It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perpetual machines....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Yes .. continue to bash it with no evidence or scientific explanation alex ...

To get a patent - your machine has to do everything that you claim it does when you apply for the patent. Look at what this machine claims to do in its patents that were granted.
It is very very interesting to say the least!!

claims for US patent 5,502,354:

We claim:

1. A pulse generator comprising a cold cathode vacuum discharge tube having an anode and a cathode enclosed within an evacuated housing, wherein the cathode has an extended surface facing the anode and the cathode is capable of auto-electronic emissions under abnormal glow discharge conditions, which emissions have an extinction potential substantially higher than the sustaining potential of a vacuum arc discharge in the same tube, said discharge tube being connected in an external circuit comprising a continuous direct current source connected between the anode and the cathode, the external circuit being capable of delivering a potential sufficient to initiate auto-electronic emissions, and sufficient current at sufficient potential to drive said tube into a negative resistance region of abnormal glow discharge, the external circuit having an impedance sufficient that, as the tube is driven into said negative resistance region, potential between the anode and the cathode collapses below said extinction potential before a vacuum arc is established, whereby an endogenous cyclical pulsed abnormal glow discharge (PAGD) will occur, the cathode being of sufficiently robust construction to enable it to withstand sustained PAGD and erosion resulting therefrom without disruption or substantial thermionic emission, the surface of the cathode facing the anode being of a metal and having an area which promotes auto-electronic emission at much lower currents than predicted by the Fowler-Nordheim field emission theory, and the minimum separation of the cathode from the anode being at least about 2 cm.

2. A pulse generator according to claim 1, wherein the housing has an axis, and the tube further comprises:

a substantially pure tungsten probe disposed along the axis within the housing, the probe extending through a hermetic seal in a wall of the housing;

first and second electrodes disposed within the housing on opposite sides of the probe, the electrodes being suspended in parallel relationship and spaced apart by a minimum distance of 2 cm;

each electrode being respectively connected to an electrical lead which passes through a hermetic seal in a wall of the housing, at least one of said electrodes forming a cathode, and either the probe or the other electrode forming an anode.

3. A pulse generator according to claim 1, wherein the housing has an axis, and retains a residual gas atmosphere; and the tube further comprises:

a probe disposed along the axis within the housing;

first and second electrodes disposed within the housing on opposite sides of the probe, the electrodes being in parallel relationship and separated by a distance of at least 3 cm;

electrically conductive means for respectively connecting the electrodes exterior to the housing to form the anode and the cathode;

and means for making an electrical connection with the probe from outside the housing.

4. A pulse generator as claimed in claim 3, wherein the probe comprises a first and second probe element arranged in a coaxial spaced-apart relationship, the first and second probe elements being spaced apart at least 2 cm.

5. A pulse generator as claimed in claim 1, wherein at least the cathode is a plate having an extended surface area facing the anode, and of at least about 0.5 mm thickness.

6. A pulse generator as claimed in claim 1, wherein the cathode is formed from aluminum or its alloys, tungsten, nickel and its alloys, zinc, iron or silver.

7. A pulse generator as claimed in claim 1, wherein both the anode and cathode are symmetrical and formed from the same metal.

8. A pulse generator as claimed in claim 1, wherein the anode is formed from tungsten.

9. A pulse generator as claimed in claim 1, wherein the tube is evacuated to at least 10 Torr.

10. A pulse generator as claimed in claim 1, wherein the tube is evacuated to at least 1 Torr.

11. A pulse generator as claimed in claim 1, wherein the housing encloses a residual gas atmosphere selected from argon, krypton, helium, neon, an inert gas mixture, air, oxygen, hydrogen and nitrogen.

12. A pulse generator as claimed in claim 1, wherein the tube has multiple cathodes.

13. A pulse generator as claimed in claim 12, wherein the cathodes are arranged symmetrically relative to a common anode.

14. A pulse generator as claimed in claim 1, wherein the cathode has an area of at least 64 sq. cm.

15. A pulse generator as claimed in claim 1, wherein the surface of the cathode facing the anode is a curved surface coaxial with the anode, which is rod-like.

16. A pulse generator as claimed in claim 1, wherein the cathode is planar.

17. A pulse generator as claimed in claim 1, wherein the tube has an anode to cathode spacing of at least 3.5 cm.

18. A method of operating a cold cathode vacuum discharge tube in a pulse generator, the tube having a metallic cathode with extended surface area facing an anode and spaced therefrom sufficiently to allow a plasma eruption from the cathode associated with an abnormal glow discharge to occur without reaching the anode to form a continuous vacuum arc discharge channel, the area and metal of the cathode being selected to promote low field emission at much lower current densities than predicted by the Fowler-Nordheim vacuum arc discharge region law, while withstanding repeated abnormal glow discharges without substantial thermionic emission, connecting a circuit including a continuous direct current source between the anode and the cathode, the source having an open circuit potential and initial current capacity sufficient to initiate an abnormal glow discharge from the cathode and drive the discharge tube into a negative resistance region of abnormal glow discharge, and an impedance sufficient to ensure that the potential across the tube falls below that necessary to sustain the abnormal glow discharge before a vacuum arc discharge can be established.

