It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

~~Movies that SEEMED (in hindsight) to be TOO close to the REAL DEAL~~

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Destination Moon (1950) is pretty eerie. It's boring, but very similar to the Apollo moon landings. Google it for some screenshots.

In literature, there's "The Titan". Written years before the Titanic disaster, it is so eerily similar to what actually happened, as to be almost supernatural. (large luxury liner hits an iceberg, etc.).

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

In literature, all time weirdness for me will be Debt of Honor & Executive Orders by Tom Clancy. Just way too similar to 9/11 and then the anthrax scare.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I was just looking, and though the ship was called "The Titan" in the author's story, the book was called "Futility"

Here are some of the coincidences: (the story was written in 1898, the tragedy was in 1912)

Names (Titan/Titanic)
Location - North Atlantic
Cause - Iceberg collision, speed, too few lifeboats
When - April, at night (both the book and the event)
Both touted as the largest ship of the time and termed "unsinkable", and luxury liners, with important people aboard
Length - 800 (real eerie coincidence)
Weight - (45,000 / 46,328) talk about close!
Horsepower (40,000 / 45,000)
Propellers - 3 for both

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Hmm....what about "Horton Hears A Who."

Let your mind simmer on that one for a few

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I can not even look or hear the president speak without thinking of this movie.

I can imagine his alien handlers telling him,"if another black person asks you why you talk so strangely and know so little about blacks,tell them you are from Hawaii.After you are elected president,you will insure that the only country that is a threat to us militarily will be a bunch of fat,passive peace loving drug users."

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/87cc0b6db666.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Another great one i watched last night is Abyss. The end scene is absolutely nuts.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I will have to read that book.
I am an epic reader...
that is way too strange... thanks for sharing.
I know the topic is movies, but books also can be used as well.
It is weird, isn't it, the amount of coincidental similarities in these events?
In my OP I talked about the move Enemy of the State. No one really commented on that... I would like to know anyone else's thoughts on that movie, as it truly was the Patriot Act, in movie script. Also Jon Voight's character's birthdate was September 11. How strange is that? I still get weirded out by the movie. It is hard to watch.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

That's a good point, about the Patriot Act...and yeah, I can see the similarity there. Eagle Eye has a lot of the same vibe, but from the Big Brother angle.

I tend to think Gattica has got a lot of elements of future truth to it, unfortunately.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join