It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure: "So what about these alien abductions?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I was sitting here reading through some of John E. Macks research and a question popped into my head. If the government does provide evidence that alien beings are real, what are they going to tell people about alien abductions and cattle/animal mutilations.

I can just imagine everybody asking "so aliens are real, what about all the millions of people who report being taken against their will in the middle of the night? "
"What about all the stories of being poked and prodded and having things stuck up genitals?"
"Whats the fascination with our sexual organs?"
"Why are they barbarically butchering our animals and dropping them back down to earth after they have taken what they wanted"

And depending on how far down the rabbit hole you wanna go and who you are listening to at the moment. What about dimensions and parallel universes, their influence on our religions and history, and their crazy advanced machines????

This is why I have come to the conclusion that the government will never disclose any believable or truthful evidence of their existence. Because doing so opens up a whole can of worms, which frankly, I don't believe that 90% of the population can handle.
Which would make everyone and everything extremely hard to control.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Good questions. . .I never even thougt about that part. If the governemt were to finally admit that they're real, (aliens) how would that affect whether or not a rancher might be able to claim a loss for reimbursement. I mean, the police would charge individuals who were to ride around and shoot farm animals in the middle of the night. . .why wouldn't the government try to step in and try to stop abductions and mutilations?

Not quite sure just how they're be able to stop it, but does raise some interesting thoughts and questions. It's just after 5 am, am I supposed to actually think right now?

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Alien Abductions? I do not think anyone has EVER been abducted by an Alien.

Yes they have been reported but, vivid dreams and crazy people account for them
I would think.

Attention seekers is all I see. Sorry but I do not believe in Alien Abductions.
Many Psychologists have answers for this delusion.

Oh yeah, and never any proof. We are supposed to believe these people, take their word.

Im not in the business of believing anyone without actually undeniable proof on anything.

edit on 13/10/10 by MrRed because: spelling

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I think it would certainly open a can of worms. Thousands of folk would ask, "why wasn't I protected?" or "compensated?"

I'm not sure if I think that a cover-up was planned all along, or if it just grew to be what it is today. Maybe in the beginning TPTB just thought they'd look into phenomena secretly for a while, keeping it all hush-hush, then when that ball got rolling it couldn't stop.

Kinda like amalgam fillings. In the beginning they helped folk fill a hole. Now there are so many millions of mercury filled teeth around, and so many physical and mental ailments that COULD be connected to them, they could never admit that stuff is bad.

Keeping the lid on things would save THEM a lot of bother.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
First of all, you still need to know if the "abductions" are real. If they are (wich I dont belive they are) then yes, they would have a problem...

But then again, the goverment can do and say what they want. They can come and say "no one was abducted, but aliens are real", then you cant do anything to prove them wrong.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
You guys got a good point.

Here is some of what John E. Mack said the political, religious, and economic implications.

Government-
"For our own government and other governments around the world the abduction phenomenon presents a special problem. It is, after all, the business of government to protect its people, and for officials to acknowledge that, for strange beings from radar-defying craft to, in seeming defiance of the laws of gravity and space/time itself, invade our homes and abduct people would create particular problems. This may explain why government policy in relation to UFOs has been, from the beginning, so confusing, a kind of garbled mixture of denial and cover-up that only fuels conspiracy theories. "

Political-
"Politics, local, national, and international, is, after all, a game of power. We seek power to dominate, control, or influence a sphere of action. But the abduction phenomenon, by its demonstration that control is impossible, even absurd, and its capacity to reveal our wider identity in the universe, invites us to discover the meaning of our "power" in a deeper, spiritual sense."

Religion-
"There can be little place, especially within the Judeo-Christian tradition, for a variety of small but powerful homely beings who administer an odd mixture of trauma and transcendence without apparent regard for any established religious hierarchy or doctrine. It is one thing to acknowledge that "spirit" resides in the universe and "we are not alone." It is quite another for "spirit" to show up in such an odd and threatening form, created partially in our own image. At best, this would seem puzzling and difficult to integrate. At worst, to the polarizing perception of Christian dualism, these dark-eyed beings must seem to be the playmates of the Devil (Downing 1990). Eastern religious traditions, such as Tibetan Buddhism, which have always recognized a vast range of spirit entities in the cosmos, seem to have less difficulty accepting the actuality of the UFO abduction phenomenon than do the more dualistic monotheisms, which offer powerful resistance to acceptance."

