It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who was Crucified?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Two thousand years ago, the place ascribed to Nazareth lay in a valley about four miles from the nearest town of Sepphoris. If at that time it harbored a community of people few signs remain, archeological excavations in the area have turned up some caves and a [few] pottery fragments, indicating that a small number of people had lived in the caves in that area but probably not for an extended period of time. Other than that, there is no evidence of a town or a bustling market place that existed during the era allotted to Jesus. That explains why neither the Hebrew writers of the day nor the Jewish historian Josephus, mentions the city in the volumes of historical work of that period. However, today a tourist will find many �modern� adaptations of �Nazareth� (designed and built for the tourist trade) of a place that according to historical records and archeological digs never existed.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The star of Bethlehem

Arise, [Israel] and shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you. For behold, darkness will cover the earth and deep darkness the people, but the Lord will rise upon you, and his glory will appear upon you. And nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising.
Isaiah 60:1-3

The three kings

A multitude of camels will cover you [Israel], the young camels of Midian and Ephah; all those from Sheba will come; they will bring gold and frankincense, and will bear good news of the praises of the Lord.
Isaiah 60:6
(Isaiah is speaking of the rising star of Israel, the Jewish people, not of the birth of Jesus. NT writers constructed their stories of the manger from the book of Isaiah)

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
For someone who claims that Jesus was a story fabricated by ETs, you've sure put a lot of effort into proving that he didn't really exist. Did the aliens show you these "conflicting/and or parallel" passages as well? Or was that all your own doing?

Now, I read the Bible about as often as I hammer a nail into my head, but even so, if I'd been told by aliens that Jesus was fictitious I'd be questioning it. What would be the point of them saying that? Really, I'm picturing it now -- "Hey, you know that one guy from a couple thousand years ago? The one that has brought both personal enlightenment as well as violent religious fervor to people all around the world? Yeah, isn't he great? Oh yeah, by the way, we made him up. GOTCHA! Take that, world!"

<< 1  2   >>

join