It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not really a rant but more of a question. (question to mods too.)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Lately it seems some of the new members ( those about a month old and newer) have been very lax or simply seem to be ignoring the T and C's. It has been a several months since I joined, so I can't remember if I had to read them first and click "I agree" to join or not.

I do remember reading everything Sauron sent linked in my intro post, though.
And I know that not every member makes an intro post, so maybe they don't receive all those links from Sauron then.

With so many recently joined members insulting others and name calling I have started to wonder (giving them benefit of the doubt) if maybe they just don't know the T and C's.

Do members have to read and "agree" with the rules before allowed to join?
Or maybe with the recent ATS 2010 changes, is that maybe temporarily not the case?

Like I said in the title, it's not really a rant, but I figured anywhere else I posted it, it would get moved here anyway....

edit on 10/12/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Are there any newer members who could tell me if they had to read and agree with the Terms and Conditions when they joined?

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Are there any newer members who could tell me if they had to read and agree with the Terms and Conditions when they joined?

Yes I read all the T and Cs and do my best to abide by them
I agree echanging insults is counter productive

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Is that something you had to do before joining, or did you read them on your own? If the latter, kudos.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Is that something you had to do before joining, or did you read them on your own? If the latter, kudos.

Yes I read them before as I thought it important to know what I was getting into so to speak.
Also I followed the guidlines which were almost immediatly posted by a Mod on my introduction post.
I find the Mods more than fair and very helpfull with advise when I have asked for clarification to my enquiries.
I have unfortunately had posts removed but this was my mistake and I realised the errors I had made.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
One more thing I would like to say is - That I like this site because of the T and Cs.
On most every other discussion site outrageous insults/remarks are allowed to stand.

edit on 12-10-2010 by artistpoet because: typos

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Thanks for your replies. I wasn't sure whether a person could read the T&C's before joining or not. Were they required to read or just available to you to read before you joined?

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Thanks for your replies. I wasn't sure whether a person could read the T&C's before joining or not. Were they required to read or just available to you to read before you joined?

I hope I am not getting confused and giving the wrong info but I am sure I did read before signing up but I would wait for a Mod for total clarification.
I had looked at this site for a while before signing up so may have seen the T and Cs on others posts.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Thanks. Like I said in my OP, I am really just curious if some of the new members just simply don't know or maybe they just "scrolled to the bottom" and hit agree or what.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Thanks. Like I said in my OP, I am really just curious if some of the new members just simply don't know or maybe they just "scrolled to the bottom" and hit agree or what.

I am certain what you say does occur.
But when T and C are over ridden the Mods usually deal with it pretty quick
As do long term members when they point these things out to posters
I cant see how this is avoidable as some (a very few) have their own agendas.
I await to see what any Mod may add to this thread

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I think you hit the nail on the head in saying that a FEW members have their own agendas, and they don't care what the T&C's are.
I guess I am also trying to give the benefit of the doubt otherwise in thinking that possibly they just don't know.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Well, you don't "have" to read them, but you have to agree to them. I'm not a new member (been here since 2006), but this is a new account I am using. It made me agree to the T&C prior to registration.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I think you hit the nail on the head in saying that a FEW members have their own agendas, and they don't care what the T&C's are.
I guess I am also trying to give the benefit of the doubt otherwise in thinking that possibly they just don't know.

I understand what you imply.
In a way everybody has got an agenda - It could be to ensurre fair play - It could be to discuss relevant and interesting topics. It could be many things including negatives also.
A lot of people are coming from lots of places both pyhsically and mentality.
I dont know what this site was like before I joined.
So can not speak of that - I guess I try see it for what it is -
Its a great observation post to observe people and their thoughts on a good range of subjects.
I feel I have learnt about people on this forum which is as interesting as subject matter to me.
It also helps me to improve my communication skills or hope it has.
But I ramble and do get what you are saying
And yes I am sure that some never bother to read the T and Cs

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

wow
yeah I agree with all that.
I've learned more here than just the info on different forum subject for sure.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

Case closed. Thanks friend, you answered my question. Now what should I wonder?

top topics

join