It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So the Dr. insists I have had blunt force trauma but that is not so

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Wow, sounds awful, did you have a headache too? I feel very weak and just kind of nervous and over reactive when I lay down, like its going to happen again or in the other eye. it is scary because I have so much responsibility for those around me. Thankyou for sharing, I hope like you this will be a one time thing. I am sorry it happened to you, and am feeling like it could be in some way a healing process in the making as it must have been for you. Did yours look like mine?

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Oh my, you are so wise and intuitive, at least I pray you are right. what a supportive post, you seem like a cyber Angel to me. everything you said makes perfect sense and in my higher knowing , a reminder somehow. Tomorrow a 9 am appt. with optomitrist, and then to the healthfood store to get some stuff you reccomend. you are right, that I do push health for those around me, to the extreme sometimes, and yet, I do not always follow the same or make sure I have some too. limited funds and expensive health products you know?

your'e a comfort and a catalyst for good energy.

namaste.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

i was just wondering if you took any medecine prior to your reaction, it looks to me like what i used to get from using Advil witch i was allergic to.
my symptoms would disappear and then come back randomly becoming worse every time.
in my case my eyelids would swell up so much i could barely open my eyes and felt like i was going to pass out, even called 911 because i thought i was going to have a hearth attack. After figuring out that advil was what i was allergic to i never had this reaction.

so to make a long story short it could be an allergic reaction to something you ingested or in your surroundings.

I do understand your fear and pain and hope you find the source of your problem, i am no doctor but i will do what i can to try to help

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Well, as I lay 'resting' it seems to be traveling over into the bridge of my nose. I feel pressure in my sinus area, and am in chills. Ill take another pic. soon, just feel week and not good.

Everything in your face is connected. IF you got hit in the eye from something...the bruising and swelling will probably move around a bit. And don't be alarmed if you sneeze or blow your nose and something swells up (eye, nose, sinus, etc.)

I would say the weak and not good feeling is coming from the stress of you worrying that this is something really bad. Stress can produce real physical symptoms...remember that.

But most of all...listen to your doctors...if you don't trust them...go get a 2nd opinion (or 3rd or 4th). I'm only relating to you things I have experienced from getting hit in the eye and be super stressed out...not trying to diagnos anything.
edit on 13-10-2010 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by lee anoma

Wow, sounds awful, did you have a headache too? I feel very weak and just kind of nervous and over reactive when I lay down, like its going to happen again or in the other eye. it is scary because I have so much responsibility for those around me.

I didn't have a headache, it just suddenly happened without warning.
One minute I am getting ready for work and the next, people at work are saying I look like I got punched by Mike Tyson.

I was upset because I didn't fully understand the source.
I wasn't bitten, and hadn't eaten a thing yet. I've never had an allergy attack that would cause such a thing.

There were however many things going on in other levels of my consciousness so I assumed it may have been connected.

I am sorry it happened to you, and am feeling like it could be in some way a healing process in the making as it must have been for you.

Oh I think so.

The person that said they sense you are protected, I absolutely agree with that. I've always sensed that about you for some reason. That and a lot of positive energy. I think you are blessed, though I am not even sure why.

Did yours look like mine?

Very similar.

Like I had suddenly been punched, but by the end of the day it had gone almost back to normal.
I didn't have any permanent damage.

It was a very strange experience that the doctors chalked up to a possible allergic reaction.
No one was really sure.

- Lee

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Listen, CALL your regular family physician or GP on their "emergency" number.

Also, stop taking any and all aspirin!

If you are on prescribed blood thinners, call the prescribing doctor's emergency number.

There are hereditary "things" and many other "things" this could be.

I say "things" so I don't jump over that imaginery line called "practicing without a licence".

Trust your instinct, if you KNOW you weren't punched; get a SECOND opinion and ASAP!
edit on 13/10/2010 by Trexter Ziam because: I don't have spellcheck

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Ok, so looks like I have an occular tumor. willl go for mri confirmation in next day or two, and then off to see a surgeon...

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

While I'm surprised they are working to rule out an ocular tumor first, I very relieved you have gone for another opinion!

