It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Ever have a meeeeh day, then eat something so good you feel less meh?

Wow I sound like a fat depressed glutton hahaha. Bare with me...

I just ate some Gulf Shrimp with Lump crab meat sauteed in butter! Dear God, I could die right now with a massive smile on my face. I honestly miss living on the Texas coast being able to have fresh seafood daily...

Don't get me wrong I love some bovine in my diet, but man shrimp and crab.. better than a Lobster could be imo.

It was so good I was going to tell everyone in chat but apparently in my absence it been taken down, so look it was so good I made a thread!

What are some of the things you absolutely love? Perhaps something yer Grans might make? Maybe just a fully loaded baked potato?!

I will say this though when I was living on the coast, I ate seafood so often that there wasn't a chance in hell I would eat frozen seafood, I brought this stuff back with me on ice... Amazing... and to think I still have some Snapper fillets about 2lbs of Gulf Shrimp and MORE LUMP!!!!!!!

Well I had to get that off my chest... Now if only I knew how to make Banana Fosters life would just be hhheem!

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Ooh some of my favorite foods are Paella from South America and Clam Chowder that stuff really kicks butt. Really delicious. I like a lot of seafood and bread usually.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
That sounds amazing. Crab is waaaaaay better than lobster...to my taste buds at least!

Bananas Foster is easy to make!! The link is a basic recipe. The person that wrote it though is kind of a wimp about flambe-ing the bananas though xD

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Only ingredient I have for bananas foster is vanilla ice cream and butter haha.

And YEAH crab > lobster.

Once you eat fresh seafood on a daily basis it's impossible to be bothered with frozen filth...

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
when we go to the beach this time of year, we stop and get 3-4 pounds of shrimp on the way in and boil them with beer, garlic, water and old bay. Then throw them into the fridge for later. When you get done running around getting all the junk you need for two days in the sun, sit back with a very cold beer and peel those shrimps. Usually they were caught the night before so they are very fresh. ( at least that is what we are told) but the taste is pure heaven. I just drooled on my keyboard.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I was reading the other day about Bananas Foster... and voila...

Bananas Foster in the Crock Pot...

www.crock-pot.com...

I haven't tried it, but I cant imagine it would be too hard to make. Even though you miss out on the flambe portion, its all there.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I'll take my Mama's banana pudding over bananas foster any day of the week.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
You just had to say banana pudding huh?

God I love that stuff too, and I always like to think to myself "ohh I don't care for sweets too often" what a lie I have been living.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Only ingredient I have for bananas foster is vanilla ice cream and butter haha.

And YEAH crab > lobster.

Once you eat fresh seafood on a daily basis it's impossible to be bothered with frozen filth...

Don't forget the rum in the bananas Foster.
Best part.

new topics

top topics

join