It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chile miners rescue: first five raised to surface

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Chile miners rescue: first five raised to surface

[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/southamerica/chile/8060837/Chile-miners-rescue-first-five-raised-to-surface.html]www.telegraph.co.uk[/u rl]

The first five of the 33 Chilean miners trapped half a mile underground have been raised successfully to the surface in a rescue operation that appeared to be running like clockwork.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
It is just amazing watching this as it happens...and watching the people as they exit the capsule...this is one of those rare good gtime human stories and i am watching number 7 come out at this point....

My prayers and best wishes go out to them all...the fellla coming out now is Jose Ojeda the one who wrote the note saying they were alive...he is a diabetic....lets hope.

[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/southamerica/chile/8060837/Chile-miners-rescue-first-five-raised-to-surface.html]www.telegraph.co.uk[/u rl]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/229c8e2835a4.jpg[/atsimg]

up from the depths of despair has never quite had such a true meaning

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6570af889dd7.jpg[/atsimg]

this is such a good news story...Three cheers to all the hard work involved in getting these men out safely....hip hip hooray...hip hip hooray...hip hip hooray....number 7 out of the hole.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
just watched the man who wrote this note be pulled from the capsule...at 10:26 GMT woooooohoooooo
what a site to see....this is humanity at it's best....lets not forget the compassion we as human being have for our fellow man....good news is the best news.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/77b2693bb8f4.jpg[/atsimg]

It is another moment when we can look at the kindness of people rather than looking at the awful side of life....

Congratulations to all the hard work as it has paid of in spades. We pray for the rest to come out safely.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
here is a photo of the rescue capsule that has been so successful so far....
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0cd79edff1f1.jpg[/atsimg]
And here is the first miner rescued
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a1d2f38bb0ab.jpg[/atsimg]
Lets allll celebrate this triumph for what it is....a complete show of how we as humans can come together to complete a task for a better cause.
This should represent what can be achieved for good...and stop concentrating on the forces of Evil what aim to derail the human compassion.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS they are being brought up one by one.
edit on 043131p://f48Wednesday by plube because: a small grammarical correction

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Watching it live. The most amazing thing I have ever seen. 8th man on his way.
This is a testament to the good that does exist in this world, to human endurance and endeavour.
Yay......!
Fingers crossed it all goes to plan.
Well done Chile - and all the international efforts that have gone into this.
edit on 13-10-2010 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Its truly beutiful! I love when these things happen, and see the smile and happiness. And see how they managed to help them so fast..

Hehe, did you hear about that the miners was fighting about who should go up as the last person? not becouse they wanted to come up first, but becouse they wanted to get in guiness record book! that's hillarius.

when the last person comes up, he is the person who has survived longest under earth = Guiness record book.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I've just read that they wont tell about what happend in the underground? What is all that about?

They have made a promise that they wont tell anything. They said that in letters to the families. I dont see why they cant talk about it?

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
So great to hear a good news story on TV, I keep thinking of the Rita McNeil song; Working Man, brings tears to your eyes.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

Who cares whether they talk about it or not, this is a great day in Chile and among their hundreds of millions of fans worldwide. I'm just glad they are all alive and are now being raised to top ground to be united with their loved ones.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I can't even begin to imagine the elation and relief these people can fel right now.
I know for sure that I'll have tears in my eyes watching this later on.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
This is so awesome to see on the news. Finally a news broadcast that doesn't make me want to hang myself through sheer misery.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Not only does it give me a sense of relief and pleasure in the fact that this rescure effort was successful, it's even more satisfying to see the news headlines cover a positive and upbeat event.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
just watched number 16 arrive...yesssssssssssssss
Apparently they have all agreed that all stories shal be told about what had happened and while they were underground and they have agreed to split all proceeds amongst them...so that is also really great news...they deserve to take it easy for the rest of their days.
And cudos to the effort on behalf of the chillean goverment and the International community...and lets hope no other goverments try to grandstand...Shame on you David Cameron.

edit on 113131p://f36Wednesday by plube because: added vid

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This is hardly breaking "alternative news".

It's mainstream news, covered in nauseating detail by all the major news networks at the moment.

While this is a good "feel good" story, I've turned off the news because they don't seem to be able to report on anything else today.

The real story here would be why is the world's media seemingly ignoring the circumstances that led to these miners being trapped underground in the first place?

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Wow it is breaking news and yes it is showing all day and i hope it doesn't stop till the last one comes out....is there something wrong with something good happening that it needs to be turned into something bad....let all of them get to the surface safely before we start to pick things apart...and it is about time the mainstream had something good.....these poor men sat there for the first 17 days berely have a hope or a prayer...man....if your only looking for bad news i am sure you will have no problem finding it.....just blink.
edit on 113131p://f20Wednesday by plube because: added an r

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I'm so glad that all have been brought out safely so far.
Watching it so far has been amazing.

I shed a tear at one point... was just amazing.

And the whole world can relate.

I hope they all get out ok.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

yes i have been watching everyone since the first guy was brought up and it just makes you feel so good that they are coming out safely....It reminds of when i was a kid sitting up all night watching the moon landings...and the first time when they put the cam down and you could see a mans face was incredible in itself....just getting ready to see Number 19 come Yessssssss....this has been a world grabbing story.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

Well It's just nice that the world is glued to their TV sets in a positive and hopeful way, rather than watching people being blown up and killed.

It has caught the attention of the world, everyone can relate.

Everyone's thoughts are with these people.... It's a beautiful feeling.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Mission acomplished. The 33 miners are out and fine, so damn healthy it's creepy.
Since my country don't have too much dates to celebrate, they're celebrating in the streets just for the joy of seeing this people free again.
I'm kinda happy for them, but I'm not going to celebrate in the street because it's too late!.

I just hope tv channels come back to normal, 2 days watching nonstop reports from the mine is somewhat boring

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join