It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A plane went missing out of John Wayne airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I am completely phreaking out over this one. I had an odd dream this morning.

I had gotten up a half hour before my alarm usually goes off. So I got back into bed and watched the news for a little bit. I dozed back off while I was watching it.
At that time I had a dream.
I dreamt that my boss met up with me in the parking lot at work.
She said to me, "A plane went missing out of John Wayne airport"
And then I woke up. That was it.

I have never heard of a John Wayne airport before then. I didn't even know if their really was one.
When I got to work I googled it and found out there was. That just made me a little leary. Thought I would keep my eyes open for any stories about it in the near future. And now... here is one.

www.atsnn.com...

[edit on 6/25/2004 by phreak_of_nature]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
It is not the far from where I live in Southern California. It is reltivley small. I think it is in Santa Ana or Newport Beach. Did your dream show you wjhat type of plane it was? There are small single engine planes as well as commercial airlines there. Just curious. Please advise.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I didn't see any kind of plane in my dream. It was just a conversation between me and my boss. When I awoke, my first thought about it was maybe a small plane or commuter plane crashed some where near there.

When I googled it at work, I was surprised to see it's proximate to LA, and the fact that they had major carriers flying in and out of there.

I really don't want to make any claims as to what the dream meant. I however am keying on the "went missing" part of it.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I was just curious Phreak because I like so close to there. Not trying to pry to disprove you or anything like that.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Hey, pry away. I make no claims to be a psychic. I am actually fairly creeped out by this.

If I had more detail to share I certainly would, but it was so quick. The impressions I had when I awoke, like I said were that I plane went missing. Which to me, always meant dropped from the radar and crashed.

Just now I was talking about it with my wife though. And I remember that on 9-11, the flight controls described the planes as going missing. Which we all now know was because the transponders were turned off.

Again those are all just impressions. The dream was a one sentence conversion with my boss.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
That is pretty phreaky, pardon the pun. What makes it so scary is that you had never heard of John Wayne Airport before and then it was in a dream. It really is a very small airport.

I wonder if your dream was a premonition of a possible future. What if they hadn't found that guys weapons (not likely, but possible) and he hijacked the plane, turned the transponder off,....well you know what else could happen.

Very scary indeed. Did you wake up all freaked out, or what?

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I woke up curious.
Like I said, the first thing I did when I got to work was google John Wayne airport.

I wasn't thinking terrorism at the time. I figured it was a little airport. I was thinking of a small plane going missing.

It was afterwards that I started to think, hum, this would be the ideal airport to hit LA from. That's just my twisted "conciensce mind" at work though.

On their website, they have a link to a flight tracker that shows you in real time where all the planes in the area are. I twas pretty cool.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Best I can tell, this story hit AP's wire at 5:16 PM MST. I had my dream at 6:30 AM MST.

One of the things I was thinking was that I maybe I had heard them talking about it on Fox News while I slept. But it couldn't have been.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Although John Wayne Airport is relatively small, isn't it near Anaheim (Disneyland) and I believe that it supports jet activity. Not trying to freak you out, but just adding a new dimension to the discussion.
joey
correct me if I am incorrect in my facts.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
From what I found out, you are correct.

top topics

join