It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge orders 'don't ask, don't tell' injunction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
SAN DIEGO – A federal judge issued a worldwide injunction Tuesday immediately stopping enforcement of the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy, suspending the 17-year-old ban on openly gay U.S. troops.

news.yahoo.com...

Not sure if this is a good idea, still many soldiers biased about serving with open homosexual troops. I served with quite a few when stationed in Alaska, but they were good soldiers nonetheless.
My opinion is as long as they can do their job, i dont care what one does behind closed doors
edit on 10/12/2010 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Hey Homer.

I wish I knew what this means in practice. Can a federal judge just do that? Order the military to do something? Or in this case stop doing something?

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I am not sure...I dont know if a civillian judge can block something the congress enacted...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Judges deal with laws!

"Don't ask, don't tell" is a policy in/of the military!

I didn't think a "policy" would come under a judges jurisdiction unless it actually broke the law.

If it does, then exactly just "HOW" does this "policy" of "Don't ask, don't tell" break the law?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Pentagon Says it will Comply with Ruling

The Defense Department's top lawyers have told troops that the military will comply with a court order to allow gays to serve openly. In the meantime, the Obama administration is about to ask the judge in the case to stay her order pending an appeal.

Obama is going to make a huge mistake with his supporters if he appeals this ruling.

top topics

join