It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Byron Williams Talks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
A classic attempt to blame anyone/anything other than the perpatrator of the heinous act of the day... We, as in ATS, or Beck or any of the others named did not put the gun in his hand, nor did/do we advocate any such thing.

Thankfully, most realize that, and carry on as normal.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

I find it offensive that a crime cannot be committed in this country without blame going out to everyone who isn't the perpetrator.

I think it's perfectly natural... and in this situation, taking offense is worse than giving it...

When something happens which we don't like... we try to figure out how it may have been caused. Now granted we should check our own mirrors... however, this is perfectly natural... this would be like you taking offense to a bee stinging you.... there's really no use in it.

There are thousands of people who use ATS everyday and for several years who are upstanding citizens and contributors to society.

When Media Matters and organizations like it write stories likes these it is to demonize and characterize ATS, and other media organizations as the source of these ills. Putting a political machine like George Soros' Media Matters against us, these people influence policy, and they will look here first when it comes to shutting down media they don't like.
edit on 13-10-2010 by projectvxn because: I felt like it.

Personally I think it is natural to try to understand the person who did this, what helped condition their thoughts, etc. Now obviously we can't paint that stimulus as BAD, because well that's like saying iron maiden songs make kids kill themselves.... we know that's not true, but we do know that in the kids who are already suicidal, certain forms of entertainment can trigger the latent tendencies in them.

As for Soros.... he's not spending money this year, so I wouldnt worry about him ;-)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Originally posted by projectvxn

I find it offensive that a crime cannot be committed in this country without blame going out to everyone who isn't the perpetrator.

If I didn't know the subject you were inferring to in advance (whom I've never heard of) I would've sworn you were talking about the recent Presidents of the USA.

As I've said countless times, people are the indirect bi-products of their environment. This world (especially this country) is riddled with corrupt, thieving, backstabbing political leaders who are nothing but liars and snake charmers.

I am NOT condoning criminality at all (for I personally obey the laws but....bend the crap out of the rules though...) but if this country is PROUD of their armed forces who are killing innocent people for the advancement of the Elite and....has a POTUS who congratulations them all, what the hell do you expect? 300 million outstanding citizens who hold doors opened for little old ladies?

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
A classic attempt to blame anyone/anything other than the perpatrator of the heinous act of the day... We, as in ATS, or Beck or any of the others named did not put the gun in his hand, nor did/do we advocate any such thing.

Perhaps He was given a script to follow as part of a 'Plea - Bargain' for a reduced sentence ?

Bad man, assassin comes out saying various peoples comment swayed his actions.

Govt comes back with:
"these people and websites are influencing others thinking toward voilence and terror! We MUST censor this incitement".

Afterall, ONLY the Goverment is allowed to tell people what to think.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by INQUISITION11

now we all know how rush limbah,alex jones,glenn beck,sean hannity etc feel.......

crazy exists anywhere you look and its easy to blame other people because thats what todays society does gladly....why take personal responsibility when all you need to do is blame some right winger and conspiracy site
yeah they wont blame me for doing the evil deed they will blame them................

sociopaths exist in every viewpoints everyone has them they always will.............................

for those who dont know me i am somewhat mentally balanced but dont worry you wont see me on the evening news..........................i only just gripe about things i am not stupid enough to take the violent solution to the problem............i will try to keep ats out of the limelight i will not blame who i listen to or what i read........as popeye said i am what i am and thats all that i am................and the buck stops with me........

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
There is an old saying.... "There is no such thing as bad press as long as they get the name right"

Naturally no one would look at this and say that this is the guy we would want this site to be associated with however things like this do tend to make people who normally would never hear of this site get curious and check it out for themselves. I do not think anyone would visit the site and walk away saying we are all a bunch of nut cases and killers, of course im sure there are a few

top topics

<< 1   >>

join