It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO - Oct 12, 2010 - Launceston, Australia - Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Decent quality video. City below is visible for comparison. Sighting occurred about 11.5 hrs ago. Towards the end, keep your eyes out for a little area just to the right and above the object lighting up as it pulses. Maybe a glare/lense flare, but looks like the light is illuminating a hidden part of the UFO to me. Here are the uploader's comments:

Tonight 12 October, approx 8.30 pm, I went to pick up son from a party and while I was sitting in the car waiting I looked over at the hill over the city and saw this thing above the horizon which is not very far from where I was sitting. I zoomed as much as I could an noticed this bright light just hanging above the top of the hill. This light did not move at first and then started to "throb" and brighten in intensity and appeared as though it was spinning around like a top.. Then after a couple of minutes it started to very slowly move to the left until eventually disappearing. A few minutes after that a plane flew over and it was not like this bright ball of light at all.. So I know it was not a plane..

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
wow thats a pretty good video, of course debunkers will come faster than the video finishes, but a pretty good video nevertheless... I really hope "they" show up tomorrow

Star and flag
edit on 12-10-2010 by Enter Ruin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tetsuo

This reminds me of another video that was shown on here recently and ultimately proved to be car lights as they drive down the side of a hill into the city. That is the first thing that came to mind for me, the fact that the light is so close to the horizon and seems to approach the city itself. Hopefully there will be a follow-up video, maybe a day-time video of the exact location in question.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tetsuo

Tetsuo.....

Upon reading the very brief report & viewing the video.....

I think it is a plane that is initially heading towards the camera. I believe I can see navigation lights flashing either side of the main landing light. You must look carefully in the second half of the video to see this.

The witness report is then concurrent with the plane turning......

Then after a couple of minutes it started to very slowly move to the left until eventually disappearing

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 12-10-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Additional info

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetsuo

Decent quality video. City below is visible for comparison. Sighting occurred about 11.5 hrs ago. Towards the end, keep your eyes out for a little area just to the right and above the object lighting up as it pulses. Maybe a glare/lense flare, but looks like the light is illuminating a hidden part of the UFO to me. Here are the uploader's comments:

Tonight 12 October, approx 8.30 pm, I went to pick up son from a party and while I was sitting in the car waiting I looked over at the hill over the city and saw this thing above the horizon which is not very far from where I was sitting. I zoomed as much as I could an noticed this bright light just hanging above the top of the hill. This light did not move at first and then started to "throb" and brighten in intensity and appeared as though it was spinning around like a top.. Then after a couple of minutes it started to very slowly move to the left until eventually disappearing. A few minutes after that a plane flew over and it was not like this bright ball of light at all.. So I know it was not a plane..

And no comments are allowed on the video...

So we cannot ask for the person to return to the exact same location, and film that area in daytime using the same camera, same zoom. Or even just say where it was filmed from and which direction, so we can look at the scene.

The flashing rate looks to be the same as that used by emergency services vehicles...

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

CHRLZ.....

You might have noticed my post (above).

I am certain the object is a plane on approach to Launceston Airport.

With a little info pertaining to direction & time, I'm sure that could be verified.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/519451b933a7.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tetsuo

Having lived near Launceston and now living close by, i have seen this many times and been excited many times until i realised it was always a plane on approach to Launceston airport.

You can see the planes approaching from Melbourne a long way off, the throbbing a combination of their lights on the wings with there big front light.

Yesterday's sky had a few low clouds. The "ufo" probably disappeared into these before emerging as a plane " a few minutes later "

Bugger, hate to debunk, but sadly this is so !

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
idk but it looks like their pretty bussy in there...

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I sent her a message:

Hi there, M. I have posted a link to your video on a discussion forum called AboveTopSecret.com. It's free to register an account and make comments and posts, and we are discussing your video at this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Feel free to join in on the discussion. If you could allow comments on the video of the UFO, that would be sweet. Or just message back to me and I can post your comments for you. We'd love your input! Things that would be good to know as we analyze this case are:
- the direction you were facing when filming
- the apparent direction of movement of the UFO
- if there was any sound or noise produced by it
- if you see an airplane from this area of town, would you normally hear the noise?
- if you know of any other witnesses who can confirm that this was a strange object
- approximately where you were when filming, what direction the airport is in relative to where you were (very possible its an airplane flying towards you and then banking to its right)
- how the sighting ended (did the light disappear by fading out, but staying in the same place? did you have to go and just stopped filming? did the light zoom off in another direction and disappear by moving too far away to see?)
- could you see any shape besides that it was a glowing sphere of light?

Any additional info you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for sharing!

I agree, the frequency of the lights pulsating and the movement looks like an airplane. I have a question for anybody who might know, kinda related to this sighting: I know airplanes have certain lights they must have turned on or flashing when flying about as per regulations. I saw something which looked similar to this; it was a yellowish orb moving slowly across the sky, but not pulsating or twinkling. There was only one light visible - the yellowish one. Very bright light. All of a sudden, the yellow light turned off and the normal airplane lights turned on and it wasn't suspicious any longer
Do planes do this often?

