Sick Of Paying Your Mortgage? You May Not Have To Pay!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Chinesis

excellent comments chinesis

you are spot on with regards to your knowledge of contract law

and that is what this boils down to

contract law

star for excellent points made

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

You must be one of the MOST misinformed people I've ever come across with regard
to this topic.

REALLY...so are we to assume that you used this process to null and void your mortgage? I hope you have, and that you are not a hypocrit.

-A contract in order to be lawfully binding MUST fully disclose ALL of the particulars...
-IF it does not, nor ever did the contract is void

I'm sure it is all disclosed...if you have failed to read the contract you signed...that is your fault.

Don't sign things you haven't read or understand.

Just another person trying to dodge their responsibility.

For everyone wondering what is wrong with our country...THIS IS IT...no personal responsibility anymore. Just blame someone else and look for a way out of your own bad decisions.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus23

excellent comments chinesis

you are spot on with regards to your knowledge of contract law

and that is what this boils down to

contract law

star for excellent points made

So I guess you have also used this process and now you are mortgage free and have a nice house....right?

I hope so.

Hell...the majority of loans are sold...I guess we all get free houses....YAY.

Good luck with you knowledge of "contract law" in court. It sounds good on a conspiracy site...but in reality it is just fantasy talk.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I do not have a house for free but I have been living in my current residence for over a year rent free

Wanna know how

My knowledge of "contract law"

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

Provide details.

Why would you not want to share this with everyone on ATS so everyone can live rent free.

Give exact details of how you are living rent free...stating "knowledge of contract law" isn't proving anything.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by phishfriar47

"Do you check out everything around you and how it comes to be a part of your life? Question everything, how your food is manufactured, where your gasoline comes from, where your taxes go, how they calculate the taxes you pay, how safe is your vehicle, do your children go to a good school, is there a child predator hiding among the little leauge spectators, what is the pollution like in your area, it would be literally impossible to satisfactorily research every aspect of our lives and be confident in our decision making choices."

Hi, and I will try to honestly answer your questions the best I can. I have sold/purchased a couple of properties by different types of contracts: CD on a lake property through a real estate agent and lawyer, we made monthly payments to a private party and sold it and made some on it, tried to buy a log home through a private party with their lawyer (didn't happen), sold our first house through a real estate agent and purchased our existing home through agent as well. At closing, the paperwork was explained, the monthly amount and property taxes, home owners insurance and what principal versus interest was explained. Yes, we refinanced twice when the property values were (in my opinion) inflated but hey, it was all good, right? Now, I couldn't sell my house for what it last appraised at. Yeah, it sucks but it's still my home and I'm gonna fulfill my obligation. Fortunately, we can still make the payments. I think alot of people got into the ARM's, which I didn't. Always did the fixed rate and last time refinanced was for a 15 yr fixed rate. So, in regards to my mortgage, I'm well aware and know what I'm paying and to whom, how much and when my last payment will be.

As to your other questions about do I know where my food comes from? Yeah, I grow most of my own except dairy/cheese, try to have lots of venison/pheasant/elk/walleye in the freezer, I do a check every six months on my state's sex offender registry...just in case to know if the few neighbors I have are okay. I keep a pretty careful watch on them and target practice in my back yard on a regular basis just to let it be heard. I think my Ford F250 is pretty safe to drive. I'm teaching my 15 yr old how to drive it. My '86 Monte Carlo is big and safe but won't let him drive that bad boy. As far as my kids' public school...not the best, not the worst...but can't afford private school and they need the socialization to learn how to deal with people they meet in real life, eventually. Try to supplement their education here and there, as I can. Do I know where my gasoline/diesel comes from? Yeah. Wish there was a better alternative easily available. As far as pollution in my area, I guess I'd be most concerned with the farmer's fertilizing their crops with heck knows what? Not sure on that one. How are my taxes calculated??? Income, state, property...You're talking to an English Major here....
I just do the best I can with the intelligence I've been given. Knowledge is power. Not so confident in all my choices in life but just do the best I can. And you know that is what I like about ATS...staying aware, being open. In my situation, I am okay with the deal I signed. Perhaps it's a different story for others. I get that.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Ok. I'm looking at my Note. Not for the first time, but to provide an accurate quote:

I understand that the Lender may transfer this Note. The Lender or anyone who takes this Note by transfer and who is entitled to receive payments under this note is called the "Note Holder".