[edit on 28-6-2004 by OLMGITNHFTWS]

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Deranged thoughts:
for moving things about it would be desirable to elimate friction -> the universe becomes a completely slippery place. Application of friction as a source of initiating motion and occasionally for steering. Now imagine if you will the ability to grasp or use the quantum foam as a friction device. You could walk up into space and walk out on the void of space. Then if you could turn it back off you could glide free. Wouldn't that be cool jumping, running, spinning and tumbling in bare space with only a thin spacesuit? The Universe becomes your playground.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
OLMGITNHFTWS just thought you would like this

www.aetherometry.com/cat-abrimedia.html

it's a quicktime movie of the PAGD in action

looks cool

[edit on 23-9-2004 by Viper85]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I don't think such a thing exists, but I'm sure there's much cheaper ways to harness energy that we are not aware of.

The energy we get from dams is somewhat free, but the cost of maintaining the equipment and the lines to get it to you is where they get you, not to mention all the fish we kill.

The grid is obsolete, but there's too much money involved to let you get off it.

[edit on 29-6-2004 by outsider]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Cool -- thanx Viper

You could very well be right outsider. People need to be aware that there are alternatives.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viendin
I've seen the glass things, my science teacher has two or three, but I don't have him anymore school's out. They are positively bitching though.

As for the Magnetic engine - THAT FREAKING WORKS? I THOUGHT I INVENTED IT!!! Yeah, I explained the concept of perpetual motion and the concept of magnetically driven engines that run automatically for about 400 years until the magnets expire, unless you recharge them to a friend - He thought that was pretty cool, and together we came up with a magnificently more efficient design than that one you displayed. Think of it more like a fan than a wheel, and think of the fan's blades being more or less S shaped, so that North always faces one direction and South another. Same principle, but more efficient, and mine is geared to work like a turbine. Considering that we could start with natural magnets, we could produce other magnets with the generated electricity over time, and I think it would be a great way to get energy going. Of course, there is the possibility that the magnet will somehow find an equilibrium - that one you showed, is there a working one yet built? I had planned to make one during my university years, as well as another that uses curves and velocity to outmatch gravity, then uses those curves to toss a certain speed creating velocity, which swings through a tube into a curve, hits a 'conveyor', magnetically held, which throws the next ball, tossing the next and the next, assuming it was done in the right gravity and with the proper curve in a vacuum, I think it'd work, but it needs calculus for the right curving, and for minimal friction there is needed some complicated metalwork and magnetic creation involved and required.

While not truly perpetual, they're making use of the massive store of energy we already have available - and they'll do it for an incredible amount of time. These things should really be investigated more.

Uh... wouldn't work. When magnets create current they also create an opposing force so it balances out. It can't spin by itself.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The Patent Office does not allow any more submissions of "perpetual motion" machines because they never work. Yes, they have allowed such things in the past, but that doesnt mean that it worked.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I agree on many of the things and ideas that u bring up, but one major question that still lies is how come they havent manufactured such a machine....Maybe i didnt read ur posts correctly, but u say that these ideas work, yet they are based on unresearched laws.
So they have patents, but why havent we been using these machines???.....If they have patents that means they have blueprints, which means they've figured it out. Well where is it???...

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Great question! I wonder the same thing. Honestly one of the problems is that it is "impossible". As AlexKennedy pointed out - this type of thing has been an endless source for investment scams. Notice one of the first things he thinks is "Don't invest your money in this unless you can afford to lose it!." Also imagine how hard it might be to gather investors for an idea that, once established, nobody can really make money off of. In all actuallity this invention would keep a LOT of people from making a LOT of money. This is just my humble opinion as to why it isnt getting made. Im sure there are more arguments for and against, but this is what I got so far.

Jade Falcon - I don't think this is actually patented as a perpetual motion machine -- It could be set up to resemble one, however if you get down to the technicalities of perpetual motion - I don't think it is one. And it doesnt exactly claim to be. I guess an "over-unity system" is more applicable.

p.s. LuDaCrIs - Luv the avatar! Jimi Rulez!

[edit on 30-6-2004 by OLMGITNHFTWS]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join