It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the ANC trying to avoid civil unrest?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
After the murder of Eugene Terre'blanche(a right wing leader in South Africa) it seems like the goverment has been doing alot of crackdowns on right wing groups and not so right wing groups.

Recently Willem Ratte has been arrested.

Johannesburg – South African right-winger and former Rhodesian SAS soldier Willem Ratte and 10 others were arrested for possession of illegal firearms, Mpumalanga police said on Friday.

This is just one of many cases recently.So far I've only heard of three cases- Uhuru Guru(blogger on the genocide of white South Africans) and a man belonging to the Suidlanders(also a right wing group)

A famous South African site called Zasucks.com where a few people write news and give their opinions on the political events in South Africa was arrested today but from the information we have no charges have been made.

10,000 rounds of ammunition, a 9mm pistol, South African Defence Force equipment and explosives were found in the home of Frederick Rabie, a former lieutenant colonel in the commandos.

Though most of these guys are crying foul play by the goverment saying they've been arrested illegally and of course the story of Uhuru Guru's friend who died under mysterious circumstances.

Can't say it's the because the of World Cup and the ANC doesn't want these guys spoiling the party for other people because the World Cup is long gone and these arrests are still taking place.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
These are current events in South Africa.

For these who don't know...

The ANC (African National Congress) is the governing left wing party in South Africa.

Eugene Terre'blanche was the leader of AWB (Afrikaner Weestandbeweing or Afrikaner Resistance Movement).
Most South Africans mostly saw him as a joke and an embarrassment until two black males murdered him on Easter this year in his own house. Supposedly about a dispute about wages between him and his farm workers.

All of this right before the Soccer World Cup. However, most of these groups were left to their own devices even after the fall of Apartheid it seems like all of a sudden they are the target of the ANC.

The ANC was once a noble movement fighting for the rights of black people in South Africa but after it came into power, it went into a slow dissent of corruption from top to bottom.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost

The ANC was once a noble movement fighting for the rights of black people in South Africa but after it came into power, it went into a slow dissent of corruption from top to bottom.

Unfortunately, this is what happens in Africa. Just look at the nut job North of the border, ol Bob Mugabe. Once he took over from Ian Smith, he wrecked what was once the 4th largest tobacco producer in the world. I had a customer from Zim. I couldn't believe what these guys were buying and taking across the border - that they couldn't get there. Basic stuff like soap! My heart bled for that guy!

edit on 11-10-2010 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Maybe we'll end up going down the same road. See he is still giving the world the middle finger and clinging onto power like sh!t on wool.

I've met alot of Zimbabwians, black and white, and from what i've heard things are really terrible over there. It's a shame they fear this guy so much.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

Seen any excess military aircraft lately?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Here's a spoof on the nutter:

Bloody weeds! LOL!
Nope, he plants seeds and Ferrero Roche, and shears pigs!

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

No, but there has been reports of a secret airbase. Not sure if it's true but maybe they're disarming these groups because they're planning a land invasion like they did in Zimbabwe. They've been pushing for nationalization of mines and farms(once owned by whites). There was an article in a Zimbabwe news paper that they're planning to get rid of us like they did in Zimbabwe after the World Cup. Well, the World Cup is over and I haven't seen military partoling the streets...yet. I've only been keeping an eye on the recent arrests of right-wingers.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

In my opinion, if any of these arrested people were right-wingers, they would have posed a greater danger during the World Cup.
It's just something to keep the press busy, while the ANC waits for media tribunals to silence dissent and embarrassing evidence, and keep robbing us blind.
(Apparently the ANC has robbed every SA citizen of R2000 by now, but some say that's too conservative.)
Of course it's part of a wider trend of fat, trigger-happy, violent and corrupt ANC-instituted cops.
Makes them look slightly competant, one supposes.
Also kinda shuts up the anti-white genocide crowd, I suppose.
Nobody feels a stuff for terrorists, and the label sticks (proof or no proof).

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Funny enough Ratte and those kids were running a museum on afr genocide. But mostly about the consentration camps and the british trying to murder us out. Don't see a valid reason for arresting them.

So you're right. Maybe they have some hidden agenda for labeling all these guys terrorist.

Just think its funny that they're arresting anyone who opposes the ANC. First the media and now these people....
edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join