If the Note is transferred, my name as "Borrower" remains on the note and my payments now go the the new "Note Holder". Seems pretty clear. I don't think I'd be willing to pay an attorney to fight it. I would lose.

And yup, there's my signature agreeing to those terms.
edit on 10/12/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I already have

If you choose not to read all of my posts then I cannot help that

But since you want to know I will tell

The original owner of the house defaulted on his loan a year ago and I knew him personally

My lease agreement was with HIM and not the BANK

So when the bank tried to put the property into foreclosure I did not respond to anything unless it was by certified mail

Of course I didn't tell the bank that I wasn't responding

I simply did not respond

Contacting the bank would be like entering into an agreement with them

"a contract" of sorts and it would have allowed them to start the foreclosure process

When the bank did get around to sending me a certified letter then I contacted them with my original lease agreement

My original lease agreement that was for a period of TWO years

with the original owner

not the bank

The bank MUST treat my original lease contract as valid

So the amount of my original rent was to be turned into a new lease contract

BUT I DO NOT PAY A CENT UNTIL A NEW CONTRACT IS SIGNED

because my original lease or "contract" if you will was not with the bank

The whole point is to make the bank do all of the foot work and never respond to anything unless it is by CERTIFIED MAIL

Oh yeah

and if someone is a renter on a foreclosed property with BOA then ask about the "cash for keys" program

cheers

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

You are only living rent free...because you are not honoring your contract with your friend.

This isn't screwing over the bank...it is screwing over your friend. And once your two years are up...you are out of there and the house is the banks.

You may be in a unique situation...but to act like anyone can do this is ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That's all fine, but how do you feel about for example when they sell the note it's not recorded and recording fees aren't paid to your county. Lets also assume that you live in a state where blank assignments are illegal and they didn't even bother putting who actually holds the note on your deed in trust and after the fact a signature by some MERS vice president who has fifty different signatures floating around on various documents shows up on the documents when you've lost your job because it went to China.
The banks have subverted over two hundred years of title and property law and deserve to pay whatever price necessary to un-fornicate this whole mess.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Here is some information on the cash for keys program

cash for keys

BTW

How am I screwing over my friend exactly

He defaulted on the loan and moved to the Dominican Republic before I stopped paying the rent

My situation is not unique

Check out the link

EVERYBODY check out the link

Cheers

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

It doesn't really matter how I feel about. The money comes out of my pocket, some goes to interest and some goes toward equity. I don't care who gets it. I agreed to the terms of the Note.

Other than that I have no idea what you are talking about. My obligations are not dependent upon who holds the Note. If I am unable to meet my obligations...that would be bad.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by jefwane

It doesn't really matter how I feel about. The money comes out of my pocket, some goes to interest and some goes toward equity. I don't care who gets it. I agreed to the terms of the Note.

Other than that I have no idea what you are talking about. My obligations are not dependent upon who holds the Note. If I am unable to meet my obligations...that would be bad.

Well said Phage.

It is as I stated earlier.

One most likely signed on the dotted line for the contract to be transferred to another party.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
OK let's say you pay your mortgage off and the mortgage bank sends you a piece of paper that says it's payed off.

If they can't produce the original loan documents how can they send you a piece of paper stating that the contract is payed off when they can't produce it?

Which calls your payed off mortgage into question.
edit on 12-10-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
OK let's say you pay your mortgage off and the mortgage bank sends you a piece of paper that says it's payed off.

If they can't produce the original loan documents how can they send you a piece of paper stating that the contract is payed off when they can't produce it?

And why in heavens name would you doubt that your mortgage isnt payed off if they send you a letter stating so?