—Abduction: Human Encounters with Aliens by John E. Mack.
ufoevidence.com

So you all know, I was hoping not to make this into a debate whether abductions happen or not. I'm not saying I believe that aliens abduct people although there is something funny going on here. I don't know to much about it just yet in all honesty. It was just a question

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

Well lets say the government does say "aliens are real, but abductions don't happen."

With all research,experiences, stories, etc...etc, we have today, we all argue day and night about whether it's real and it is a very persistent topic. Now just think about how much intense the debate would become. It would be the next big question that everyone is looking to answer.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SlyFox_79

I agree that no one knows for sure if abductions are real. there are some quiet good stories around. But yes, it would be really intense for sure. It would be a debate running all around the world.

Not only becouse of the abductions, but also the corn circles, video tapes, every single thing about aliens/UFO's

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrRed

I would think.

TrOlL aLeRt - either you haven't done your homework or your just a narrow minded member, either way your going to have to change your way sooner or later.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst
First of all, you still need to know if the "abductions" are real. If they are (wich I dont belive they are) then yes, they would have a problem...

But then again, the goverment can do and say what they want. They can come and say "no one was abducted, but aliens are real", then you cant do anything to prove them wrong.

Being an abductee myself....perhaps you should look at your own signature line....

Rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

Originally posted by MrRed

I would think.

TrOlL aLeRt - either you haven't done your homework or your just a narrow minded member, either way your going to have to change your way sooner or later.

I completely agree. I am an abductee going through a divorce, not one time during court did anyone say the abductions were not happening. The judge and lawyers on the other hand had us see psychologists. I saw one for about 8 hours total and he then testified in court for roughly 45 minutes on my behalf, stating that this appears to be a phenomena and he is now co-authoring a book with me.

So yes, you are correct. Psychologists do have answers for what we go through. During the court procedures I found many hypocrites. The lawyers "knowing" something is about to happen or seeing ghosts but they will not speak openly to the other sharks/lawyers about their experiences because they are worried about their reputations. They can believe some book that was written a couple of thousand years ago about numerous paranormal experiences but they cannot accept what has been testified to, corroborated, and video taped..... hypocrisy at its worst.

Rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Just hypothetically I'll think along ofcourse I couldn't answer on behalf of the government, what would I be thinking.

Originally posted by SlyFox_79
I was sitting here reading through some of John E. Macks research and a question popped into my head. If the government does provide evidence that alien beings are real, what are they going to tell people about alien abductions and cattle/animal mutilations.

I can just imagine everybody asking "so aliens are real, what about all the millions of people who report being taken against their will in the middle of the night? "

Maybe because the government was/is not able to prevent all abduction attempts and some got through, but didn't want to say anything because that would weaken those trying to prevent the attempts due to disbelief/anger of the public?

"What about all the stories of being poked and prodded and having things stuck up genitals?"

Seriously do you know how many people put all kinds of stuff in their genitals out of their free will and then post it on the internet for all to see?? Why can't the government censor or prevent that?

"Whats the fascination with our sexual organs?"

Many people consider those parts the most private and intimate, which would suggest the majority of the population identifies with their sexuality, instead of viewing their sexuality as a part of their individuality. If we are evolving it might be that it (starting from sexuality) is the most appropriate way out of a lot of less appriopriate ones. This is just our point of view, perhaps there is something at the core of our personality (before sexuality) which we have always taken for granted so we are not aware of it.

Ofcourse there are also lots of people who identify themselves as the brain rather than the genitals, or view the brain as the most intimate part of the self.

"Why are they barbarically butchering our animals and dropping them back down to earth after they have taken what they wanted"

Why didn't the farmer take better care of his animals? Why aren't there any video's about live kidnappings of cattle? Why can't it be humans who did it because they are nuts and simply wanted to # some dead meat or have some bizarre occult ritual, then blaming it on aliens?

I think any advanced race of beings would rather choose to just teleport some semen and eggs and go at it in their hightech laboratory.

And depending on how far down the rabbit hole you wanna go and who you are listening to at the moment. What about dimensions and parallel universes, their influence on our religions and history, and their crazy advanced machines????

You shouldn't go down any holes just dig it out.

Because doing so opens up a whole can of worms, which frankly, I don't believe that 90% of the population can handle.
Which would make everyone and everything extremely hard to control.

QFT, I think it is more like 30%-40% though which depends on how the information will be presented.

new topics

top topics

join