It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Completely Plays Dirty Disgusting With Ron Paul

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Part 1

Part 2

This was fairly cheap, MSNBC is quickly becoming a mockery of it's former self.

Anyhow, I thought that I would post this disgusting piece of nastiness here and see what people thought, also because I know some people may disagree with his stance on private ownership.

He makes an excellent point, how can you promote Govt. telling private businesses how to run their business but be against govt. telling people what to do and not do in their bedroom?

If I go to an all-girls gym but they didn't allow me to enter the gym because I am male does that mean Govt. needs to get invovled?

Everything got twisted in this joke of an interview.

Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Lawrence O'Donnell is a criminal statist.

There really isn't much more that needs to be said.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I don't watch much TV, but I actually saw this last night -

I really thought it was a piss poor interview - the interviewers attitude was way too aggressive -

missed opportunity

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
"Everything got twisted in this joke of an interview." No No No that was not a interview ..Ron Paul showed class with someone who was only trying to make him look bad ..Sad sad .....peace

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Well, this is hilarious to say the least. Ron Paul seems like a decent man trying his best not to flip out and explain, in detail, why the interviewer is a nonsensical, cash cow piece of garbage. My favorite is in clip one: Ron Paul kind of perplexed by the man's stupidity and inability to comprehend what is going on "well...uh, well I just explained it to you in detail."

MSNBC, fire this douche bag....oh wait, you don't care about legitimate, intelligent and unbiased reporting.

All this coming from a man who does not support the tea party as a whole. The leadership and constituents are far too unorganized for my liking. In my humble opinion, supporting candidates simply because they run on a "tea party" ticket would lead to the same idiocy that has infected our bipartisan government. I would, however, support Ron Paul in any office he chose to run for. The man has proven time and time again that he is calm, collected and serious about restoring individual rights and sanity. He may not have all the answers, but he would be the first to admit it. There was an interview years ago (I'll try to hunt it down) where Paul states straight up "I don't have the answers to all these complicated questions. A man elected to this position is not required to have all the answers, in fact, it is his job to surround himself with people who can help to find resolutions to these problems. Americans look to politicians for solutions when it should in fact operate in reverse. A leader needs to have understanding, a solid point from which to advise the public. The leaders, however, should look to the governed for the solution."

I have paraphrased that, but it was the one quote that actually made the hairs on my neck stand tall. A potential candidate for the POTUS seeking to empower the general public? That is becoming a rarity.
edit on 12-10-2010 by Use your brain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm not an American, but I really liked the way Ron Paul responded to O'Donnell. Namely sticking to his views and explaining them well without getting pulled into semantics.

I also feel the questions were OBVIOUSLY (I mean come on...) set up to make Ron Paul look bad.

The best way to describe this wasted interview is "disrespectful" and quite un-American.

Sadly I feel that's more and more the case these days and it pains me to watch.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Lawrence O'Donnell's show is all but unwatchable. Then again, very few shows on MSM are. A couple of years ago I might have watched this kind of "news and opinion" show to get a lot of my information on current events. But once I dug a little deeper, and found out the sad truth about PR/propaganda, and how short of a leash these reporters really have, I now only watch this stuff to see what is NOT being reported on. Then I get my real news elsewhere. Right now, I see a total of two shows on MSM that are actually giving the folks some solid news and opinion, albeit they can only go so far lest they lose their jobs. Napolitano on law, and Ratigan on financials. Beck occasionally will stumble upon some good stuff, a'la his report on the Fabian Society, but he's just a clown when it comes down to it. The rest are political partisan hacks, corporate shills, or Mockingbird disinfo agents.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I would find it incredibly difficult, being interviewed in the same room as this particular journalist, to not physically remove the smirk from his face.

really, I shouldn't have even called him a journalist; he's a tool.
edit on 10/12/2010 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Ron Paul always makes me happy when he gets fired up.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

wow, playing a guy off his own kid. msnbc is becoming classless.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I have a few screen shots in which one of the state media agencies has Paul with a caption 'PSYCHO TALK' under his face. I am looking for the shots. I don't know how to load images on ats; it may not be possible with my browser configuration.

