It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help with Pelco DVR over a VPN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I have a specific application that I was told would work, but when I put everything in place, it does not.

I have a Pelco DX 8132 DVR. I put 4 Pelco ip3701 cameras at a remote location that is tied to the main location by a VPN. I can browse the IP cams remotely as if they were local, and I can even see the set up pages from the DVR, but the DVR does not display a picture. Pelco is clueless and they claim I have a firewall issue. If it was a firewall, I wouldn't be able to ping it and browse it locally. Has anyone ever dealt with this situation?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Yes.
But it was not IP cams though. My pain was caused by the junk activeX viewer. Your issue does sound like a UDP port is not open or is being blocked.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by staple

thanks for the reply. from what I can see, the VPN tunnel is not blocking any internal ports. I can view the cameras from the DVR as well as a PC on the other side. I just can't get the DVR to display the picture in the main screen. It works in the setup menu. I keep thinking there is a setting I am missing, but having never done this before, I don't know where it might be. You would think that the idiots who made the hardware would have an idea.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Are you using RDP or VNC to access the computer used to view the cams? If so, I am stuck also as I cannot find DVR software that will work with those remote programs.

If the above does not apply, does the same thing happen in different browsers or on a different computer?
Can you post the link to the setup manual if one.
If you want to IM me the IP in question, I can see(hopefully) what is going on. If not, I totally understand.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by staple

I will post the links in the morning. I greatly appreciate any help at all.

thanks for your assistance.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
did you figure it out?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
this sounds really funny, but hey who knows.. I don't have too much experience with DVR's, but I just surfed around on the net for a few minutes and came across another forum for Tivo issues which basically ends with the guy hooking up his DVR and forgetting to unplug his Cable Box - by chance is this your problem?

edit on 5-1-2011 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join