It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Earth-Like Planet” Gliese 581g May NOT Actually Exist -Say What?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Article

Remember Gliese 581g, the Earth-like planet whose discovery scientists announced two weeks back, saying it could potentially sustain life? Bad news: Not only were the initial reports that “the chances for life on this planet are 100 percent” overblown; now, new data suggests that the planet may not actually exist....

Are these statements now being retracted because TPTB are trying to keep things under wrap? I'm beginning to become suspicious. The recently UN appointed "Space Ambassador" turned out to be B.S as well....or was it?
Is it possible that we're being tested by TPTB leaking this type of information to see how we'll react?

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

The statement is not being retracted. Its validity is being challenged. That's the way science works. You make a claim and you have to stand up to the challenges.

edit on 10/12/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

The statement is not being retracted. It's validity is being challenged. That's the way science works. You make a claim and you have to stand up to the challenges.

Hi Phage, it's been a while

I understand that this bold statement would attract a certain amount of scrutiny based on past history.

I just find it interesting that every time we take a step closer to "disclosure" and it draws massive attention, it's promptly retracted...or claimed false (ie. UN Space Ambassador)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It's just too bad it's validity isn't thoroughly challenged prior to it's mass media release.

But these days sensational news far outweighs truthful news.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
?Science that we have not mastered....? That seems to be the issue, there are discoveries based upon what we know but given that we know little in the grand scheme of things who is to say that it is fact or fiction......

Theory of relativity, quantum physics, and beyond... Human understanding (limited at best)...

Regardless of the issues from UFOs, global warming, planetary discoveries, or planets from outside our realm...

Who thinks they are qualified to answer the predictions, revelations, impact, gravity, religious, or any other variation of implication of this type of discovery??? Sorry, but no one on this forum or any other is qualified as an authority no matter their name or post count. Use as many educated words you like yet it makes no difference because you don't know any thing more than the rest of us regardless of how coy you're bravado requires you should be... Your knowledge of science is that of an infant, while not meant as an insult it is the truth,

There are many here that are respected for their opinions and perspectives on this site but then there is reality, there is science and there is what we don't know which is larger than any one or anything....... Let's put it this way, 99% of what the "experts" here thinks are scientific fact is complete nonsense....

The problem is us, rather it's the negative of us,

When we can look at the positive side or "glass half full" side of things we will progress,,,,

Hope we get it right....

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Don't be so naive.

Everyone knows the Illuminati had Gliese 581g destroyed on 10/10/10.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Forgive me if this seems like a silly question,
but but the source is of what reputability?

edit on 10/12/2010 by reticledc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by reticledc

Here is another source, with perhaps more credibility as well as detail.
www.universetoday.com...

It's pretty certain that HARPS researchers are quite such that Vogt's findings are in error.

edit on 10/12/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by reticledc

Forgive me if this seems like a silly question,
but but the source is of what reputability?

edit on 10/12/2010 by reticledc because: (no reason given)

There are several references available at this point. Here is another source Article

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The funny thing about this is...I believe that most recently, radio lab received strange laser signals from this star system. I wonder if somewhere (probably stolen by the government to decode) found some type of message confirming alien life and decided reel this fish back in? Either that or they finally figured out how they could finda new planet to rule after they leave in their spaceships in 2012...lol

new topics

top topics

join