It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the Best Music Software for Value and Content?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
To be honest it depends what music your making,

Yup. If all you're going to use is VSTI's and maybe some outboard synths or drum machines, FL, Live, Acid Pro, and even Reason (now that the sampling feature has been added, which is pure awesomeness, by the way ) will work perfectly and sound great.

Once you start working with vocals and other instruments that have to be miked, though, you're gonna need a more comprehensive DAW.

That's pretty cool about the Soundforge recording. I've used it for mastering and in-depth editing of .wav's, but never thought about it as a DAW. That's crazy.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Reconciler

Listened to your music, think its awesome, just wanted to let you know. I'm really into that new beat plugin from fruity loops "Gross Beat".

Just used that with ableton and came up with this. Pretty much a live jam still havn't cleaned it up. Real guitar and bass. The drums are just one basic drum beat thrown into gross beat and spit back out. Mastered with izotope.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Me too, it s a great program for editing and mastering, but couldn't imagine doing a whole track on it.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I would say that Mixcraft 5 will give you most bang for the buck at $74.99

Check it out and read the forum and search the net about people using it!

www.acoustica.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Another possibility if money is an issue is buy a cheapish audio interface which you may need anyway and look for one that comes with either abelton live lite or cubase le which most do.
These are a lite version of the full software but are still very good although if your just venturing into music production they may be difficult to get to grips with.

Personally you cannot go wrong with reason and is much more user friendly than say cubase or logic.

cm

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
i forgot to mention , check out Computer music magazine.
Every month they have a cover dvd and they have a whole studio on the disc with a ton of free virtual instruments and effects. Its thanks to this magazine that i'm making music at all. It covers all the basics. For £7 you can get everything on one dvd that you'll need and it'll give you a great start.
Should be in your local newsagents every month.
They also give away a ton of samples / sound content on the dvds. You really can't go wrong with this =)

edit -- thanks a lot mayabong. Glad you connect with it =)
edit on 17-10-2010 by Reconciler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Reconciler

Thats good advice I subscribe to both Computer Music and Future Music, both of which are great if you are getting into music production, Computer music has its own studio and both mags provide decent samples and some great educational material. I like watching the Future Music videos. This is one of my favorite tracks by Alan Braxe.

not much gear used.

You can watch all the future music videos on you tube, there's loads of different artists. Just have to put up with an advert at the begining of each vid.
edit on 18-10-2010 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join