It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Key To Happiness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I like to think of myself as an observer..I’ve seen a big chunk of the world...I feel like iv'e experienced more than the average person...i met a lot of happy people..and even more people that feel miserable ..some of the happy ones had more problems..financial problems..family problems..yet they were happier people..and it was not just an act..that made me think.....what makes one person happy and the other miserable..it obviously has little to do with circumstances..I realized that happiness is an idea..its something you can have if you just think it..you have to want it though..its accepting what you have and looking for ways to make yourself happy...its about being pure to yourself..loving yourself..loving others...and if things seem to always go wrong for you...and the people around you are hurting you...then change yourself...change your lifestyle...do the simple things in life that make u happy...love everyone..be honest with everyone...keep it up for a while..and you’ll find yourself surrounded with people that love you..people that might not have been good to begin with..but your love might have touched and changed them...spread the love!!!! love u all!!! and if anyone reading this feels down or with problems..message me and tell me about it..ill do my best to help...I guess its my way of spreading the love

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The key is to know yourself, and the more you do more smoothly things will go in the right direction. If you know yourself you'll wake up at best possible time in the morning with no alarm clock and do what you're meant to do whatever it is. Flowers will grow around you and birds will sing your song, whatever was that your desired.
If not, then you'll wake up with terrible headache by someone or something screaming at you, step (with left foot) into a pile of cat dung that materialized there from another dimension and then go to work doing something you utterly despise all day long with no pauses. Horseflies will flock around you and welcoming barks of rabid dogs will shake ya up a bit for an agonizing double-shift that follows.

The problem is, it never changes so obviously... you need a lot of work for noticeable changes. That's why seemingly good people take their stuff for granted and the bad ones don't even believe in good
edit on 11/10/2010 by SassyCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Make sure you have life insurance on you and your wife or husband.

That is the key to start with.

Cause one of you can die all of a sudden and then your stuck with a big ol' house dogs and cats and turtles and bills.

I know ..I'm there ..

Though nothing can stop the brain damage.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
happiness= satisfy our desires

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
For me happiness is linked with your soul not your body. You can have the weight of the world on your shoulders, but as long as your happy in yourself. External factors have no chance. The world can do what it will with your body, but it can never have your soul.

So i think its a matter of what you feel you need as a person, in order to satisfy your soul. Most people think that money is the key and then find themselves empty and depressed even when they have it. The false ego plays a major role in distorting the the ideal of happiness. We listen too much to what people tells us we need, instead of taking time out to ask ourselfs.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by stayjersey

I agree

Religion, philosophy, and thinkers are always talking about creating in your self a positive light, a conscious effort to "think on the bright side."

We all have creative energy in the form of thoughts. "Man, this guy gets on my nerves! I can stand him!" The more you think those thoughts, the more you create that feeling for yourself! The more you dwell on feeling sick, the more miserable you'll feel!

To try to overcome negativity with positive thinking is a life-long battle! But it's well worth it when you start to gain that inner peace from it.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
When I get down and depressed I always think of this classic Monty Python video and then I am happy again and start LMAO all over again Yee Har!

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Well said my friend, Thanks for spreading the love.

With Love,

Your Brother

top topics

join