I want Newt to run for POTUS.
(NOTE .. I didn’t say WIN .. I said RUN)
Recently, Newt Gingrich stated that he’d run for POTUS in 2012 if he thought the country needed him. (which translated means .. if his ego thinks
he can win). This is a great example of American political madness at its best. Or should I say, worst? Either way, this is why I hope he DOES
1 – He won’t win. Which, of course, is good for America, but it would also be good for HIS ego to get smacked upside the head with a reality
check. It would be good for him to run and not to win. So for his own sake and his own growth as a human, I hope he runs so he can lose.
2 – If he runs, he won’t win, then he’ll be gone and we won’t have to hear from him anymore. Many presidential wannabes who don’t win go
off and lick their wounds deep in the woods and aren’t heard from again for a very long time. Some try to get involved and look like they are the
leaders of their party, but reality soon hits ‘em and they quiet down or disappear from the public eye. Newt has gotten into a sour mood and sulked
previously when his feelings got hurt. I wouldn’t be surprised if he did it again.
3 – Think of all the fodder the late night TV hosts will have for their monologues not to mention the talking heads and political pundits. He’ll
keep all these folks employed for a long time. It’s good for the economy!
Their fodder –
- Said of his first wife “she isn’t pretty enough to be a president’s wife’
- While his first wife was in the hospital for her 3rd cancer surgery, he shows up to discuss divorce.
- Allegations of being a deadbeat dad and avoiding support payments.
- His second wife said ‘I don’t want him to be president and I don’t think he should be’.
- Callista Bisek – adultery with woman 23 years younger all the while dis’n Clinton about Lewinsky.
- Avoided Vietnam with student deferment and marriage at 19 to his math teacher.
- GOPAC - obtained taxpayer subsidies for his personal and political goals, by misusing tax-exempt groups.
– House banking scandal and Newts bounced checks. 22 I think I remember. If he can’t handle those finances how’s he going to fix the finances
of the USA?
- Paid bribe .. uh .. I mean fine …of $300,000 for misleading the ethics committee during an investigation of his mishandling of GOPAC funds.
- Clinton snubbed him at Rabins funeral so Newt countered with a government shutdown.
- His crowning achievement – ‘Contract with America’ .. didn’t exactly work out. Some good ideas. But he couldn’t make it happen.
- Endorses anyone with an “R” after their name, even if that person is more of a democrat then the democrat they are running against. It’s all
about PARTY for him.
- Says he doesn’t want wide open borders and is against amnesty but supports a ‘guest worker’ program. He thinks after the guest worker permit
is up that those folks will just get on a plane or bus and go home on their own.
- “Water boarding is not torture.” He says. Oh really? Wanna’ give it a try, Newt? Sure it’s provided intelligence and saved lives, but
let’s call it what it is and not be afraid to do so. It’s torture.
- Favors permitting prayer in public schools. Well .. there is a difference between permitting it and having it. Permitting is just fine and dandy.
Having organized prayer is flat out wrong. Whose prayers would we use? Baptist? Catholic? Muslim? Hindu? Bah!
- He says “"This is not a war on terrorism. Terrorism is an activity. This is a struggle with radical Islamists in both their militant and their
stealth form.” Sorry Newt. That’s wrong. It’s a war on terrorism. It’s a war against an idea – the idea being Islam is bent on taking
over the world. It’s not a war with ‘radical Islamists’. Sure, they are part of it. But that’s not all the war really is.
- Against Cap and Trade. Okay… it’s probably the one stand of his that fully makes sense.
About Newt -
Senior Fellow at American Enterprise Institute – Supposedly nonpartisan, it really mirrors the Bush43 administration and it’s thought process.
Not exactly popular and doesn’t give me the warm fuzzies, ya’ know?
Founder – American Solutions for Winning the Future. Sounds great. But it has gone off in the direction of drill baby drill. I agree with drill
baby drill .. but that seems to be all they really are instead of what he says it is; a group seeking solutions to America’s political problems.
Newt Quotes for Late Night and talking head pundits fodder –
“The idea that a congressman would be tainted by accepting money from a private industry or private sources is essentially a socialist
“We are all human and we all goof. Do things that may be wrong, but do something”
“I’ve raised so much money over the years from so many different people .. I don’t owe anyone anything”
“I'm not a natural leader. I'm too intellectual; I'm too abstract; I think too much.”
“You can't trust anybody with power.” - I agree but this is going to bite him if he runs.
And finally, my favorite Newt- quote fodder ….
“If the Soviet empire still existed, I’d be terrified. The fact is, we can afford a fairly ignorant presidency now.”
I know the Newt fans will have a few things to say. They'll post quotes that show how smart he is or more info. That’s great. Bring it on. He
HAS had some intelligent things to say. But what I’m saying is that there is enough fodder in the other direction that the press, the pundits, and
the comedians (not to mention the left wing MSM) will have a field day.
So ya’ll see why I hope he runs. Think of all the great ATS threads we’d have!! Oh the fun!!
I say .. RUN NEWT RUN!
edit on 10/12/2010 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)