It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Dream of Heaven on Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
We were like children playing. Remember how it was to be a child and play? We could play house, doctor, cops and robbers, or cowboys and Indians, each taking their turn on playing a role and changing the rules as we went along. As a child remember we did not check the qualifications of the doctor, there was no degree program, nobody to pay, and nobody to monitor. WE made the rules. Then we switched games as it pleased us when we got bored. If the rules were not fair to someone playing we changed the rules so the person was happy playing the game. The goal was to keep playing and if we did not change the rules our friends would not want to play anymore. As a child we held no grudge against another for wanting the rules changed to be fair, we simply stated what was wrong with the rules and made a new rule.

In my dream we were on earth just as it is now. We got up in the morning and played games. Some people liked to play that they designed buildings, others wanted to act like politicians, some wanted to design some product to give to others, even some wanted to create cause some mischief and there were those that wanted to play police and hunt these mischief makers down. In this dream, all people of the world played games with how they wanted to live their life. When the mischief maker was caught, we all laughed and they were released, to try a different tactic. When our paths crossed and the interactions between each other were unfair we stated so much and an agreement was found between us. We simply changed the rules of the game to make it fair. After all, what fun would be playing a game if the rules were not fair or rigged in favor of one person?

When I awoke from the dream it stayed with me for quite a while. Didn't Jesus say that heaven was within us and that we had to be like a child to enter it? What if life was a big hologram of sorts, and we started off playing this game, but then got so wrapped up in the game we forgot the purpose of the game. We started to believe the game was how it was supposed to be, we became adults and believed this game was all there was. Others began to realize they could control others if they made them forget the purpose, and slowly we became slaves to a system we in fact made without even being aware we made it.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Brilliant and insightful dream.
I had forgotten this aspect of being young and playing games.
I feel this life is an illusion in the respect you mentioned.
Yes one day we will awaken and see things as they truly are
Life should be fun thanks for your post

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

I thought so too. Thanks for the feedback. Does anyone else remember being a child and the games we played without any grudges being held against others, even when we lost?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
dont you just love those dreams that feel like they've changed your perspective on life? thats a very interesting way of looking at it. im not sure if jesus said we have to act like children to get into heaven or not...maybe he did. but i can see what you mean when you say that. to be as innocent as a child is the most pure i think we'll ever be and to be totally pure is a golden ticket. i remember when all my parents had to get me for my birthday or christmas was a couple g.i. joes and my imagination would last me day in and out.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dowhatyoufear3

That is right! A couple of GI Joes would last me days upon months of entertainment. Now as an adult a new toy last all of a week in entertainment, and if it is a really good toy only serves as a status symbol to others. I want to play like a child plays again. To go to work and actually have fun. I want to dream big dreams and practice playing the part, even where society says I have no chance at success. I want to live my life the fullest and highest vision. Most importantly I want some playmates to play with that will not chastise or make fun of my visions of the future. I want to see the smiles on others faces, and feel relaxed in life.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

the part that saddens me the most is everyday we get older i feel like i slip further away from that child like innocence...if i could only find a way to get back to that

new topics

top topics

join