It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Air Force's 'secret' space shuttle X-37B goes missing again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I couldnt find this is a search but please remove if its already been done.

I would love to know what the X-37B is all about, they dont seem overly concerned people are watching it in the skies, or creating interest with it dissapearing like this.

www.news.com.au...

What are peoples money on, a different orbit or has it landed ?

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SNAFU38

Maybe it went off to steal some other country's satellite.

ATS Discussion on the first time it activated its stealth mode.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
It's the second time it's gone missing. It costs $100 million, so it's difficult to understand how they can lose track of such an expensive "toy".
We don't even know the goal of their project. What is X-37B used for? Most probably it's a spy plane.

"Secret" Space Plane X-37B Is Missing Again!

The X-37B is a military project and its purpose remain unknown. Officials are maintaining silence on the craft's mission.

Rest of story here

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Maybe it landed in california on the 10-10-10

2nd line

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Hmm... why do i have the funny feeling that the thing is snooping around phobos??
I have had that feeling since it was first launched???

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
There is no way that NASA dont know where this is, after the first time they would of brought it back down and tried to figure out whats going wrong with it. Surveying Phobos isnt too far an exagerated theory, theres alot of interest in Phobos at the minute.

The X-37B would of cost billions and NASA certainly wouldnt want it randomly cruising around space, even to test its capabilities there will be a protocol to follow and this will include tracking it constantly. If it had genuinely gone missing TPTB would already be blaming Russia or China for its loss.......believe me when i say they know where it is.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
It hasn't gone "missing" they changed orbit so people can't find it according to this source anyway www.universetoday.com...
( sorry I can't quote site I'm on my mob )

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by zoomer72

it doesn't have the fuel required to get to phobos. it does however, have the capability of altering its orbit, making it difficult for ground observers to track.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

I'll quote it for you

The game between the United States Air Force and amateur satellite trackers continues: the unmanned X-37B space plane – a classified project of the Air Force – has changed orbit once again, leaving those that monitor the flyovers of the space plane scrambling to locate it once again.

Frome the universetoday website linked in wycky's post.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by toreishi
reply to post by zoomer72

it doesn't have the fuel required to get to phobos. it does however, have the capability of altering its orbit, making it difficult for ground observers to track.

Yeah might be, but who knows for sure what kind of propulsion system that thing has eventually?
something just feels funny about that craft
and its mission.
Cheers

edit on 10/14/2010 by zoomer72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I has found it.
Not that it ever went anywhere.

SPACE PLANE FOUND: The US Air Force's X-37B space plane, which disappeared last week, has been found again. Satellite watcher Greg Roberts sighted the secret mini-shuttle flying over Cape Town, South Africa, on Oct 12th. An analysis of the sighting by satellite expert Ted Molczan suggests that the X-37B has maneuvered into an orbit 54 km lower than before.

spaceweather.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
wow! that was a quick trip to phobos, wasn't it?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
"US Air Force's 'secret' space shuttle X-37B goes missing again"

Of course it did. Here's a not so surprising prediction....It will go missing every time we send it up

top topics

join