Abdullah says good for me, in regards to the million dollar bribe, to make it sound like a joke.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

When Karzai was a candidate in the 9 October 2004 presidential election, he won 21 of the 34 provinces, defeating his 22 opponents and becoming the first democratically elected leader of Afghanistan.

Although his campaigning was limited due to fears of violence, elections passed without significant incident. Following investigation by the UN of alleged voting irregularities, the national election commission on 3 November declared Karzai winner, without runoff, with 55.4% of the vote. This represented 4.3 million of the total 8.1 million votes cast. The election took place safely in spite of a surge of insurgent activity.[34]

As I stated, from the OP's cited source... "Countryman to countryman."

~Heff

like I said ... a US Puppet !!!
with a rigged election by the CIA.

Afghan govt throws out 1.3 million votes

10/20/10

KABUL, Afghanistan – Afghanistan has released full preliminary results from last month's parliamentary election, throwing out more than 20 percent of ballots because of fraud.

Election commission chairman Fazel Ahmad Manawi says about 1.3 million votes were disqualified out of 5.6 million. That means about 23 percent of ballots were discarded because of ballot-box stuffing or re-jiggered totals.

Election officials called the vote a success because they were able to catch the fraud, but the number of fraudulent ballots also indicates that cheating was pervasive in a vote that many hoped would show the government's commitment to reform.

news.yahoo.com...

and if you question the rigged election results
then you become an insurgent or better known
as an enemy combatant.

hmmmm, that sounds like what is happening
in the US doesn't it?
edit on 10/20/2010 by boondock-saint because: clarifying

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
well I think it's been known here
for a couple months that the US
is bribing the Taliban not to attack
the US Convoys in Afgh.
And then last month all those
supply routes in PAK gets attacked
then this week the US sends more funds
to PAK for the fight on terror.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist
to see what is going on.

and who says America doesn't
negotiate with terrorists???
pffft
edit on 10/19/2010 by boondock-saint because: clarifying

They are a bunch of mercs and really always have been.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

US invaded and occupied Afghanistan and setup a puppet government.

Simply put, US is the Ayatollah of Afghanistan.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Thats nothing.... seen this yet?????

Taliban showing how they place IED's.... to british journalists?????

news.sky.com... 747?lpos=World_News_News_Your_Way_Region_0&lid=NewsYourWay_ARTICLE_15759747_Afghanistan%3A_Taliban_IED_Experts_Take_Sky_News_Behind_Enemy_Lines_To_See _How_They_Work

:
edit on 21-10-2010 by freetree64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join