It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The greatest car AMC never made AMX-2 and AMX 3 prototypes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Wow, this was one nice looking car

from wiki:

Widely considered as the best AMC design of all time,[citation needed] a third-generation AMX concept car, the AMX/3, debuted at the 1970 Chicago Auto Show. Engine-less and fashioned in fiberglass, the original AMC/3 prototype was a show car only.
American Motors placed an order for 30 operational cars.[44] The AMX/3 body mold was sent to Italian GT maker Giotto Bizzarrini, whose Turin facility hand made drivable mid-engined, steel bodied cars. Built on a 105.3-inch (2,675 mm) wheelbase, the Bizzarrini prototypes used the AMC 390 cu in (6.4 L) V8 and an Italian OTO Melara four-speed transaxle. Road testing was done by BMW, which declared the AMX/3's chassis one of the stiffest and most neutral handling they had ever tested.[citation needed]
The steel Italian cars differed from the original AMC design in having fewer but functional rear decklid louvers, louvered hoods, and, in some cases, hood scoops to direct fresh air into the heating-A/C system.
Five completed cars were produced before the US$2,000,000 program was cancelled. Escalating costs and pending bumper regulations put a stop to the mid-engined AMX/3.[44] The remaining extra parts were used to assemble a sixth car.[44]

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Have to say I have never seen that car. It is a beauty.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Nice. Gotta love an AMC. I want a 70 Rebel The Machine. Have you seen the concept 66 AMX?
www.conceptcarz.com...

I also got an article laying around somewhere that has a 70? AMX. Factory sidepipes rumble seat ext. The car still survives today

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
nice

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Those were one of the sharpest cars made but AMC made another sweet ride. I have had 3.

The AMC Eagle. Basically a car with a jeep drive train. They were 4 wheel drive and had HUGE ground clearance. I can say from experience that they are hard little cars to stop and will go through or over about anything.

I don't know how to post videos but you can you tube search the AMC Eagle and there are some really cool videos.

The SX4 was the sportiest and coolest in my opinion

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
what a beauty.

reminds me of a detomaso pantera

top topics

join