It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you expect from Extraterrestrials?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

The metalaws are an interesting read but theres a few issues surrounding the classification of intellect that im not sure about. I havent read the other yet because it looks like it will take a while and i cant bothered yet.

Good stuff though. I cant help think that these laws will go out the window when the first "starship" gets spotted and the Americans let rip with beam weapons.lol

Thats just me being cynical though.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
what would I like to gain from them?

If it is possible, I'd like them to cure
all my medical conditions. I don't
want to be young again as it was
hard enough the first time. But just
a better quality of life in my golden
years would be the ultimate gift.
As I could care less about wealth
or possessions.

Ohhhh !!!!
And if it's not to much trouble
can they throw in a luscious
submissive beautiful Alien female.
As I do hate to sit in my rocking chair
all by myself

edited to add:
though I do hope they don't request
my soul in return. As that is already
taken. Deals off in that case.
edit on 10/13/2010 by boondock-saint because: clarifying

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

While reading those meta laws I kept imagining a 6 year old telling me the rules of the house in which I live.
Of course they are well meaning but totally misplaced when applied to me, not to mention childish.

I assume the same is for sophisticated life out there, especially established unions between other races.
One of the laws said that if you are attacked the other race has the right to defend itself.

I couldn't help but imagine an alien replying to a human in a bewildering tone saying..."Why would someone attack another?"
lol looks like the laws are inappropriate when one lacks the knowledge required to build said laws to begin with.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

SO its the alien female that boondock wants?

Well I have enough trouble with the human variety of female I don't know if I can take the stress of a different species. Of course that's just because I'm easily enamored by pretty things especially if they talk sweet to me.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I expect them to lie. About what I am not sure, but I go off of how humans are. In my eyes advanced technology does not equal "good". Just call me a cynic

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I think, in a way, aliens are like humans and thus individually different.
So I can't really judge a whole species based off a few that I meet,
hopefully they're more ET than Mars Attacks/ Signs kind of aliens.
But just in case I have a water gun and a playlist of old country music.
edit on 10/13/10 by ohsnaptruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

The idea of a lying Alien is something that is missing from many of the ET talk out there, especially here on ATS.
We know humans are about as trustworthy as a pissed off scorpion in your pants, but what about the Alien?

Well Considering that some scientists have considered that intelligent life is measured by a level of morality and ethics as opposed to simple ability, and that to achieve great and advanced technology morals and ethics may have been placed on the back burner, it is probable that an alien species is quite the deceiver.

At the very least they have a different set of moral and ethical codes.
Then again the biggest problem is that we can see and in a way interact with one another but have no true way of communicating. Not unlike Humans and dolphins or chimps. Yes we can communicate in a way but we certainly can't share anything deeper than menial tasks and trivial subjects.

In that sense we may just have a block with each other in which we as humans can only say..."They just don't think like us." This will either cause them to become board with us, or perhaps view us as an animal level.

That being said however, I doubt anything above a class high two civilization would have anything to do with us.
Where we are concerned communication and understanding for us can IMO only be achieved if we are contacted by a civilization no more than a few hundred to perhaps 10,000 years more advanced than ourselves.

Anything beyond that and the differences become( like i said IMO) to vast, few and far between to have an effective communication.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ohsnaptruth

I heard ALL aliens have a incredible dislike if not hatred of Johnny Horton. Especially 1814 Colonel Jackson song.

Where water is concerned....Lets hope they are not Amphibious types.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I also should clarify, I shouldn't assert that they all could be liars, but just some of them could be. Maybe just one, who could tell? It has been said that these entities communicate through telepathy. What would a telepathic lie be like? I can imagine the deception could be a lot stronger since the thought would seem to be originating in the brain. Maybe some sort of defense could be used to combat deceptive telepathic lies? I wonder what that could be...

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Probably another form of telepathy.

Telepathic judo sounds kind of cool.
Perhaps brainwaves change when one is deceptive and a system could be constructed that blocks deceptive signals.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Hmmm wouldn't telepathy just be a form of "prayer"? Kind of like Inter-personal prayer? So could I actually out-pray someone? I'm getting a funny picture of a prayer battle in my head, right now.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Prayer battle..maybe.
Though to me as it stands throughout history this form of battle is probably most recognized as spiritual warfare by ancient peoples.

I wont go any farther into that though, as it delves into topics that are better explained in metaphysics, and mind.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join