We wish you the best of luck, prayers from the devout and positive healing energies from the rest of us who care.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Ok, so looks like I have an occular tumor. will go for mri confirmation in next day or two, and then off to see a surgeon...

My thoughts will be with you, as will those of many others here.
I'm glad that it's been diagnosed so fast. May they be equally prompt in healing it for you.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The skin under the eyebrow is much like the skin under the elbow in that it does not register pain so good - not so much nerves there eh.

Try pinching it and you will see what I mean.

Perhaps OP sustained an injury while asleep but did not notice it because of the location. I doubt it was aliens.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

The bruising of your eyelid is definitely from blood leaking into your skin. The causes include rupture of blood vessels most likely the size of arterioles or venules (in between artery/vein and capillary size), an embolic event which is like a very small clot that got stuck there, or leaking blood from the vessels due to edema/swelling of the area from an allergic reaction (most likely from contact dermatitis caused by plant or chemical) or from a coagulation disorder...

The rupture of the blood vessels would most likely occur from blunt trauma or shearing force (like rubbing or scraping the eye). Based on your history, this is a likely possibility as you were asleep when the problem was developing and it could have been self-inflicted injury.

The embolism possibility seems highly unlikely as there is probably no cause as you don't really complain of other symptoms that may have done this (i.e., chest pain/flutters/palpitations/shortness of breath/anxiety [atrial fibrillation, pulmonary embolism], calf pain or thigh pain [DVT], etc.)

Leaking blood from edema seems a likely cause as you sound like you had contact dermatitis around the area of the affected eye. The scratches, itching, rash, swelling prior (if I read your history correctly) was definitely contact dermatitis and I've seen delayed bruising from this cause, especially in the face due to the fascial planes, several times before. I wouldn't think a coagulation disorder would be a cause as you didn't mention spontaneously bleeding gums, unexplained bruising, or frequent and heavy nosebleeds.

Also, more than one factor could have been causative, rather than one explanation... I'd probably guess the contact dermatitis combined with a shearing force like rubbing the eye while asleep. I hope this helps and of course, if you aren't getting better or having further problems, consult your primary care provider.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I just read that you were diagnosed with an ocular tumor after I posted the reply to your original post and I do hope everything goes well. Please update us on your progress. I wouldn't have suspected that as the cause as it is an unusual presentation until after conservative treatment failed.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Antar,

Sending good thoughts your way.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I was looking through the WATS index and this caught my attention

Firstly I want to extend my sympathies

That is an awful thing to have happen but I feel like you will make it through okay

My instinct says one of two things:

Aneurysm or an allergic reaction

I am not an MD

However I did spend a year in chiropractic school and they made us take all the same classes as an MD and I can not see how they would tell you blunt force trauma
especially since you have no memory of it and you remember falling asleep and waking up

I would seriously get a second opinion on the blunt force trauma

If you have no outward signs of blunt force trauma then I am very skeptical at the docs who examined you

I will keep up with this thread because I want to hear when you are okay

All my best

Josephus

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
okay sorry

i just saw the ocular tumor

you will make it

all my best a million times over

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Well not only is your eye bad but you are feeling bad otherwise with chills, weak. I would suggest you go to a different hospital ER if possible and tell them you want an MRI! I hope you feel better soon, please keep us informed, will be thinking of you!

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Sorry I did not see the post that you were diagnosed with a tumor. Get well soon!

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Well, that was not ruled out. It was my eye Drs oppinion after close to 3 hours worth of testing. well you know how Drs offices can be...

He said he will personally call me in the next day or two with the appointment for an MRI to get a better look at what we are dealing with, he said it looks benign, but that is a concern of mine, how can he tell? Anyway I go for that in the next day or so and then he will set me up with a surgeon after that, I will be checking him out before I ever drive the 95 mile round trip to see this Dr. yes I live in the boonies for the most part.

Anyway, goodnight all and thank you for your love and support, this is just unreal to me, I am so healthy otherwise.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I too sense that you are being protected. No need to worry, trust that everything will be alright.
Remember, our thoughts are very powerful things! So stay positive, my friend.

Keep us updated, you'll be in our thoughts.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I have nothing more to add about your situation,just wanted to say,you have very pretty eyes(assuming the other one is the same)!

I hope everything turns out okay.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join