If you run into any problems, simply produce the letter. LOL

Silly question overall

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by SpaDe_
This is great! I just sent in my information and will respond back here if I do in fact find out that my bank does not hold my mortgage. I hope this really makes the banks own up to the mess that they had a huge part in creating.

It's just a paperwork issue. The documents still exist. Over the weekend they were predicting if people trying to get out of paying back what they borrowed start taking advantage of this, it will delay the recovery by two more years, damaging the whole country and hurting everyone.

You borrowed the money and now you don't want to pay it back, but you want to keep the house you bought with it? They will dig up the original paperwork and when that happens, you will still owe the same plus even more interest and penalties. Will that really help you out? Your credit will be ruined. You won't even be able to lease a decent place to live without a good credit score.

This may buy you a year or so in a house you don't own or can't pay for, but what about the rest of your economic life?

That is actually the biggest lie going. Millions of people not paying their mortgage, means millions of paople spend it on something else. Allowing people to stiff the banks would mean an economic boom. It just wouldn't be very good for the banls and investors in securitizations.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

And you have heard of this happening....how many times???

I don't think this is a big issue right now...in fact I don't think it is an issue at all.

The only reason this is getting any attention because some houses being foreclosed on have gone through foreclosure before the bank actually had the note in hand...doesn't mean they never got the note...they just went ahead with the process before properly getting it.

There is no epidemic of missing mortgage notes...people need to calm down.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GOD HIMSELF

And why in heavens name would you doubt that your mortgage isnt payed off if they send you a letter stating so?

So all I have to do to prove my house is payed for is to produce a piece of paper stating that the loan is no longer valid?

Sounds simple enough.

Yes?

So what happens if I lose this piece of paper and it is called into question whether or not the mortgage is actually payed off?

This is exactlly how the collection industry works today.

They are counting on you to lose the documentation.

So turn the tables on them and make them eat thier own crap.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

So all I have to do to prove my house is payed for is to produce a piece of paper stating that the loan is no longer valid?

Sounds simple enough.

Yes?

So what happens if I lose this piece of paper and it is called into question whether or not the mortgage is actually payed off?

This is exactlly how the collection industry works today.

They are counting on you to lose the documentation.

So turn the tables on them and make them eat thier own crap.

Well then, I'd say you have poor record keeping.

Yes I know it's possible that people may lose documents in a catastrophe and so on.

But again, IF the BANK sent you the letter stating that your note has been paid off, why would a collection agency be after you on this?

The bank would also hand you the Title to your home without the Lien Holder on it.

So now, you have the letter AND the TITLE.

Can you lose both?
edit on 12-10-2010 by GOD HIMSELF because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

While the poster above me may be right, I am sure in all those documents that you signed, you gave away the right for the contract obligation to be sold to a 3rd party.

As for the website,...legit or not, it is easier just to call and get the info, then you really dont have to worry or..... worry.

I had to call for my parents mortgage a couple years back and got everything squared away for them.

Again, regardless of how the financial industry screwed the USA, it is best to continue to try paying, because, again, they will find it.

In the end, you will end up owing said amount, and of course, damage to your credit profile (if it isnt already damaged).

The thing is...is of course you signed a contract.
You signed a contract that gives you:

-XXX,XXX amount of money to be used for a property purchase...
-Since it is obvious that the way ALL BANKS conduct their business is fraudulent in nature

Anyone would begin to see the implications of what actually goes on once you sign.
Your signature created the value of the loan in the 1st place.
Banking 101 easily validates this fact because the accounting would NEVER be disclosed.

The point is: OFFER to pay!
However before you offer to settle the account as closed YOU, want the original
blue ink document which creates the obligation to pay...

Without it (a copy is a forgery and doesn't stand in court) how can a 3rd party
ASS-U-ME you have an obligation to repay them since THEY purchased the mortgage
loan/security, hence the orignal creditor sold it....

Without an obligation to pay...there is NOT an obligation to pay.
Why?

Because it HAD already been paid off.
(all without your consent)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join