It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Man Trying to Board Flight With Loaded Gun Arrested at Southern California Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
While several incidents of passengers forgetting they had weapons on their person or in their luggage have happened before, this particular incident triggers little bells for me, in that the accused seems to be of Arab descent. 65 year old Ali Reza Khatami had a .38-caliber handgun and a six-inch knife with him Thursday when he attempted to catch a Chicago-bound plane from John Wayne Airport in California. The weapons were noticed during a routine x-ray check. Khatami has a criminal record but authorities declined to provide details. He is currently being held without bail.

Man Trying to Board Flight With Loaded Gun Arrested at Southern California Airport
"We have no reason to believe this is terrorism-related, but there's going to be an ongoing investigation," Amormino said. "He's not on any terrorist watch list or a person of interest - not until now."

"It's absolute stupidity to bring anything into the airport that could even be perceived as a weapon," Orange County Sheriff Mike Carona said. "The war on terrorism isn't over, which is why we're so vigilant."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Okay, when they come out in two days and say that this was not terrorist related and all that stuff they always come out with two days later...please remember I did a pre-emptive B.S. call on them, ok?

I mean, really, you might forget you're packing heat, but how's he going to explain that AND a beheading knife???

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
my paranoid mind is taking over, since i have a feeling that this and other incidents in the past few days, including the Turkey bombings are a trial run for something bigger. I also have the feeling that the midwest, Chicago is still high on the possible target list for the terrorists.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I am completely phreaking out over this one. I had an odd dream this morning.

I had gotten up a half hour before my alarm usually goes off. So I got back into bed and watched the news for a little bit. I dozed back off while I was watching it.
At that time I had a dream.
I dreamt that my boss met up with me in the parking lot at work.
She said to me, "A plane went missing out of John Wayne airport"
And then I woke up. That was it.

I have never heard of a John Wayne airport before then. I didn't even know if their really was one.
When I got to work I googled it and found out there was. That just made me a little leary. Thought I would keep my eyes open for any stories about it in the near future. And now... here is one.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Why would they do something like that, absolutely no one in the right mind would think that our countrie's security system would be that off-balance, I mean he came on with a LOADED GUN, what use would anyone have with a loaded gun on an airplane for this case?

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Valhall, you have my advance vote for the best BS detector at ATS. Dubious distinction, eh?

Falco3957
Sad to say, there still are instances where airport security turns out to be lax; luckily this wasn't one of them. Can you imagine the catastrophe that could be caused at O'Hare in Chicago? The world's busiest airport.

worldwatcher, please keep this thread updated if you hear of any further developments. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   

SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) - A man pleaded not guilty Monday to knowingly attempting to board a plane with a loaded handgun, folding knife, and 10 syringes in his carry-on bag.
Ali Reza Khatami, 65, was arrested June 24 when the .38-caliber pistol and 3.5-inch knife were found during a security screening, Assistant U.S. Attorney Greg Staples said. He had been preparing to board a United Airlines flight to Reagan National Airport in Washington, D.C.

www.sacbee.com

new topics

top topics

join