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by CHRLZ

CHRLZ.....

You might have noticed my post (above).

I am certain the object is a plane on approach to Launceston Airport.

With a little info pertaining to direction & time, I'm sure that could be verified.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/519451b933a7.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

You maybe correct.. But I am willing to entertain the fact that it might not be a plane simply because of the very large variation in brightness, as the light 'oscillates'. Normally, landing lights will be dim, then very bright when fully facing the observer, and then fade as the aircraft peels off. Navigation lights tend be significantly dimmer, and have a very definite fast 'flash', being strobes. On this one, the 'throbbing' effect is somewhat slower, but it could be a camera/sensor/processing issue, and maybe the plane has brighter than normal strobes, and dimmer than normal landing lights...

Anyway, as I tend to repeat - the 'big one' won't be a single uncorroborated report of a distant, indistinguishable light that looks vaguely like an aircraft/chopper/ambulance on a hill...

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I have seen this in the UK, i didnt know what to make of it, could of been a plane... i dont know, it only pulsated red.. no other lights.. it flew in a straight line across the horizon.. and was going about the speed of a plane.

The only thing that made me think it was a UFO was the one red pulsating light, what plane could this be?

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetsuo
I agree, the frequency of the lights pulsating and the movement looks like an airplane. I have a question for anybody who might know, kinda related to this sighting: I know airplanes have certain lights they must have turned on or flashing when flying about as per regulations. I saw something which looked similar to this; it was a yellowish orb moving slowly across the sky, but not pulsating or twinkling. There was only one light visible - the yellowish one. Very bright light. All of a sudden, the yellow light turned off and the normal airplane lights turned on and it wasn't suspicious any longer
Do planes do this often?

Yup. Landing lights can be turned on or off at any time, they are very bright and will overwhelm the strobes if the aircraft is facing you. I've seen them turned on/off when aircraft are not on approach - we should ask weedwhacker over to explain why a pilot might do that..

And many (esp. older) planes use standard incandescent globes for their landing lights, which look a bit yellowish compared to the latest bluish hi-tech lighting.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

CHRLZ.....

...a distant, indistinguishable light that looks vaguely like an aircraft/chopper/ambulance on a hill...

Hmmm......

Maybe..... but probably not!

Perhaps our Launceston "friend" (above) can help with a little direction & terrain info.

I wonder.....is this our first Tasmanian orby blinky?

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tetsuo

As exciting as these are to witness, these are getting pretty boring to watch (all part of the desensitizing and conditioning currently underway).
I was watching TV earlier and there were two UFO-alien commercials on within moments of one another. One for the Energizer batteries and another for a toy (or food?) I think. So children are totally immune to this paradigm.

We're getting so used to these blinking blips, it stirs little to no more excitement.
Way to go PTB!!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It's a helicopter with a search light on. Easy.

That's the problem with night time "UFO" videos. They're ALWAYS fake --100% of the time.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
^^
If the viewing angle is right, a couple strobing lights and one constant light could easily create a pulsating/throbbing effect. In this video, towards the end, it appears as though the object is rotating, like it is an orb of rotating light w/ a vertical division/dark line:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tetsuo

Sorry folks, what you are seeing is most definitely an airplane on final approach to an airfield. You can see the nav lights if you look carefully at the footage. I see that every night where I live since am on the final leg for landing aircraft and the light are the same. I mean yes the person filming says she saw another plane come in right after but unless the that airfield only allows one type of aircraft than all planes unless the same make and model have different landing lights.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

100% , dinky di, absolutely positively certain...its a plane.

Like i said i have seen it many times here. ( in and around Launceston)

The planes approach Launceston from Melbourne and can be seen a long way off and when they are coming you have a front on view for a long time. Hence you see the big front light on the plane.And in combination with the wing lights that flash, the effect is like in the video, that the light is throbbing.

when the plane turns , you quickly realise it is a plane. The front light is less visable and the wing lights stand out for what they are. If the plane disappeared last night,12/10/2010, there was a lot of low cloud, by the time it reappeared the effect of the approach in the distance would have been lost.

Like I said i hate to rule out any other possibility, but i have seen the exact same thing in the same place too many times to entertain the idea that it is anything else.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tetsuo

If this was a plane, it must have stayed at this angle for a long time. You can see the other dimmer light in the top right at two different times.
edit on 12-10-2010 by splint because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
MMN is "certain" it's a plane!
surprise!

Niice video.

I see planes from all directions every night and none of them ever appear to be rotating like that. lol

I am "almost" certain it is not a plane.

See how that works?

I'm intelligent enough to understand that I cannot 'know for 'certain".

Give it up man.

Thanks OP.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join