It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunman Cites Glenn Beck as Inspiration for Plot Against ACLU & Tides

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

In a jailhouse confession, a California man has admitted it was Fox News host Glenn Beck who inspired him to plot the assassination of employees of the ACLU and the Tides Foundation. Byron Williams made national headlines in July, when he was arrested after he opened fire on California Highway Patrol officers.

Byron Williams: "I would have never started watching Fox News if it wasn’t for the fact that Beck was on there. And it was the things that he did, it was the things he exposed, that blew my mind. I said, 'Well, nobody does this.' ...Beck will never say anything about a conspiracy, will never

Democracy Now

I suppose this sort of thing will occur more and more as the political pundits whip us up into a frenzy before the Nov. elections. Let's all try to keep our heads.

No, I'm not suggesting that Beck is culpable for the actions of his viewers, at least not legally. However, I think this event does call into question journalistic integrity or rather, the lack thereof within the ranks of the Fox "News".

I'm defintely interested in what ATS members think about this....

Blarney

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Well Glen Beck is the Messiah and has the same amount of legitimacy as the Westboro Baptist Church.

-----

Anyway, no surprise. I haven't watched him in months and his endless rhetoric can sneak it's way into one's psyche. A man who preaches fear teaches HATE.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

This kind of thing is bound to happen when people with a platform resort to hyperbole and emotional talking points. As Mr Beck spends his week, flown across country, for the best healthcare that money can buy... I wonder if he'll even understand the message that this fact is sending him?

Beck is getting rich off of inciting people into an artificial fury and if he doesn't temper his message this kind of thing is going to happen again. And again. And again.

It's time to put this rhetoric behind us and address the real issues instead of turning this country into a polarized, class based war zone.

Shame on you Glen Beck.

~Heff

new topics

join