It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the date today?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Depends. Depends on whether you use a lunar calendar or a solar calendar or an observation only calendar. I'm going to use the 'google' search tool on this site to determine the date today. There are some tricks to this but the main thing is that I want it to line up with my ordinary wall calendar. In other words I want to be able to tell by using the 'google' search tool what date a thread was actually started.

Sounds simple but wait. When I searched on a topic and found it, it had a date of Aug. 10, 2010. I knew that this date was wrong because the thread I was searching for was about an event that didn't happen until Oct. 6, 2010. It wasn't a prediction thread; just a simple reporting an event type of thing. Why did it say Aug. 10, 2010?

In the original thread the date was listed as 8/10/2010. This is DAY/MONTH/YEAR. Using the 'google' search tool this date becomes Aug. 10, 2010. This is MONTH/DAY/YEAR. OK...so far so good. The 'google' search tool program takes the date and twists it to become transposed. This is easy to overcome - I'll just wait a few days until 10/10/2010 and see what happens with that.

Now what happens is that there is no real way to twist this date. 10/10/2010 in the 'google' search tool becomes Oct. 10, 2010 and nothing else. So now I know that if I create a thread on 1/1 or 2/2 or 3/3 or 4/4 or 5/5 or 6/6 or 7/7 or 8/8 etc. it's going to come out right when I use the 'google' search tool.

What happens if I use the date 11/10/2010 - DAY/MONTH/YEAR? Here is a surprise. The 'google' search tool doesn't give this thread any date at all. It just lists it without a date. Why is that? It's because the 'google' search tool will not twist dates to create future dates. If it did the same thing with this date as with the other dates it would give it as Nov. 10, 2010 - a month into the future. This would send up a red flag so this is not done. The very sophisticated program realizes that this would create anxiety over the truthfulness of the entire system.

Now what happens if something is dated 13/10/2010 - DAY/MONTH/YEAR? Here is a program dilemma. How to twist this date because there is no 13th month? Again, a surprise - the 'google' search tool lists this date as Oct. 13, 2010. What a relief that is. That means that any thread posted on the 13th of the month or later will have a correct date on a thread pulled up using the 'google' search tool.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Are you sure it's not a case of there being a difference between American and English dates? The month and the day are reversed across the pond from America. 7/10/10 is July 10th in America, and it's October 7th over there. If it spelled out the names of the months then what I'm saying would not apply, in which case, all apologies

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

No apologies needed. I, too, knew that about the dates and had even read several explanations for this error using that as an excuse. Never really flew with me because that is an easy fix and has been going on the whole time I've been here through various updates etc. Further, there are some dates it doesn't happen with, the dates that would put the thread into the future. To answer your question: when you create a thread on the ATS site it's all numbers in day/month/year order. It's self populating. When you search for the thread using the 'google' search tool it spells out the month.

new topics

join