It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

~~Movies that SEEMED (in hindsight) to be TOO close to the REAL DEAL~~

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Hey all-

Been thinking about this, recently, especially after screening some movies after being cooped up with a cold...

There are quite a few movies out there, in my humble opinion, that seemed almost freakishly prophetic to real events.
I thought it would be interesting and fun to get everyone to post their favorites and theories of movies on this.

In fact, perhaps a "soft disclosure" if you will, a testing of the people... does anyone else think this as well?

A way to see just how the American public would react to such things?

One movie that really, really stands out to me and I have never been able to watch again without feeling a distinct sense of the creeps is Enemy of the State with Will Smith- 1998.

It pretty much is the prediction of the Patriot Act. However, it vilifies the people who are trying to pass the so-called bad legislation of the pseudo "patriot act". And the most chilling and weird coincidence of all that I can't shake off is that Jon Voight's character's birthdate on his passport shown in the movie is September 11.

Another is The Rock. Sean Connery's character is held pretty much in custody illegally like what people will be if S. 3081, Enemy Belligerent, Interrogation, Detention, and Prosecution Act of 2010, is passed... and once again, he was the "hero" of the movie...

Not to mention the myriad of UFO films.

Thoughts?
Movies?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Well some movies like The Matrix shows some views on how we are in a world that is computerized and David Icke has said something about how our world is holographic and how scientists have said that when they looked further in the universe it almost looked like it pixelated. Also since the Illuminati is involved in everything they did put stuff like that in Videogames and Movies. I guess that it could have something to do with them testing us.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I watched " enemy of the state " and well i liked it allot will smith does good in it and everything is well played out .

Also liked the lingerie scene haha that was nice .

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Some Movies come to mind

Knowing - Nicolas Cage

National Treasure - Nicolas Cage

National Treasure Book of Secrets - Nicolas Cage - Jon Voight

Fight Club... Yes Fighting. Mayhem. Soap.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

Nicholas Cage was in The Rock too...

hmmm..

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I always believe there were certain actors that keep getting recycled for "illuminati films". Nicolas Cage, Sean Connery, Will Smith, George Clooney, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Arnold Schwarzenegger ...there are plenty more but these are the ones that come to mind.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Escape from New York and to a lesser extent escape from LA...

Overly religious president with smoking, profanity and all other religions banned.

That spin off show from the x files where they manage to stop a plane from flying into the trade centre.

And Robocop with the coroporate world having more power and pull then the governement.

The running man also, with again commericla interests, the way things are manipulated in the media and also the growing lust people have toward blood sports. Its already starting with UFC becoming an overnight sensation. 5 years ago no one cared about caged fighting now its trendy.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Hey Guys-and Gals, you all missed one of the most important ones-"V".
How did yo miss it?
If you look at the plot, it tells us alot about what could happen, the funny part was when I watched it the first time I was mesmerized because so much of it was so accurate

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
What about inception? I found it really interesting and kinda makes you look at reality, but my mind wasn't really blown and I found myself having to explain it to my friends.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Right away I think of:

"They Live" 1988 - A must see.

OBEY CONSUME CONFORM BUY SUBMIT OBEY

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Fantasia!

Come on...that dancing hippo in the tutu was clearly symbolic for Princess Diana's death!
Dancing brooms by magic micky...how corporate interests are using their marketing to have the little people clean up the mess they make...

Problem is, you can take almost any movie and associate it into relevance...its what we do. We used to play this game where we would take any subject and make it relate in some wisdom to a completely unrelated topic..

like..sewing buttons in relation to surviving cancer, or changing oil in your car and relate it to military service or quitting smoking, etc.

The problem arises when we see this forced association, then think thats exactly what it was meant to be.
Life is abstract, we find meaning wherever we want meaning to be.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pinealexplorer

Don't forget BREED. It was part of the alien mantra if I remember correctly. One of my all time favourite movies. "Mama don't like tattle-tales"

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pinealexplorer
Right away I think of:

"They Live" 1988 - A must see.

OBEY CONSUME CONFORM BUY SUBMIT OBEY

Yep forgot that one, very good example

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Pixar's "WALL-E"
The humans in the movie were overly obese, and oblivious to the world outside of their computer / cell-phone like holograms. The mega-conglomerate corporation "Buy N Large" owned every sector of the economy, goods, and services. Humans were acting as zombies, buying, eating, drinking, wearing, and doing whatever it was Buy N Large told them. The world was ruined and filthy because of human pollution. Also, the captain [president] appeared to be in charge, while in reality a robot [shadow government / tptb] was in control the entire time.

Idiocracy
Seems to be an over-embellishment of modern Americans. Funny and sad at the same time.
"But it has electrolytes."
"Does anyone even know what electrolytes are?"
Lol

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Wall-E gave me the creeps.
Everyone I know that saw it loved it.
Not me.
My son insisted on us making a model of that damn thing out of a bunch of household things.
He dragged it around for six months.
Again,
Wall-E gave me the creeps.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Just watched "They Live" good film. Saw the fight scene as the struggle to wake people up.

One I always think of is "Dawn of the Dead" purely because malls are full of zombies. Don't know if it was intended like that but it turned out like that.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Eyes Wide Shut by Stanley Kubric.

This movie always gave me the creeps. The imagery, the symbolism, I believe there is a lot of truth to this film. Maybe more than the average layman would recognize

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Every Kubrick film was very... discomfiting.
Disturbing, and a film that "stays" with you for a while.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

WALL-E gave you the creeps? Really? What exactly creeped you out?

I thought the "love story" between WALL-E and Eve was cute ^_^

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The Parallax View (1974)

www.imdb.com...

This movie opens up with a Warren Commission type of group explaining that the assassination of a politician was the act of one man. It is very creepy and cold, and the movie takes us on a JFK type conspiracy trip. The 1970s was a great decade for movies like this, as they were not afraid to go after these types of subjects.

This movie was made before Crossfire was written and the movie JFK was made.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join