It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan's Child Drug Addicts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

While the world's focus is on the fight against the Taliban, Unreported World reveals a hidden result of the conflict in Afghanistan: a huge rise in the number of children addicted to opium and heroin in a country now said to have the youngest drug addicted population in the world. Reporter Ramita Navai and director Matt Haan discover a lost generation where babies, toddlers and teenagers are hooked on drugs as the only way to escape the pain, hunger and psychological effects of war.

Not sure if embedding works on this but direck link is at the bottom

Direct link

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
This is a very sad state of affairs and I cant even begin to imagine the pain these kids are going through. Any child having to bear this kind of weight is unacceptable. The reporter has done a fantastic job of exposing this and has taken a big risk in doing so....

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Sadly I cant watch the video
It says that channel4 have blocked it for my country.

But that is so sad for the children. But it really didnt surprise me that much as I know there is alot of drugs there, and that many people uses it. Probaly to come away from fear and hunger.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst
Sadly I cant watch the video
It says that channel4 have blocked it for my country.

But that is so sad for the children. But it really didnt surprise me that much as I know there is alot of drugs there, and that many people uses it. Probaly to come away from fear and hunger.

I'll try and download the video and then upload here...

top topics

join