Paul never seizes the opportunity to put the mail in the box, when he is on the air. It's as if he is beholden to zionists, if only through fear, and the certain knowledge of what they can do to him. I don't know if he's putting his hat in the ring for purposes of dilution, hope, or what? I see no reason why he can't let it rip. Question the involvement of high profile jews on 911 etc.... It's not like it can get any worse than this, can it? Psycho talk. I'd go somewhat ballistic.

edit on 12-10-2010 by starless and bible black because: spelling

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Use your brain
MSNBC, fire this douche bag....oh wait, you don't care about legitimate, intelligent and unbiased reporting.

He'll get a raise and a bonus, job well done. I believe vast majority of undecided voters now have very negative view of Ron Paul after this interview. In there eyes he is officially a hating racist Nazi villain fighting against Captain America or something like that.

I've watched political debates all my life, from very young age and know exactly when a politician is losing. But it's not Ron's fault, in these ridiculous biased pre-determined quick-chat 15 minute debates you can only "win" if they want you to.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

No need for name calling.

Honestly, the majority of cable news is pointless anyway. I don't think of this as a wasted opportunity for enlightenment but more a wasted opportunity for rational discourse.

It's sad that one of the best interviewers on television is the one that headlines the 'fake' news (Jon Stewart) and another one has to do his interviews through an assumed personality (Stephen Colbert).

Though I do think Maddow has her moments as a journalist, most of them on the major networks could be swapped out for each other and I wouldn't notice

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Unless your name is Obama, Reid or Pelosi, MSNBC will do whatever it takes to insult or take a person down but who cares anyway, nobody watches the pathetic channel.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
What a mockery of an interview. My favorite part was the end.. "Please come back and let's do more of this" Ron Paul "Well.. Good luck, good luck.." while laughing and waving his hand at him

Poor Ron Paul, he's always so misrepresented in interviews.. I always get goosebumps when I hear him speak.. Head and shoulders above 99% of the other "politicians" out there- his policy is based in reality and he actually responds in debates in a truthful manner without shying from the topic. I hope he decides to run again, we could really use someone truly intelligent and honest, with pure intentions, in the White House (at least the option is nice)
edit on 12-10-2010 by Circular Universe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah Johnson

MSNBC is actually not that partisan. They ignore their own narrative sometimes.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
MSNBC is actually not that partisan.

MSNBC is insanely partisan like there is no tomorrow
it is not only very partisan but in the top 2 of the most biased news station in the U.S.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Modern academia is correct. While MSNBC may certainly come across as unbiased on occasion, they are indeed the closest thing to a liberal FOX news that exists. Sadly, organizations such as CNN walk away as being one of the least biased of all MSM outlets. That is saying something considering CNN has a steep slant in its reporting as well. People rip on the Stewart/Colbert combo, but as liberal as they can be at times, they offer equal criticism of both sides. What does it say about the U.S.' "news" corporations when comedians (albeit intelligent ones) offer some of the least biased and most sensible political reporting.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
is ANYONE surprised by this?

Even the GOP poops all over Paul. Even FOX does, the majority of the time. When both sides of the cin poop on you, you must be making some good points they dont want anyone hearing.

Reminds me of how Rudy 911 laughed at Paul during the debates, and the teevee's cut him off.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Circular Universe
What a mockery of an interview. My favorite part was the end.. "Please come back and let's do more of this" Ron Paul "Well.. Good luck, good luck.." while laughing and waving his hand at him

Poor Ron Paul, he's always so misrepresented in interviews.. I always get goosebumps when I hear him speak.. Head and shoulders above 99% of the other "politicians" out there- his policy is based in reality and he actually responds in debates in a truthful manner without shying from the topic. I hope he decides to run again, we could really use someone truly intelligent and honest, with pure intentions, in the White House (at least the option is nice)
edit on 12-10-2010 by Circular Universe because: (no reason given)

Exactly true. It seems like all the MSM got together and said, "OK, we'll make Fox look conservative republican and MSNBC look liberal democrat. Then, when people watch CNN, they'll assume that they are getting unbiased coverage." Of course, when you really look closely at CNN you can see the NWO agenda they are pushing. Mostly, by the lack of coverage of certain topics, but often how they try to sell unpopular legislation like used car salesmen.

I wrote in Ron Paul in 2008 and I'll do it again in 2012 if no one better runs.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join